Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 03:19:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing on the tube.  (Read 6146 times)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:40:09 am »

So I guess Iwill my new dvd of Lemans for the fourth time since getting home from Sebring.

One question though.What are all of the small blue tents with numbers on them?  Rentals ?

How cool would it be to recreate that?

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 11:28:02 am »

They are probably the Danish set-up on Karting Nord. They bring them in by the coach load, arrange a huge marqueue with food and drink and hundreds of individual pup tents.

Imagine it, middle of the night, having consumed a beer or two (ahem) and you have to find your own tent amongst 200 others that are all identical!  Undecided
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:04:32 pm »

Is that who they are.  You can see them from MB, so I've often wondered.

Many years ago a friend of mine had the same trouble.  We left the bar at Brands Hatch rather late and he headed back to his VW campervan, only to find a line of about 30 of them - in the dark

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:56:44 pm »

We will be at Brands Hatch this weekend also staying in my VW van, however there is possibly no camping at the circuit so I guess we will be on a nearby site.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 02:08:41 pm »

They are probably the Danish set-up on Karting Nord. They bring them in by the coach load, arrange a huge marqueue with food and drink and hundreds of individual pup tents.

I'll endorse that.  We were pitched right opposite them a few years back.  The punters pay an all-inclusive fee (IIRC it was about £1200) for travel, the tent and all food.  At least they get to keep the tent at the end - cheaper for the organisers than to take down 400+ tents, pack and store them.

They were well looked after - we got in with some of the workers (read that as 'got p*ssed with them) one night.  They asked if we liked steak, and the next day when we returned to our pitch, we found a dozen bloody great steaks in one of our fridges.  Had breakfast over there (for free) a couple of times as well.  They have a big marquee with bar and sat. tv - quite civilised really.  Suppose it should be for £1200 each!!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
tkm271
CA Veteran

If its got tits or an engine, its going to cost ya

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 02:19:49 pm »

Four years ago, and heading up to the start, I, and a couple of mates, noticed a big sign outside that Marquee, which read "England Vs Denmark" live! It was the World Cup!
So with about five minutes to kick-off we strolled in, chanting the usual "Inger-land, Inger-land, Inger-land" in our slightly drunken states!
We entered via a side door, saw the large screen to our right, the bar straight ahead, and not a spare seat in the place!!
As we ordered some welcome ice cold beers, my mate was heard to comment, "What are all the horned hats about?" As I looked closely at him, you could see the penny drop......... "They're all Danish...... aren't they?"

We weren't alone though, there were about ten England supporters at the front, and about six of us..... right in the middle, but we weren't to be outdone, even though it was a bit daunting - 16 English and about 1000 Danes!!! Rorkes Drift - walk in the park!!!

Well, if you remember, England won and it was a worrying few moments as we were the object of their eyes, as we had continued to support our boys throughout the entire match..... There was an uneasy silence...... then, one Dane turned round and said, "Your boys played well, you deserved that" shaking my hand, he added, "Now there's something far more important, a small matter of a motor race!"

If only all supporters were like those Danes. They were brilliant and more than welcoming. We missed the start of the race, as there were a few free beers waiting at the bar from our temporary hosts.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 02:32:37 pm »

We will be at Brands Hatch this weekend also staying in my VW van, however there is possibly no camping at the circuit so I guess we will be on a nearby site.

Rick, is this the new camper van?  Will it be going to Lm?
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 03:35:21 pm »

1200 squids for a trip to LM!  Most of us get change out of a quarter of that, but if it includes booze for a week it could be a fair price

rcutler
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 03:56:06 pm »

Rick, is this the new camper van?  Will it be going to Lm?

New one?Huh Nope I will take my VW van seen on MB two years ago. Dad is taking his again this year.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 04:06:01 pm »

Okedokey, just had it my mind that the camper had been sold Huh
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 04:11:24 pm »

There was a rumour that you'd traded it in for a Commer

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 04:31:09 pm »

If only all supporters were like those Danes. They were brilliant and more than welcoming. We missed the start of the race, as there were a few free beers waiting at the bar from our temporary hosts.

I'll drink to that!!  Cheesy

We watched that game from a bar in Le Mans. Ten Team JPC members and about 15 Danes. They all came and shook our hands, bought us beers and told us that we were by far the better team.

We then played them at table football and pool for beers as well, and we won those too!!  Grin
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 03:12:03 am »

And again ! Grin Grin Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 12:35:02 pm »

We then played them at table football and pool for beers as well, and we won those too!!  Grin

That's all very well, but they've got Tom Kristenson, so they actually won all that matters.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 12:40:13 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 01:31:57 pm »

That's all very well, but they've got Tom Kristenson, so they actually won all that matters.

How so Bob, we won the beer!!!!!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: