Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 03:21:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 help for American newbies  (Read 53031 times)
Truckosaurus
CA Veteran

Ahoy-hoy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2005, 02:38:34 pm »

... I don't know if anyone has ever got what they wanted by being on the wait list?...

I got a telephone call from the ACO a month or so before this year's event asking if I still wanted some Houx camping tickets instead of the Beausejour ones.  Smiley
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2005, 04:36:35 pm »

Just relax and repeat after me...."it's just the way it is, it's the ACO" Grin

Fill the form it, fax it back to them, they'll send you an email confirming that they've got the form and then at somepoint (around Christmas?) you'll get an email telling you you've got Beausejour tickets (lets fact it that's all you're likely to get in October!). 

You can then say whether you want the tickets or not or whether you want to go onto the wait list for the ones you really want.

As a note of caution if you opt for the waitlist option they don't send you anything if what you're waiting for doesn't come up (that's our experience anyway) - I don't know if anyone has ever got what they wanted by being on the wait list? 

If you want to guarantee grandstand tickets at this stage you probably need to book through one of the tour operators as I would think you're chances are low of getting anything via the ACO.

I know it's all a pain but it is quaint and for me it's part of the experience!!  Just go with the flow! Grin

I think the main thing at this point is to get a camp spot for sure. Do I need to order a parking pass or do I just take care of that at the circuit with the gen. ad. pass? I'd love to get the Wimille grandstand tic if possible but it sounds like it may be quite difficult to come by. Do people sell grandstand tics too on the forums? I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Well I'm off to the fax machine to wait in line like the rest of you! Smiley  Undecided Smiley

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
2)To have a beer w/ Johnny Herbert
3)Keep drinking for Holland!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2005, 04:49:46 pm »

Camping ticket = car pass for the campsite you are on. You do not need both.

Grandstand tickets sometimes go for sale on here but not as many as camping.
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2005, 05:06:33 pm »

Camping ticket = car pass for the campsite you are on. You do not need both.

Grandstand tickets sometimes go for sale on here but not as many as camping.

OK good at least I won't have to worry about the parking once I get the camping tic. I'll just have to keep looking on the grandstand side of things. Thanks Smoke. Smiley

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2005, 07:01:20 pm »

As a note of caution if you opt for the waitlist option they don't send you anything if what you're waiting for doesn't come up (that's our experience anyway) - I don't know if anyone has ever got what they wanted by being on the wait list? 

Last year we ended up getting our HA tickets from the waiting list. What we were contemplating doing was sticking with the waiting list for HA (just one ticket, you're more likely to get one allocated to you than 6!!) & buying BSJ tickets there (I understand they were available right up to the very weekend of the race) Then leaving most of the cars at BSJ & all camping closer to the circuit on one HA permit Wink

But the main thing is as long as you're there you'll have a great time, I'm just not one for that much exercise on my holidays!! Plus watching at the Porsche Curves was fab a couple of years back.
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2005, 04:53:32 am »

Yes I have every intention of seeing the WHOLE track this year. Porsche will be a mega experience, nice lil set of sweepers to watch the R8's and Pesky's on Cool

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2005, 10:24:00 am »

Johnnyspa27, as I've had a few drop out of our group already, it's likely that I'll have a couple of spare tickets for the Lagache tribune. Keep in touch and we can sort something out nearer the time!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2005, 02:33:04 pm »

....it's likely that I'll have a couple of spare tickets for the Lagache tribune. Keep in touch and we can sort something out nearer the time!

I'll be looking for an extra Lagache ticket as well, Mark - I've got an extra person coming and I don't want to alter my order.  Keep me in mind.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2005, 07:50:17 pm »

No probs Del. I over ordered expecting numbers to grow this year but a few are taking a year out so will probably only have the same number as last year!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2005, 09:43:06 pm »

The Lagache ticket what is it for?Is it a camping area or grandstand.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2005, 09:45:46 pm »

Lagache is one of the Grandstands.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2005, 12:25:26 am »

They've changed the names/sponsors over the years, and Lagache used to be Nissan or Toyota, and its next to the ACO stand, one of two new grandstands built about 15 years ago to fill the gap between ACO and Jaguar (now Tavano whatever that is). And I think there was a gap - just a raised viewing area - must have been good, as you'll now see all the pits and the track from Maison Blanche to Dunlop from this stand.

I'd recommend a stand seat - somewhere to park your bum at 3 in the morning - and out of the sun and rain - not a lot of room for empty bottles though.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2005, 12:40:21 pm »

Lagache used to be Michelin. It's still painted in the Michelin colours at the back.
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2005, 03:57:21 pm »

I got a ticket for Lagache last year (thanks to JP for picking it up for me and even delivering to London in person with his "real" boss, Linday) and it was great.  Great view of pits and straight.  Would highly recommend same location if given the opportunity.
Amazing, you are going to have a fabulous time at LeMans.  There are no words to fully explain it.  It's just a happening.
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2005, 03:58:25 pm »

Linda, sorry for the typo, JP.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: