Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:50:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello and BGP  (Read 9040 times)
Fax
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 07:43:36 pm »

Tell ya what Bird, watched my GP of the season Sunday and....YAWN!!  Fricking boring as hell!  Did anyone actually overtake someone on the track?  Stupid rules, stupid technical regulations.  Nothing more evocative than watching a F1 car tear by trailing a mist of sawdust like a giant belt sander. So next week Renault can use new engines but Ferrari can't?  Nice rules there, maybe they can make the previous race winner do the race with a giant Ronald McDonald perched on the back, that makes about as much sense.  Grooved tires, wooden planks? Sounds high tech to me.  And lets not forget single car qualifying, there was a master stroke!  Lets work it out so the paying punter sees even less over a race weekend.  As I said stupid rules, stupid sport and dare I say...Stupid fans for paying 150 quid to see it.
Fax
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 07:50:59 pm by Fax » Logged
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 08:04:36 pm »

single car qualifying

I thought they got rid of that?  or have i been seeing things  Huh
Fax
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 08:23:37 pm »

Fran,
Was referring to it in the past tense.  However the new knockout system is just about as dumb.  It's all made for TV crap.  There was nothing wrong with the good old Friday and Saturday timed sessions, except the powers that be thought it didn't make for good enough TV.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 02:07:16 am »

i would go if i could afford it, would like to experience a live gp but the prob is silverstone is way too overpriced - its usually gonna be cheaper to travel to another circuit - such is the way britain works Sad
Hi Rob,
          I recommend Indy if they still go there. Cheapest seats and good view of the cars...same crap racing though.
Canada Phil
Fax
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 04:00:52 am »

By all accounts this is it for the USGP at Indy, it was a seven year contract and virtually everyone agrees that it won't be renewed.  The race has been a money loser from the outset and after last years fisaco the feeling is one of this is it, lets get it over with, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.  I can't see another USGP happening for decades, if they couldn't get it to work at the most famous racing venue in the Americas, it's just not going to work anywhere.  I lay the blame squarely at the feet of Bernie & Max.  As Matt once said, the US is the most lucrative, receptive motor racing market in the world and they still managed to f**k things up.  Doesn't break my heart to see Tony George lose his ass on this either.
Fax
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 11:22:09 am »

I fully agree that last weekend's race was snooze worthy to say the least. However, the atmosphere at Silverstone combined with the fact it's just up the road  AND the Quo factor means I wouldn't miss it for the world. 

Have also managed to sneak a Grand Prix in to our honeymoon in August, but for a whisker of the price. I think both tickets cost less than my one for the BGP,    and we could have bought two more and still been in pocket.  It's just us Brits that get ripped off, but I don't think that's limited to F1.

I didn't pay for my ticket btw, Santa did. Good old boy.  Grin

A ferrari can't run on glue
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: