Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 03:56:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The import things in life  (Read 4366 times)
mstreet
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2003, 07:23:43 pm »

Where can I get ice in Le Mans?...I used to be able to con the fish man in Carrefour but failed last year...got to keep the booze cool  !!!
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 12:30:17 am »

Ahhh - Ice - something that has been one of the MOST important factors in a successful chilled champers and beer weekend for many years.  God I remember the early days of carrying warm dumpies around.  Christ, what a nightmare.

You can buy ice at most grocery stores in the Le Mans area.  I know E l'eclerc and Carrefour sell it in bags and blocks!  Problem is that many closer to the circuit run-out by Friday night before the race.  We've been lucky and have folks living local so they can produce copious amounts in advance of the weekend - but we've ventured out on Saturday morning and re-stocked for the rest of the weekend on many occasions.

Obviously you need a cooler/coolers to maintain it.  And mobility (i.e. wheels - but you've gotta modify or a stock cooler will not survive the terrain and miles involved) tends to be the key here as it becomes a bit tedious making frequent returns to camp to restock supplies.

For the last couple of years we've taken a gas fridge which supplements camper fridge capacity in keeping supplies chilled.

Good luck!

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 12:05:59 pm »

Ditto likewise - we carry 2 fridges.  If you aim to buy one, get it in France - they are (or were) about half the price for the same product in the UK.  

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: