Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 03:39:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More earthworks at LM  (Read 40642 times)
Fax
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 08:28:53 pm »

Looks like they're building the latest version of the Maginot Line, "Huh huh...Zee Germans will never be able to go over zees"......DOHHH! (Where's the Homer Simpson icon?)
Fax
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 10:11:46 pm »

Does this new diesel Audi have caterpillar tracks and a 'dozer blade?

I remember the rumours when Porsche entered the 4wd 961 - it was to make sure they won if it snowed.  It ran well, but caught fire, with the in car video running.  This revealed a new marshal's flag signal.  Waving a red fire extinguisher in the air means your car is on fire.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 12:14:03 pm »

Sad Huh Yep I have been watching that for the last 3 days, and it does not appear to have changed  Roll Eyes Wink

At least there is no snow on it................................... yet!  Grin
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 01:30:08 pm »

I had a new experience the other day chaps, I sh*t myself as I pulled my hat on.
Now, incontinence isn't exactly a stranger round these parts, I once cr*pped myself in Cameroon while stooping to brush my teeth, and that was no picnic, but I must admit that the hat incident caught me completely by surprise, and for the last few days, and probably for the forseeable future, I'm steering clear of any headgear, just in case.
Anyway, the general discomfort, not to mention the pong, got me thinking of Maison Blanche, transparent sewer pipes, wild bets and toilet facilities as a hole.
The ACO seem to be digging some very big ones, and in all the wrong places! Do you think it's a new toilet system? How is it that to me and others it's got 'DISASTER FOR THE RACING SPECTATOR' written all over it, maybe it's the ACO's past record on these things, but I fear that this could be the final nail in the coffin for the event. Is there going to be a reason for leaving the campsite I wonder, you can't really see the cars anymore and the fair and all it's wonders has all but disappeared, now it looks like the bars will have gone, or at least replaced with glossy corporate cr*p, - temples to Audi and the ACO rather than E-Coli and Our Bottoms.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2005, 03:20:07 pm »

H - was this a Bowler blow-out, a Homburg heave or a Derby dump?

I find it reassuring that others have lower intestinal distress related to their activities of daily living.  For some strange reason, I always start to pucker when I go into Staples office equipment store or Home Depot.  Strangely, Lowes doesn't have the same effect.

I think we all know the ACO have not been making modifications to this track over the last 16 years with spectators in mind, so I would hope no one on this site is remotely surprised by what is currently unfolding.  Just yet ANOTHER reason to have the right set-up camping-wise and not rely on what's available at the track.  You'd think all the vendors would be wondering WTF wouldn't you?

Personally, they could make this a frickin oval at this point in time and I don't think it would impact my overall experience at all.  As long as the Nigerian's cold.
Fax
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2005, 04:30:18 pm »

It looks to me like they're preparing the Bugatti circut to make a run at the French GP.  I don't know what the status is of the contract with Magny Cours, I don't follow F1 anymore so I really don't give a f**ck but thats seems to me to be the only reason why they would butcher the place the way they have.  After all it'll need to be nice and sterile for all the F1 posers, god forbid they get some soil on the soles of their shoes, the FIA would strip them of their status and give the race to Nepal.
Fax
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:31:52 pm by Fax » Logged
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 06:02:50 pm »

You could be right Fax, the track already has the Moto GP so the French GP would be attractive to them.

Both Brands & LM where changed to meet the needs for the Moto GP or SBk's rather than the cars. There's more money in bikes than cars right now outside the gp's. Even these are not the cash cows of the recent past as the current troubles in Germany show.

These guys need to be stopped before every last track is a drone and the drivers and riders need to be reminded that its up to them how fast to go round a bend.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Fax
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2005, 08:55:19 pm »

Interesting that you mention the bike money vs car cash Nordic, somewhat similar over here.  In a recent study of where the motorsports fan is spending his dollar in the US, NASCAR was on top followed by the NHRA but after that the next two most popular are AMA Supercross & Superbike.
Fax
Brushy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2005, 08:52:30 am »

Just looking at the webcam, perhaps the French are going to use the slope for the thier ski jump team to practise in advance of the olympics.

The village, now heres a thought...............................some may say is quaint and one of the last surviving relics of the good old days (l agree), however inline with modernisation dont be suprised if the newe and "better" village has: Macdonalds, Starbucks, Phones4u and of course a Weatherspoons amongst its retailers Shocked Roll Eyes
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2006, 06:40:42 pm »

Wotcher Dave,
To be honest, I'd have welcomed a fart in a fedora like an old friend, still, at least I can put all those christmas pressie boxer shorts to good use now. Mind you, I always find the white ones a little, how shall I say, difficult. Especially feigning gratitude for them...
How's Fatherhood coming along, damn fine I hope? By my reckoning you should have yet another on the way by now, but that's just statistics for you. Hang on in there dude!
I think fax has echoed pretty well most of my sentiments re the track and all who sail in her, and once again I'll be looking forward to June more as a re-union/party/piss up/near death experience, rather than a race event. What's a little hard though (steady, steadddy...) is each year we invariably have a 'virgin' or two with us, and of course we do our best to show them the circuit and all it's attractions, but it's just so difficult to stop yourself saying 'it used to be so much better than this' wherever we go. Apart from maybe the cr*ppers next to Smokies Castle.
H

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2006, 09:57:53 pm »

. ........next to Smokies Castle.
H

Don't forget, H, that the castle is no more.  At best, it will be reincarnated as a canvas replica.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2006, 12:34:48 pm »

I had a new experience the other day chaps, I sh*t myself as I pulled my hat on.

Sitting in an ice cold ski-gondola going up the mountain, I managed to put my finger in a frozen docker's omlette that a previous occupant had most thoughtfully spat on the seat. Bright yellow it was, with all flecks of blood in. It was certainly a new one on me, and needless to say, it soon had me wretching and heaving to the great delight of the Gimp.

Regrettably I can see no relavance to earth works at LM, it's just that foul tales have been a bit thin on the ground round these parts lately and I thought you'd all like to know.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 01:06:22 pm »

I managed to put my finger in a frozen docker's omlette
LOL Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2006, 01:12:41 pm »

Don't forget, H, that the castle is no more.

Smokies castle gone Del!!! Have the relevant heritage and waste water management authorities been informed?
Rumours are rife, so are my pants for that matter, but this time I refer to the size of pitches on MB. It seems there is a European Standard, decided upon in Brussels, and set to sprout at Le Mans this year, apparently it's all to do with health and safety and fire regulations. 3mX4m I hear, for vehicle and tent.
It mentions nothing about personal pissoirs or dodgy Volvos, so I'm expecting terrrouble...
How's the TB innoculation going Andy?
H

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2006, 01:25:26 pm »

....., apparently it's all to do with health and safety and fire regulations. 3mX4m I hear, for vehicle and tent.
I thought there was something about being 5 metres apart for fire reasons.  What do you do with a caravan that is 5 metres long, 4 and a half wide with awning, add the car and thats 6 x 5 metres, or two and a half standard pitches.

3x4 is a car parking space

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: