Club Arnage
June 04, 2024, 12:55:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Trip July 2006  (Read 27624 times)
Fax
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 10:06:26 pm »

Robbo,
If your returning on August 10th you'll be here just barely too soon for college or pro football. (they'll still be in training camp, getting ready to start the pre-season)  Basketball and Hockey don't start till autumn.  However you'll be here right smack in the middle of baseball season.  Should definitely try to catch a MLB game, even if it makes no sense.  Lovely, laid-back but enthusiastic atmosphere.  Nothing better than a baseball game and a few cold beers on a warm, sultry summer night.  If your going to be in Chicago, they have two teams, the Cubs on the North side and the White Sox (defending World Series Champs) on the South side.  The Sox are the better team but the Cubbies play at one of the great old ballparks in America, Wrigley Field.
Fax
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 10:19:13 pm »

How about a bit of NHRA drag racing action?

There's the NHRA Northwest Nationals at Seattle on July 21-23
http://nhra.com/apcm/templates/preview.asp?articleid=2438&zoneid=90&navsource=14

NHRA Fram Autolite Nationals at Sonoma, California (north of San Fran) on July 28-30
http://www.nhra.com/apcm/templates/preview.asp?articleid=2439&zoneid=90&navsource=15

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 06:35:28 pm »

Just a quick update for those interested..

Fly to JFk, staying in NY for a night, just off Times Square, then off to Toronto for a few days, then to chicago, via an afternoon at Niagra Falls.

After Chicago, its a few days wondering in the rockies via Denver, then off to Seattle and Vancover for 5 days.

San Francisco to collect my HArley Road King, with an over night and day stop at the Red Bull Moto GP in Leguna Seca, before chilling for a week on my hog on Highway 1, Pacific Coast Highway.
Trying to catch the LA Raiders ( i think ) MLB on a Friday in LA.

Ditch the bike a week later for a whistle stop tour of a Mexican bar and Tuana, before vegas for a few more days, fly to DC a tourist trip of the white house etc, then NY for last few days, flight home and... then back out to Berlin for a stag trip.

Quick advance thanks to John and MAtt for the invaluable advise on flights etc and not AMTRACK - i am trying a little trip in there.

I managed to book a circumnavigation of the USA for less than a stuident rail card using jet travel. Only slight snag was getting over the yellow line on my map between the US and Canada !!! Blomin Heck, no cheap flights, hence a trip to seattle the 3 hour bus ride.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 07:35:13 pm »

Thanks for that Robbo. Obviously we all hope it is a great trip and wish you have a fantastic time but please spare us the details until you get back cos some of us mere mortals only get 20 days holiday a year.
 After 3 skiing trips, Le Mans and a stag weekend it has left me completely bolloxed for a summer holiday.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 07:45:27 pm »

Thanks for that Robbo. Obviously we all hope it is a great trip and wish you have a fantastic time but please spare us the details until you get back cos some of us mere mortals only get 20 days holiday a year.
 After 3 skiing trips, Le Mans and a stag weekend it has left me completely bolloxed for a summer holiday.

And don't forget some of us mere mortals who can only just barely afford to go to Le Mans, never mind even entertaining the idea of THREE ski trips. My main holiday this year is in a cottage in Wales  Cry

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 07:46:00 pm »

Sorry, Ive already done 2 snow boarding trips,  and have 2 stag weekends, 24 hour bikes to get through and a few days in the Swiss Alps to get in before end of April.

Trust me i am working lots to up my time off chart....

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2006, 07:47:01 pm »

And don't forget some of us mere mortals who can only just barely afford to go to Le Mans, never mind even entertaining the idea of THREE ski trips. My main holiday this year is in a cottage in Wales  Cry

Thank god i'm single ( well sometimes its great )

johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2006, 10:13:19 pm »

Hey Robbo, glad to hear things are coming together for your big trip over this way.  What are the dates you plan to get into Denver and be in the mountains.  I will be in Vail (100 miles west of Denver on Interstate Highway 70) on July 1-7 on vacation with my wife and another couple.   Maybe there is a chance we could link up for day and take you sight seeing in the Colorado Rockies.  We go into the back country go for a picnik and look for deer and elk.  Let me know.
John
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 12:07:56 am »

All I can say is, have a fantastic time, and blimey, the job must be paying well these days!

Take care on that HOG. Remember, the brakes may well not be what you're used to. Caught me out before.

Have a great time.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2006, 12:04:06 am »

Another questions for those over the pond.

I am looking at a Greyhound trip, as i should really, so will do the LA to Vegas trip.

I was told that even by booking in advance i still will have to que and maynot get on my bus of choise ??

Seems wierd.

dirtyboy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 12:13:26 am »

I live and LA and NOBODY but bums and old ladies take Greyhound. How much is the bus trip? You can normally fly from LAX to Vegas for $40-60 (each way). The flight will be 45 minutes – bus ride 6 hours.

Los Angeles airports you can search for low cost tickets

LAX
Burbank
Long Beach
dirtyboy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2006, 12:27:55 am »

http://www.southwest.com

has tickets for $49.00 USD
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2006, 12:52:48 am »

I think the whole idea of Robbo wanting to take the Greyhound is to experience the journey by Greyhound.
Sure, anyone can step on a flight and be there in 45 minutes, having stared at the back of the head of the person in front for that time.
The alternative is a drive east along I-15, shadowing the old Route66 to San Bernardino and Barstow and then into the Mojave Desert and the border with Nevada.

I've driven from Barstow to Vegas and, although it's an interstate, found the journey quite scenic.

Definately another 'experience' for Robbo's trip.

Steve East Anglian cobras

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2006, 12:56:03 am »

...... and NOBODY but bums and old ladies take Greyhound.

Does Robbo qualify??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 02:45:29 am »

Grey hound travel would be cool if it was closer to non-stop.However they stop at every ho-boakin town between your two point of travel.Cool for a liitle while.but it gets old quick.

I did not see any plans for Florida,cant blame you everyone goes to Florida.
If you do get this way I would love to show you around.

Nothing,I mean nothing beats VEGAS.  OOOHHHH YYYEEEAAAAHHHH !

Always remember what happens in Vegas stays in Sebring !

Have a great vacation !

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: