Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 09:41:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 km Nürburgring - Who'll be there?  (Read 22712 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2005, 10:22:33 pm »

It was a great weekend, but very short. Met Smokie and friend, all Dutchies got very drunk last night.
We had a small camp this time, and the flag was on one of the grandstands all day. Very nice to see Bleekemolen share his joy for second place in the GT2 with the Spyker with us, he basicaly stopped to cheer Smiley

Photo's included of the flag, Smokie should be in the back there somewhere.

* Afb035.jpg (64.16 KB, 503x672 - viewed 300 times.)

* Afb033.jpg (52.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 302 times.)

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2005, 09:30:04 am »

Indeed, it was a good race with the best Nuerburgring weather I have seen in ages. I'm red like a lobster  Grin

Hell, Mr. Shimoda must have been pi**ed to drive like that, very well done. Also congratulations to Oreca for second and Creation for third. Rollcentre's no 8 car finished in 5th and the other in 33rd position. 18 is not their lucky number this year. JPRacing were struck by tyre problems again. The first burst tyre nearly blew the car in half. The second one send them deep into the gravel.

It was good to see some familiar faces although it was only very swiftly.

Now the dire 8 months start again...  Undecided

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2005, 11:31:38 am »

What an exciting race, the Shimado performance was unbelievable. Had a lot of fun, met hgb and a couple of others, but my radius was a little limited as I had my 10 year old son with me.
Let's hope for a similiar exciting end of season in Istanbul

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2005, 11:33:42 am »

It was nice to see you too, hgb! (even though I was asleep with fingers in my ears Wink)

Speaking about the eight-month wait, when can we expect the '06 calender?

Drinking for Holland
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2005, 03:33:30 pm »

long distance shot of our crew by the guys from Speedpics Cool >>

Drinking for Holland
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2005, 03:35:09 pm »

Are you sure that's your crowd Paddy?? Doesn't seem to be much beer around???  Huh
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2005, 03:53:36 pm »

Do you reserve your own stand?

It was a very good race on the tele.  Now that the Audis have been handicapped out, it all seems more interesting, a race even, plus the private Aston won GT1, a Belgian Lola LMP2, and the Spyker Squadron made second step on GT2.  But I just couldn't stay awake for the ALMS at Mosport as well (sorry Phil - what happened?)

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2005, 04:48:22 pm »

But I just couldn't stay awake for the ALMS at Mosport as well (sorry Phil - what happened?)

I tried to watch it, but they had lost the connection earlier on, and were showing a repeat of the LMES at 'Ring.

Caught the last half hour or so -

P1 - Lola (Leitzinger), Audi (Biela,Pirro), Audi, Lola.  Only a few secs between 1 & 2
GT1 - 'Vette, 'Vette, Saleen - again, only a few seconds covered these three.
GT2 - Porsche etc etc.  Panoz crapped out on penultimate lap - don't know why.

Can't remember all the drivers or P2 positions - it was rather early in the morning, and I've probably got some of these wrong!.

I'm sure Phil will add more detail.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2005, 12:52:43 am »

I'm back, safe and sound. What a hectic weekend!

My mate John and I left UK on Friday afternoon and headed for Leuven for Friday night. Leuven is best known for being the home of Stella, but it is a very lively university town. There is a main square which is surrounded on each side with bars, which just get busier and busier through the evening with students (and others!). I asked one barman what time they close, he said whenever the last customer leaves, often about 6 am on a Sunday. We didn't last quite that long. I'd recommend Leuven as a stopover.

Went shopping for supplies Saturday morning then headed for Nurburgring - arrived much later than planned due to navigator error. HGB met us outside, and came with us in my car down to the campsite. As they would not let him on site he waited for ages while we put the tent up before he could get a lift back. We spent a little time at the track in the early evening, meeting Paddy and the DfH guys (what a great crowd they are...) then after dinner (canned stroganoff and bread...) went drinking in the campsite bar. The campsite is highly recommended too - go as far through it as you can, then it is a 5 minute walk into the track, down by the west end (whatever that's called).

Due to circumstances beyond my control (mainly to do with my legs and head) we were a bit late getting going on Sunday but managed to get to the driver signing session and I had my CA t shirt re-signed by Mr McNish ( Mrs S had washed out his one from Sebring). We'd omtted to listen to HGB when he was saying where the 10 am meet was, and my phone had run out of battery (new phone, no charger)so I didn't pick up the message - sorry we missed ya Werner & hgb!

We went back to the west end of the track to watch racing, and I saw more racing than I have watched almost anywhere else. My mate John was keener than I though he'd be, and that end of the track is great spectating.

Some of the DfH guys had done the Norsdchleif on Saturday, so John and I tried it on Sunday during the race. Although it was shut when we got there due to a recovery (including ambulance  Undecided) it re-opened on about half and hour. We let the queue die down before going on. Once again I was cautious, I find myself spending a lot of time watching my mirrors as there are some absolute lunatics out there. Suffice to say that only maybe 30 cars had gone out before us, and we came   across three accidents on the track during our lap - didn't help my lap time! None looked too serious, but there was an Audi TT which probably would never recover... I also got some good snaps of Sabine and the RingTaxi.

Went back to watch the end of the race, very close and exciting finish. Then broke camp and we headed to Frankfurt where I wanted to get to Walmart to buy a fridge which I'd seen on offer 5 weeks ago. Spent the evening drinking Guiness in an Irish pub, till v late.

I bought the the fridge (didn't realise it's only a "cooler" till I just unpacked it, but it should be OK). On the autobahn we were having a great journey until we were about 15 cars behind a multi vehicle pileup, including a lorry, which shut the motorway and delayed us for two hours. There must have been nearly 20 emergency vehicles, plus helicopter, wreck trucks and road works vehicles.

Anyway, the Nurburgring is yet another fantastic venue with great viewing. Recommended!!

* sabina.jpg (34.83 KB, 434x889 - viewed 212 times.)

* going off.jpg (35.76 KB, 945x556 - viewed 266 times.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 12:55:48 am by smokie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: