Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 05:44:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tales of Le Mans 2005  (Read 17602 times)
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2005, 05:49:03 pm »

Kinnel Lorry, If your #1 highlight is being overtaken on the M27 by 2 JPC vans what the hell did you get up to the rest of the week? Did you attend the annual meeting of La Sarthe flower pressing society or somethig similar  Grin
See items 9, 10 & 12.
It still hurts,

and I keep missing JPC
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 06:11:28 pm by Lorry » Logged

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 10:38:09 am »

what can I say as for this, Roy said most of it on our own website>>
http://www.drinkingforholland.nl/teksten/lemans2005.htm Cool

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2005, 04:10:05 pm »

We erm, drank a lot, saw more racing than least year, erm drank a lot, sneaked through the trees to watch midnight qualifying where were shouldn't have and erm drank a lot.

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
mlwats
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2005, 12:26:26 am »

Hello All, I was a first time vistor to lemans this
year and found it to be just as mad and exciting,
as my experienced colleagues had described.
Houx annexe was madness, as was the roundabout on
friday night.
See my Lemans trip in pictures and videoclips at
http://www.miniworks.co.uk/lemans/lemans6.html
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2005, 03:48:52 pm »

As a mildly amusing postscript to this years race, I think this story is proof (if proof is actually needed) that Le Mans can come back and bite you on the arse just when you thought it was all over.

Chris Z, a close bosom friend of the Gimp and he who delights in pointing out that "This Man Likes Cock ->", works as a manager of the Information Desk at Gatwick Airport (no wonder it's always utter chaos when you go in there). Anyway, he was leaving the staff car park last week and HM Customs and Exercise were doing one of their ad hoc random searches on the homeward bound. Apparently, it has been know for duty free goods etc to go walkies and end up in the boot of people's cars, although you will find that hard to believe.

Mr Customs Officer looks in Chris's car and sees empty   packets of French-scripted Camel Lights strewn all over the floor and so he decides to take a closer look. He askes Chris to open the boot. In there, there is a cool-bag which Chris had collected from my house the day before and which was packed with all manner of gear that me and the Gimp had found strewn in the back of the Commer.

Mr Customs Officer opens up the bag and starts rummaging around, his hand alighting on a pair of underpants which he duly pulls out to inspect for hidden crack etc. He recoils in horror as he realises the crotch of the under-crackers are heavily smeared in a thick brown unctious matter, with peanut shaped lumps stuck in it. Fortunately he was wearing rubber gloves, but apparently he still made terrible gakking and gurkking noises, whereupon he curtailed the search due to being sick in the pit of his stomach.

Chris by this time had realised that the brown substance was nothing worse than Cadbury's Whole Nut Choccy purchased at Le Mans Carrefour, a bar of which had melted on the Commer kitchen worktop during the heatwave on the sunday; I had cleaned up the mess with the nearest item to hand, namely Chris's kexx. His protestations of innocence fell on deaf HM Customs ears and he is now marked down at work as having unnatural fetishes. But I knew that years ago....

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2005, 05:38:44 pm »

LOL.  That is one of the funniest things I've read in ages.   Grin Grin Grin

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2005, 06:00:17 pm »

Priceless Grin Grin Grin Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2005, 07:17:18 pm »

Excellent - shame the tee shirt was'nt in there as well!! (unless your chris of course)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2005, 08:38:31 pm »

such a way with words,  cracked me up.   Grin Grin Grin
R88lot

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2005, 05:32:09 pm »

Operation thirst:

Left home thursday morning, 6am. Onto the ferry at Portsmouth where the woman on the next table promptly threw up everywhere whilst we were still in the harbour. Nice.
Cherbourg to Le Mans in bright sunshine.
Karting Nord virtually full but found a spot between the road and the Danish. Drank away the rest of Thursday and all of Friday. Apologies to Johnny Herbert who got attacked by a water pistol by one of our adopted team mates (long accident ridden story)
Drank with the Danes, watched in surprise / horror as they danced to that song "who the **** is Alice"
Drank with anyone else interested, sunburnt my feet in flip flops.
Watched the racing
Fireworks and more booze
Home, Monday morning

Ready for next year.

moped boy
CA Veteran

beer makes life btr, its pretty bad so drink more!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2005, 07:53:18 pm »

No major problems, i might have forgotten to bring the one bit of the PDA needed to use the gps, then we took 6 wrong turns on the journey, one taking us half way to paris on the motorway before we could turn back for Le Mans, putting tents up in rain...well some of the tents, we may have forgotten the pole for the big one we we're all going to sleep in, so no one had a tent (carrefour will provide!) but one of the best parts for me happened before we even left british seas, i was recognised on the ferry by a fellow CA'er. But it was all worth it to meet such an, er...interesting group of like minded people. Next time i'll try and remember who all of you were... Nick

Life is short, Party Naked!
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005, 09:06:47 am »

Moped Boy, You were rather easy to spot on the ferry. Something to do with THAT picture Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: