Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 12:19:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: les hunaudieres restaurant  (Read 5484 times)
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2006, 12:06:06 pm »

Our group been offered the chance to go to les hunaudieres restaurant on the first section of the straight for dinner on race night in 2006, but no one is able to tell me the likely cost. Has anyone any experience or knowledge of it?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 12:31:57 pm »

More to the point Mal, who in your group is going to be sober enough to drive you there? (or back!!!!!)  Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 12:35:47 pm »

I last went to the Chinese next door back in 1999.  The prices there were, as far as I remember, similar to UK prices.
I'm sure Les Hunaudieres won't be excessive.

You are aware that the viewing from the restaurant will be pants and you won't be able to have a reasonable dinner conversation because of the noisy oiks on the circuit?

Steve East Anglian cobras

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 12:37:16 pm »

Don't know. But should be worth it, I would go!
Here's a list of the speed the cars are doing there>> http://www.mulsannescorner.com/trap00.html

and the view>>
(click the picture for short film)

will you be back in time for the gig, Mal?  Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 12:57:17 pm »

More to the point Mal, who in your group is going to be sober enough to drive you there? (or back!!!!!)  Wink

I think I will have to get a fleet of cabs, or maybe ask TK for a lift.
mal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 12:59:25 pm »

Gig will be long gone Paddy as it is on Friday! You must have been p***ed last year!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 01:18:56 pm »

Just to add to your woes,  during the LM week there are covers put up so you cannot see any of the cars and in addition, last year some additional fencing was put in which now extends to the roof line of the buildings along this streacth of the track.

We went in a few years ago during the PQ weekend and had a very enjoyable meal with the Maserati club, it was just fine, about £15 a head inc some beer/wine. 

Getting there and back again will be a real pain, what you might want to consider is having an evening out and go around to some of the viewing areas and include the restaurant as part of this trip.

This a photo taken by JPC during the Classic, you can see the covers and fencing, its just the fencing now goes passed the roof, have a great meal!! Cool

* a168881323IBDtcl_fs.jpg (77.31 KB, 500x332 - viewed 329 times.)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 06:01:49 pm »

Gig will be long gone Paddy as it is on Friday! You must have been p***ed last year!

I guess we'd better start talking soon about the set list!  Grin
Brushy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 06:08:37 pm »

The atmosphere has gone a bit there but still worth the trip, reduced menu and reasnobly priced, about €15 plus drinks. We go at about 10pm, might be worth booking if you want to go earlier
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 09:31:09 pm »

We met Derek Bell there one year after the race and got well on ( no it was not supposed to be got on well) we ended up bolloxxed. So we then decided to take a short cut across the fields my mate Dicky said he had done it before. So off we go me with a bottle of wine in my hand, my brother with two bottles of beer and my mate Dicky (who is a wine connoiseur and medal winning wine shop owner) with a pint mug of lager. So across the fields we go and what seems like hours later after climbing over hedges and barbed wire we reach our camp. My wine and my brothers beer is finished. Dicky on the other hand still has a half full pint mug. I say how about a glass of something and Dicky says 'I still have some" he then tries it and says it is warm and throws it away!!!  Moral of the story....don't drink with Dinger Bell

Well I hope you enjoyed that, bit different from the normal one liners.

By the way met Derek the next year 1989/90, I think, in Cherbourg in a restaurant with his daughter (very fit). Very, very sociable fella could not stop him chatting, honest.

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Fax
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 09:43:32 pm »

Sure that wasn't his latest missus? Wink
Fax
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »

Used to be a fantastic place, but for the last few years the netting and barriers have spoiled the view, so much so now that the very active campsite and car park that used to be in the field approaching che chinese and the restaurant is now empty.   The only view now is by standing on the tables and chairs against the 8' metal fence in the garden of the reataurant and getting a glimpse of the cars - nothing like it was when you could stand in the laurel hedge and touch the armco!   And the gendarmes patrol the area.   IMHO it is worth calling in for a beer if you a) can find it and b) are travelling anyway between the main circuit area and mulsanne corner - otherwise it isn't worth the trip just for the restaurant.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 10:32:11 pm »

Sure that wasn't his latest missus? Wink
Fax

No definitely his daughter, we had a long chat, very normal. When his daughter was driving their L/H drive (free) Porsche onto the boat I waved my large Jag flag flag at them and the window came down a few inches and a single digit came out...good laugh.

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 10:50:28 pm »

I tend to agree that it's not the place it used to be.   The french resturant has some tables inside but from what I've seen mostly you sit around the back in the court yard.  You only hear the cars and they are not that loud back there.

Did manage a picture outside the Chinky before it was a chinky.  [img width=512 ]http://tmdg.co.uk/photography/photos/flatout.jpg[/img]

Look at that no fence no green netting "Them wer't days".

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 11:43:18 pm »

Used to be a fantastic place................  The only view now is by standing on the tables and chairs against the 8' metal fence in the garden
MG Mark
The last time we bothered to go over there was 4 years ago. The 'gendarmerie du fun' tried to shoo us away as we peered over the barricades from the roof of my trusty Landie. What is the french for c**nt ?
This is more like it, rock and roll on 1995.
Rusty

* the good old dayz.jpg (72.92 KB, 268x354 - viewed 231 times.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 11:46:53 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: