Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 03:54:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring tv coverage - Motorstv 18th March 3pm  (Read 22979 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 09:37:02 am »

What number channel is it on sky+?

And Mrs JPC is so lovely that I'm sure she'll let you have a recordable dvd  Kiss

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 09:43:03 am »

According to the front of the machine it takes RAM, -RW and -R, we normally use the -R's for things that we want to keep. 

Is that the right answer to the question? 

That''s fine Piglet. -R is the best format for sharing with others as it's the most compatible.

Now I'm no 'expert' either but one question comes to mind about your PC DVD not recognising your DVD's recorded on your TV recorder/player - when you've finished recording do you 'finalize' the disc? I believe if this is not done your TV player/recorder will still read and play the reorded disc, but other equipment will not.

Sooooo my current plan is that I'll record the beginning and the end and lose 2 hours in the middle somewhere in the hope that they'll repeat it all at the end anyway!

Anyone else going to be around who can record a chunk of it or sky+ it and record it off later (we don't have sky+ Sad )

No Sky+ here either but I'm sure a couple of hours will not go amiss. If you let me have a copy of the finished recording I can at least edit out the ads.... I'll PM you my address details.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 10:32:56 am »

It's on Motors, can't recall the channel number though.

Pretzel - I've never finalised the disk so that might be the problem - I'll have a play with the machine and see if I can work it out.   

I'll record as much as I can and let you have it to edit - if someone else gets it as well then fantastic.  Last year when I tried to video Spa LMES I got four hours of the freezeframe out of the back of a car window as the sky box had frozen up so better too many than none at all!! 

JPC - I think it's only reasonable that Mrs JPC buys you a DVD recorder in exchange in for you l eaving her in peace for a week!! 
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 10:45:15 am »

I've just found Motors TV it's on channel 413 on Sky

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 11:18:45 am »

What number channel is it on sky+?

And Mrs JPC is so lovely that I'm sure she'll let you have a recordable dvd  Kiss

Channel 413

Does anyone know if I can "network" the Sky+ box so  can use the DVD writer in my PC to burn stuff?

<Note to self, must read the whole thread before answering questions!!>
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 11:20:38 am by jpchenet » Logged
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 11:24:10 am »

JPC - I think it's only reasonable that Mrs JPC buys you a DVD recorder in exchange in for you l eaving her in peace for a week!! 

I like your logic Piglet!!  Grin

It's just a shame not all females are as logic as you though. My uncle missed a lads night out with us last night as his wife arranged for someone to come round and show then some curtains and she insisted he had to be there. WHY?Huh?  He's a man! We all know his opinion will be wrong anyway, whatever it is.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 03:40:09 pm »

Does anyone know if I can "network" the Sky+ box so  can use the DVD writer in my PC to burn stuff?

Yes you can Mark.  I looked into this a year or so ago, but at that time I didn't have a good enough graphics card to accept the input from the Sky+ box. 

You can connect via SVideo link or (better but a lot more expensive) via fibre-optic.

Parts/cables etc readily available at, if you want to use them, PC World, and I am sure that many other outlets would have them.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 09:35:03 pm »

I like your logic Piglet!!  Grin

It's just a shame not all females are as logic as you though. My uncle missed a lads night out with us last night as his wife arranged for someone to come round and show then some curtains and she insisted he had to be there. WHY?Huh?  He's a man! We all know his opinion will be wrong anyway, whatever it is.

I is speshal - I know so 'cos I went to a speshal skool - it was approved laugh

(I don't do curtains anyway!)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 11:27:01 pm »

Aaahhh - Motors TV is not on Cable (telewest)  and its not FTA on Sky.

For those who don't have access to Motors, there is live radio coverage of most sessions on Globecast Radio, Sky channel 0157 or online at www.0157.org
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 12:25:36 pm »

OK guys, the sky box and the DVD recorder are set and double checked so fingers crossed!!

The Motors TV Schedule now doesn't match what Steve posted above, and neither schedule matches the schedule on the Skybox so we've taken a punt on times and should get the majority of it!

With Motors pictures and words from Hindy I reckon you lot are going to be spoilt for choice!

We've off to Brands for a bit of real engine noise!

Have a good one!
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 07:41:12 pm »

If it works, I might have to punt a copy off you please Smiley
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 04:50:22 am »

excellent fight to the end with Papis and Enge, looks promising for Le Mans!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 04:51:42 am »

What a finish for 3rd place in GT-1.  Can't get any closer than that. 
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2006, 11:16:29 pm »

Yes, Yes, Yes  Grin  The DVD player & the Sky box appear to have worked OK and we seem to have the beginning, the middle and the end of the coverage.  We had to drop an hour or so in the middle but it looks pretty good.

I'm going to pass it over to Pretzel who's going to edit it.  I'll mail it on Tuesday, gonna have a look at it tomorrow night first (as well as the highlights!)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 09:17:22 am »

Yes, Yes, Yes  Grin  The DVD player & the Sky box appear to have worked OK and we seem to have the beginning, the middle and the end of the coverage.  We had to drop an hour or so in the middle but it looks pretty good.

I'm going to pass it over to Pretzel who's going to edit it.  I'll mail it on Tuesday, gonna have a look at it tomorrow night first (as well as the highlights!)

Standing By.....

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: