Club Arnage
June 01, 2024, 05:50:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA members Guidebook for LM 2006  (Read 52314 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2006, 04:07:14 pm »

We'll arrive with about 8 people on Wednesday evening at Expo campsite and will stay until Monday morning. Feel free to visit us for a cold one (or two, or three...)

I'll try and pop in on the Thursday on my way to or from the Rotunda  Smiley

I guess you're going to the Rotunda to order the 2007 tickets, I have the same plan for Thursday, somewhen after noon when the hangover is gone... look for the www.lemanszone.de banners (blue with white letters) and you'll find us
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:53:24 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2006, 05:17:44 pm »

Don’t think this has been covered (?) but how about a section for the National Anthems, always creates great atmosphere at the beginning of the race and joining in with the other countries anthems is appreciated. Some may need to be phonetically adapted and some Da Ditty Da Da's though.

I think this is a fantastic idea  Grin   Come on you foreigners, let's have your anthems Grin
Too long to type but check out marseillaise.org/english/francais.html

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2006, 05:24:00 pm »

look for the www.lemanszone.de banners (blue with white letters) and you'll find us
I'll find you!!
 Wink
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2006, 06:58:56 pm »

Hi all,

I'm about to finish the campsite chapter. Dan has provided a great start for this and I have added my own experience as well as a lot of snippets from this forum from various campsite-threads.
However, I feel it needs some improvements, there is only little about places like e.g. "Interieur Musee" and "Chapelle" and not much even about "Maison Blanche", I've never stayed there my self.
So, please have a look at it and add information or impressions about the sites where you have stayed at in the last years. The curent draft can be read at http://www.lemanszone.de/caguide2006/18-campsites.pdf

Cheers

Werner

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2006, 07:19:00 pm »

Werner (and Stu, for our very own Useful Info thread) -

Termie wotsername has posted some useful info about local markets in this thread.

http://tinyurl.com/p28d6
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2006, 07:22:34 pm »

Hi all,

I'm about to finish the campsite chapter. Dan has provided a great start for this and I have added my own experience as well as a lot of snippets from this forum from various campsite-threads.
However, I feel it needs some improvements, there is only little about places like e.g. "Interieur Musee" and "Chapelle" and not much even about "Maison Blanche", I've never stayed there my self.
So, please have a look at it and add information or impressions about the sites where you have stayed at in the last years. The curent draft can be read at http://www.lemanszone.de/caguide2006/18-campsites.pdfYeah, that would be great - I have never camped before (have always bivvied on a bank on the track)and chose MB at random really, and because it'll be close to the other cars in Parking Blanc.  Would like to know more.  Love the work so far by the way.

Cheers

Werner

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2006, 08:41:06 pm »

Werner (and Stu, for our very own Useful Info thread) -

Termie wotsername has posted some useful info about local markets in this thread.

http://tinyurl.com/p28d6

Thanks smokie, I've added it to the guide

Spidey
CA Veteran

I'm a spider!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2006, 11:24:33 am »

Hi all,

So, please have a look at it and add information or impressions about the sites where you have stayed at in the last years. The curent draft can be read at http://www.lemanszone.de/caguide2006/18-campsites.pdf

Cheers

Werner

Werner - Mr Toad's most excellent site (http://www.beermountain.com) has a useful section on sites including user reviews, which may be of assistance........

Cheers

Spider
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2006, 11:32:45 am »

Werner - Mr Toad's most excellent site (http://www.beermountain.com) has a useful section on sites including user reviews, which may be of assistance........

Cheers

Spider
Ta, yes it is good, esp posts from those who've done it before.  Was wondering which day to pop down the road and pitch the tent and this helped.

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2006, 11:38:58 am »

Hi all,

Cheers

Werner
Werner-
re Chapelle: I agree with the Beer Mountain guys. I stayed there in 2002. Nice crowd of campers, mixture of French and English, but the site is so close to the track and the access to Parking Vert that you have spectators wandering though the site all the time. You get hordes of youg French kids throughout Saturday night, pissed brainless.
I lost my mountain bike and a whole load of barbecue tools that night - my fault for not locking the bike just for once, but it wasn't the pikeys, I'm sure.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2006, 11:40:45 am »

Werner, back in 2004 i did a panorama shot of MB you can see it here, please feel free to use it if it suits.  Peter

http://community.webshots.com/user/blueworlddiving
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2006, 02:09:49 pm »

thanks to all of you, the chapter will get better Grin Grin Grin

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2006, 12:51:13 pm »

A question for the transportation section of this guide:

Does anyone know wether there will be public shuttles from the main circuit entrance to Arnage during practice and race? Have there been shuttles in previous years and had someone a first-hand expirience with those?

The SETRAM website (Le Mans bus company) lists only shuttles to the town and to the drivers parade.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2006, 12:54:03 pm »

As far as I am aware, the shuttles to Mulsanne and Arnage are arranged privately by the tour companies, but I may well be wrong!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2006, 01:37:55 pm »

Werner

A note about the  shuttles, I've only used them once but whilst getting on at the main entrance is merely a bit of a push and shove getting back on at Mulsanne was comes very close to a minor scuffle, not pleasant.
The viewing isn't (wasn't) great at Mulsanne either.

No problems at Arnage though, and highly recomended
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: