Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 02:20:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astons at Sebring  (Read 4035 times)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2006, 08:07:55 pm »

Reports are starting popup on alms forums about two Astons being entered at Sebring.Sites refered to were DSC and Trakbytes. Grin Grin Grin Shocked

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Fax
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 08:16:15 pm »

This what your referring to Randy?
TRACKBYTES confirmed during Winter Test weeks that at the closing deadline for entries to the American Le Mans Series 2006 12 Hours of Sebring, two Aston Martins were on the entry list.

This brings to fruition Scott Atherton's press conference statement that he was confident the competition for this year's GT1 class would be terrific.

Now, we do not know how many races Aston Martin will enter, but we have heard speculation of Sebring, Petit and Laguna as a minimum. This would match last year's effort.

With Brabham having jumped to Panoz-Multimatic, we do not have information regarding the drivers although we do know Robin Liddell met with Dave Richards.

So Aston Martin fans will now enjoy seeing Aston Martin on two fronts with entries in the American Le Mans Series and a pair of DBR9S' in the SPEED World Challenge Series.

Great stuff!!!!

Wohoo!
Fax
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:32:33 pm »

As far as I am aware, a privateer team have said they will run the whole ALMS with two Astons. And the last Ballast and I heard (from the horses mouth as it were as we bumped into the Prodrive/Factory team as they were returning cars from a show in Italy while we were in Calais) they are all geared up to do at Least Sebring and Le Mans again. And Japan was mentioned as well!
Fax
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 05:39:39 pm »

Most excellent news Mark!
Fax
rcutler
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 10:36:24 pm »

A Russian Consortiam bought two last year as well as a brazillian business man. The three cars were expected to run in  the ELMS or the ALMS respectively. This was direct from Dave Richards himself when I had a factory tour last year.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 02:15:41 am »

A Russian Consortiam bought two last year as well as a brazillian business man. The three cars were expected to run in  the ELMS or the ALMS respectively. This was direct from Dave Richards himself when I had a factory tour last year.
Enough name dropping Rick Grin good news indeed. Question will they be carrying anything like 175lbs penalty to slow them down because as we know now know one of them got to the finish line FIRST Grin
 Are you sure you can not make it Huh.
Cold Beer Great Racing under the Florida sun.
Canada Phil
Canada Phil
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 05:06:10 pm »

UNless I find that winning lottery ticket I lost a few months ago I won't be able to afford it. It is a real shame but then I will plan to bring over a few mates next year.

have a few for me while you are there!!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 11:03:52 pm »

I thought Astons were dropping the factory team and leaving it to 3 pairs of privateers.  I'll see what I can find out

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:45 am »

We do know they won't have David Brabham this year as he is driving a Panoz in the GT2 class. The "Canadian team"  Should make for some interesting racing an keep those Porsche drivers honest Smiley
Canada Phil
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 08:31:15 am »

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?NewsID=1747

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Fax
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 01:34:48 pm »

Well, that pretty much answers any speculation Cheesy
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: