Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 06:06:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Maison Blanche go allocated for '06 ??  (Read 18746 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2005, 09:40:53 am »

Wonder how many walk on to MB (and other sites for the matter) and camp. I don't think many do but even so, they don't pay anything.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2005, 10:21:30 am »

IMHO Charging by the Square Meter would be the  way to go.  

When I've used Houx or the old Tribunes site with marked out and numbered place I found the space adequate for 6 people in that you could get a four man and a two man tent on to the plot and have room for a car and spce tor a BBQ.
Of course there was not room for a pool and all the other things one needs these days.  
But I for one would happily pay for a second plot to take all that sort of thing.

The prices the ACO charge are reasonable and I really don't think anyone object to paying for the space they use rather than the Car park free which is kinda what they do right now.

I don't think many people walk on as such though I guess Johnevens and the other guys who arrive via TGV are walk ons.   But that is offset by the compact way people use the Sites.  When you have six cars in a group  you tend to park all the cars in one area all the tents in another and have all the open space in one place so it looks like you have a lot of space but infact you are probably not using your full allowance so to speak.

I noticed on BSJ they had tried to mark out  how they planed we should utilize the space  but it was unclear as to what the marks ment and so best use was not made of the space available.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 10:42:26 am »

We openly admit that Team JPC's site was a bit oversize, our calculations being slightly generous. Measures have already been put into place to prevent this from happening next year.

However, I would like to point out that we were saving space for others, there were indeed 30+ members on the pitch not to mention Team Zarse, Del Boy & Robspot a grand total of about 45 people. Although unfortunatley this didn't quite happen. Sorry bout that Robspot  Embarrassed

I would also like to make the point that as soon as we knew that we had more than enough space, anyone requesting to camp in the space was made more than welcome, we even fed and watered some of them.

Lastly I would like to mention that the ground in our patch (in places) was harder than the bl**dy road! we had drills on the go and STILL couldn't get pegs into the ground. I think the term the ACO is looking for is "fit for purpose" We therefore used this ground as parking.

As I've said. All measures are being put in place so that we dont overestimate our requirements next year.

Gazza

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 10:53:39 am »

We openly admit that Team JPC's site was a bit oversize, our calculations being slightly generous. Measures have already been put into place to prevent this from happening next year.

However, I would like to point out that we were saving space for others, there were indeed 30+ members on the pitch not to mention Team Zarse, Del Boy & Robspot a grand total of about 45 people. Although unfortunatley this didn't quite happen. Sorry bout that Robspot  Embarrassed

I would also like to make the point that as soon as we knew that we had more than enough space, anyone requesting to camp in the space was made more than welcome, we even fed and watered some of them.

Lastly I would like to mention that the ground in our patch (in places) was harder than the bl**dy road! we had drills on the go and STILL couldn't get pegs into the ground. I think the term the ACO is looking for is "fit for purpose" We therefore used this ground as parking.

As I've said. All measures are being put in place so that we dont overestimate our requirements next year.

Gazza

We also offered SPS for some of their cars to come over to the unusable hard ground to free some space in their own area but the offer wasn't taken up!!!

Also, if you consider the fact that WE had 10 vehicles (excluding Delboy, Team Zarse, the Fench Family, the guys with the American car and the two girls who pitched up), at 7m x 5m thats the equivalent of 350 square metres. Of actual "useable" space, i.e. excluding the rock hard stoney area, I actually think we were within that sort of area!  That said, as Gazza states, plans are already afoot for next year.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 10:56:51 am »

DfH was absolutely a bit overdone with the space we took up. But when I'm correct, Paddy already ordered 8 cards for next years event, so it will be more leveled next year. Wink On the other hand, we had 4 cards, which means 140 square meters, as 10 meters long, and 14 meters wide. I don't think we were that much bigger as that...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 10:58:44 am by LangTall_DfH » Logged

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 11:17:03 am »

Oh dear.  I'm glad we were on HA  Roll Eyes

Steve East Anglian cobras

Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 01:40:07 pm »

Last year when I was with the Other Entourage, the French did try to charge us extra per tent, rather than per car; we talked them out of it, but it's not actually a bad idea.  Maybe they could charge a flat rate for one vehicle and up to a certain number (4?) of people, and then a supplement for more people/tents?

My own concern was the fact that they were letting people in (either de facto or de jure) well before they were prepared to open the sanitary facilities, and with something like 500 people on the site by Monday afternoon, it's no wonder there was an epidemic of intestinal nature -- and I would not be surprised if eventually they have an outbreak of cholera if they keep it up.  I realize that this may be their obstinate refusal to give in to the people who arrive earlier than the ACO want them there, but if they are not going to turf the early people out -- and in fact if they are letting people in on Monday -- then common sense would require that the sanitary facilities be available when the number of people on site reaches critical mass.  I don't know what the law is in France, but in most countries a place that invites an international epidemic would be cited by the Health Department at the least!

I would hate to see them wait to have to cope with a tragedy before they do anything constructive -- but with the number of people crowding in every year, both the current unrestricted fireworks policy and the lack of proper sanitation are tragedies in waiting.  What will happen when one of those flares lands on a tent that is in the middle of a compound where many of the people are too drunk to know their campsite is afire?

I do think everyone does his or her best to keep things nice for everyone, but attention must be paid in a village that size, to common sense safety measures, I think.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 01:50:42 pm »

Just to throw my hat in on this, I have to say I don't believe that the JPC area was overly big. As already stated there were 30 of us, plus team zarse, delboy etc.. in the area.

When you look at the average carload, it is usually at least two-three tents a gazzebo (sp?), car and bbq. The gazzebo's that we used were big but when divided up amongst the 10 cars on site then I am sure the per car foot print would not have been much more than the average pitch.

Anyway to be honest it's been, it's gone, I had a bl**dy good time and can't wait til next year, what ever they decide I'll be back for more (can't let the fatlad get more stars than me can I  Wink)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 01:51:26 pm by Abs » Logged

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 01:53:08 pm »

The ACO's method of pricing is all wrong - you pay the same for a person on a motorbike as you do for a bus. Our group consisted this year of 38 people and all were in 2 seater cars or motorbikes.

We therefore had 22 camping passes and the size of our pitch was far smaller than either CA or DFH!
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 01:57:02 pm »

You've lost me there Kate!
How is there going to be a cholera outbreak because there are no toilet facilities? Surely all it means is that people are going to have to walk further to take a dump. Unless the campers start mixing sewage with drinking water (and I don't think even the Dutch were doing that) then how is the infection going to spread? Ok, it's inconvenient, but that's about as far as it goes. Mind you, I could have misread your post, and you're suggesting that one of the more demolition standard fireworks could land and explode in the nearest latrine. Now that would get people moving.

JPC, where did you buy that calculator? 350 square metres is a pitch about 19m by 19m....

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2005, 02:00:25 pm »

Where were you H? I kept dropping by the jag but you were never there and no sign at the poo bar either.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 02:01:22 pm »

My own concern was the fact that they were letting people in (either de facto or de jure) well before they were prepared to open the sanitary facilities, and with something like 500 people on the site by Monday afternoon, it's no wonder there was an epidemic of intestinal nature -- and I would not be surprised if eventually they have an outbreak of cholera if they keep it up.  I realize that this may be their obstinate refusal to give in to the people who arrive earlier than the ACO want them there, but if they are not going to turf the early people out -- and in fact if they are letting people in on Monday -- then common sense would require that the sanitary facilities be available when the number of people on site reaches critical mass.  I don't know what the law is in France, but in most countries a place that invites an international epidemic would be cited by the Health Department at the least!

The bogs at the top of MB were stinking like the Emporer Ming from the Planet Pong for the first few days and even after that they were'nt to hot. After a heavy session at JP's on monday night, I could'nt  have a shower on the Tuesday morning due to the fact I would have spewed due to the smell. Honking absolutely Honking. Also whilst on the soap box, the shower/ shitter people ratio surely wants looked at especially as the ACO are chipping away for more money for extra nights etc. I do realise that there were a couple of extra showers this year at the Golden Triangle but come on lads, obviously not enough.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 02:08:29 pm »

The JPC pitch was possibly over-generous, but at only about 60 square metres per person it wasn't unreasonable  Wink.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 02:08:35 pm »

I do realise that there were a couple of extra showers this year at the Golden Triangle but come on lads, obviously not enough.

Didn't need to worry about a shower on Friday after all the bloody licking from you Stu on Thursday  Undecided  on second thoughts maybe this was more of a reason to have a shower  Wink

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 02:11:06 pm »

Wotcher Rob,
Sorry I missed you, to be honest mate, I had quite a confusing weekend, maybe it was the cholera. We made it to the champagne bar about tennish and grabbed a spot near where we were last year and got stuck into a few bottles. After an hour or so I realised we hadn't seen any CA shirts so went on a scout around and found team Zarse and maybe TomDG round the corner, but that was about it. Timing all wrong again...
On the subject of sewage and all things emetic, if the ACO crowd everyone into 7by5 pitches then perhaps we'll need to extend upwards, and as the song goes, s**t on the rabble below.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: