Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:33:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expo, whats it like?  (Read 9088 times)
Dorset Lad
CA Veteran

Am Yum!

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2003, 03:45:28 pm »

I have Expo camping tickets for the first time this year (couldn't get Bleu). Would anyone like to warn me in advance what to expect? Hopefully it will be peace & tranquility, ample tiolet/showers and a nice big pool (with bar). Will I be dissapointed??

Dorset Lad
Alfa Dave
CA Veteran

Half Fast Racing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 04:25:39 pm »

Funny place Expo.

Lots of concrete, animal stalls, pig stys (I kid you not) and the like. Though it is handy for the main entrance and there is a bar across the road from the gate.

The one time I was there we managed to get a pitch under a tin roof structure which was good coz it peed down.

In summary - a mixed site - reasonable facilities, get there early for best ground.
Dorset Lad
CA Veteran

Am Yum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 05:11:25 pm »

Thanks Alfa Dave.
I am not arriving untill Thursday morning. This was usually OK at Bleu as it didn't get busy untill Thursday evening/night. From your name (Alfa) do I take it you have a rather nice Italian Lady?
I, myself drive a 156 v6 (not old but nice!)

Dorset Lad
Alfa Dave
CA Veteran

Half Fast Racing

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 06:07:09 pm »

Dorset Lad,

I have a '76 1600 GT Junior which I do hill climbs and sprints in. It's a road car really so it enjoys the blat down to Le Mans, taken it 3 times so far.... It does prefer the sun though........

Dave
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 02:10:48 pm »

Dorset Lad

We stayed there for the first time last year and endorse the above comments.  Regulars at the site appear to take along hammer drills & masonery bits to enable them to get tent pegs in.

Quite reasonable (French-style) permanent crappers.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 05:40:28 pm »

We have stayed there a few years on the trot.  Got Bleu this year for a change.  We like it as it is close to the pub, not far from main gate, close to the fair etc.  

We normally try and get a run of the pens.  The big advantage being is you can put a ruddy great padlock on them and feel you kit is slightly more secure than in a tent.  Also good for keeping dry.  We even rigged a shower up in one of them.

After the first time, we left the tent pegs at home and brought a pack of 6 inch nails and alump hammer & never looked back.

We normally get there early Thursday afternoon and it is starting to fill up.  The ladies loos are more than adequate for a moment of quiet contemplation
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 11:32:57 pm »

I stayed in Expo in 2001 and had access to a couple of the pens.  Got to say that in view of the weather that year is was an excellent result.  Could sit and watch the rain piss down from the dry!

However trying to get tent pegs in the ground is an interesting occupation if not prepared!  I shall be investing in large masonary nails, and a big hammer this year!

Oh and I never found the showers on this site, so there may be none.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 12:16:29 am »

Does Expo have a milking machine perchance? Can imagine hours of fun with that...
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2003, 09:05:41 am »

The other good thing about its location is its a 2 minute walk from the bus stop to the town centre.

Jem
Buzzter
CA Veteran

Fat Hand Gang

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2003, 09:14:30 pm »

You could always try to shoot down one of those low flying aircraft flying into the airport with your fireworks. The Germans came close last year!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: