Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 08:30:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dec 28th and still no word....  (Read 7202 times)
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2005, 09:36:06 pm »

Is it just my impatience or should I have already heard from the ACO on if I was able to get a spot for tics? Some wise words would be appreciated

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
2)To have a beer w/ Johnny Herbert
3)Keep drinking for Holland!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 10:40:08 pm »

Do I remember that you only ordered recently??   It might be that they are going through the bookings in the order that they received them.  Then again that might be entirely too logical! 

What did you order and when? 

I'd suggest emailing them - although I've just mailed back my form and got an autoreply that they are closed for the Christmas hols.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:25:56 pm »

Is it just my impatience or should I have already heard from the ACO on if I was able to get a spot for tics? Some wise words would be appreciated

I believe that the ACO answers requests in the order they recieved them. Placed my order when I arrived in Le Mans for this years race, recieved confirmation 2 weeks ago.
When dealing with any French organisation i have found that patience is a requirement, they do things in their own way, and at a timing that suits them. Trying to hurry them up does not in my experience work. Its exactly the same when booking direct at campsites on the Med for our summer holidays.

The ACO moves in mysterious ways Smiley Huh Smiley
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 01:28:19 pm by Barry » Logged
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 10:59:19 pm »

OK my patience has paid off and I have an 'Allocation Form' from the ACO saying that I have:
Bleu Nord      Qty 1     Total 45Euros
Karting Nord  Qty 1    Total 000 Euros/waitlist
Generale Week End Qty 2   Total 120 Euros
Wimille Qty 2              Total 150 Euros

My question is this, for Bleu Nord that is just for parking or is it camping and parking? If it is not I take it that I have Bleu for only parking and camping is a wait? If someone could shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it....Cheers!

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 11:04:46 pm »

I imagine it's camping - what does it say in full - Aire Accueil Bleu Nord?    If so that is "camping blue" as far as I know. 
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 01:28:18 am »

Yes it does say that but looking on the map it only has a 'P' for parking and no tent icon over Bleu Nord thats why I was puzzled. Undecided

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 10:48:34 am »

I think (happy to be corrected) that this is a newish campsite that has evolved out of parking bleu over the last few years so the map may be out of date.

I found a link to revies of it on beermountain.com, it doesn't sound too bad But it's not MB!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 02:32:50 pm »

I think (happy to be corrected) that this is a newish campsite that has evolved out of parking bleu over the last few years so the map may be out of date.

You're correct.  There was a discussion earlier about this.

The 'Camping Bleu' you see on the maps is Bleu Sud - Bleu Nord is just across the back lane running to Arnage and, as Piglet says, has evolved from unauthorised camping in the Bleu parking area.  As far as I know, the facilities are the same as anywhere else - clean toilets, not enough showers and a stand pipe or three.

I'd accept it if I were you - if you later get the offer of KN, you can decide which ones to have.

Wimmille is right at the top of the pit straight, the first one on the northern end.  Not directly opposite the pits, but a good view down the pit straight with the cars coming towards you, and part way round the Dunlop curve - well it used to be - it is right opposite a great big pile of sand/earth at the moment, so who knows what it will be like in June - and that goes for the rest of the circuit as well.  Angry  Cry Angry  Cry

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 12:03:06 am »

Ah I see an evolution...so I take it I can park AND camp right there eh? Excellent! I figured Wimille would be a decent spot to view the start as the cars would have built good speed coming out of Ford into Dunlop, besides it should provide some wicked viewing of them downshifing at night and into the daylight....Hopefully since this is a newer site the amenities will be a bit better? Or is that asking a bit much from our friends at the ACO?

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 02:12:37 pm »

Yep you'll be able to camp and park on the site - you'll need to build yourself a parking space within your camping area and find some way of protecting it as the week goes on (we use plastic fence poles with hazard tape - sorry stupid head on can't remember what they are called?).

You could hope that there are better facilities on there and if that keeps you happy for the next few months then that's fine Grin.....sadly I feel you might be disappointed when you get there!!!   

It has to be said that there is nothing wrong with the standard of toilets/showers that the ACO put onto their sites - the problem is that there are never enough of them.  It's one of the few motorsport events where being a girl has its advantages!!!

Don't forget to take toilet roll and wet wipes Shocked 
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 10:57:51 pm »

Ah and confirmation this morning from notre bon freres at the ACO that the Bleu Nord is park and camp in one so that is good news.  Grin I cummin' to France BABY!

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 04:35:44 am »

Another question I have is once you send the payment confirmation via e-mail how long does it normally take for the confirmation of payment to come back? Or should I call them to make sure they receieved it?

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 10:08:41 am »

They normally send back a confirmation of payment up to a week or so after payment is received.

Steve East Anglian cobras

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 02:06:43 pm »

Just got my confirmation of payment thru the post.

I had emailed them a week ago to see if there was a problem as they had not billed the credit card.  They emailed back saying that they had been closed for a week over the festive season.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 07:15:02 pm »

Copy that Del, I may have to call again to varify and just to hear that lovely French operators voice.... Wink If they're all like that I'm going to be in trouble in June!

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: