Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 10:16:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello and BGP  (Read 9039 times)
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2006, 04:06:49 pm »

Hello CA,

Long time no. I hope you are all looking forward to the imminent race, and will think of us non-attendees whilst you prop up the shampoo bar. Next year Vik and I will definitely be there to cause more chaos.

There is a small matter of another race occuring pre-LM, at the fine circuit which is Silverstone (stop laughing), and I was wondering if any of you were planning on going, as my usual grand prix pal (not Vik, she wouldn't lower herself to F1 - read: doesn't want to shell out £150 for a lack of night racing) is emigrating to Yapan at the end of May, so I'm going on my lonesome......  Cry

A ferrari can't run on glue
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 05:39:43 pm »

25 views and nothing.  Roll Eyes

Does no-one understand Proper Cars?

* bird runs away

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:45:21 pm »

What ho Bird, long time no speak.  How's life with a sprog and no motor racing  Wink

As for F1, I'd rather go and watch paint dry.
£150  Shocked - I got to Sebring for the 12 Hours for just over twice that.

Steve East Anglian cobras

bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 05:53:29 pm »

A bite at last!

I thought everyone had forgotten me.  Undecided

Sprog life is wicked - she's one in a couple of weeks, which is ultimate proof that time flies when you're up to your knees in poo  Grin Motorracinglesslife is bearable, just, but I did drag a 7 week old Lily to the Friday practice sessions at Silverstone last year. She sported some huge builderstyle ear defenders and slept for 90% of the time. I woke her up for one of Daddy Michael's laps though, and she was obviously impressed in that she didn't scream.  Cheesy

Do we have any other takers, or should I start my own forum for saddos that still appreciate the wail of an F1 engine?

Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 06:02:09 pm »

i would go if i could afford it, would like to experience a live gp but the prob is silverstone is way too overpriced - its usually gonna be cheaper to travel to another circuit - such is the way britain works Sad

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 06:05:12 pm »

I love the scream of the engine, but thats it.

Changing nappies might have more interest.

Or even Fishing ! The last blood sport in the UK

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 06:19:27 pm »

Bird! It really is you! how are you and Baby Bird? Saw Vik a couple of months ago and got dragged along to her local pub where obviously there was no escape from the subsequent alcohol poisoning.

Hope life is good, but you won't catch me at a F1 race for love nor money.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:23:49 pm »

We'll be there....

But then we are going for the social side as much as the GP,  and the thundering historic GT car support race should be a fantastic sight and sound.

Of course we'll be camping from Thursday night, and Saturday night see's us attending a Pig Roast at the BRDC (with drivers attending too hopefully).  I think the BRDC are trying to get Bernie to attend,  but he doesn't fancy the idea of having a long pole shoved you know where and being slowly cooked.....

We have great seats overlooking luffield/woodcote, but then we do get them at a £40/ticket discount, get cheap camping, and don't have to pay for parking if its needed.

But it'll be three days at work afterwards, then off on Wednesday night for the big event....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 06:42:18 pm »

I'll be working at the GP for half of Thursday, Friday and Saturday and will be camping in Marshals camping.   I'm then bogging off on Saturday night to come back to Bristol, unpack then repack the car to head off to France on the Sunday morning!!

It was a tough choice, stay for the GP on the Sunday or head off to Le Mans on the normal day  Grin   
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 06:44:45 pm »

It was a tough choice, stay for the GP on the Sunday or head off to Le Mans on the normal day  Grin   

Tough choise? Have you been drinking already Piglet?  Huh Huh Huh

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 06:57:28 pm »

I think the BRDC are trying to get Bernie to attend,  but he doesn't fancy the idea of having a long pole shoved you know where and being slowly cooked.....

oh how I would like to see that Grin Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 07:42:06 pm »

Tough choise? Have you been drinking already Piglet?  Huh Huh Huh

Whoops sorry missed off the sarcastic - "not a chance that I'm staying I'm off to Le Mans wooo hooo! smilie  Grin
Fax
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 08:25:54 pm »

150 Quid!  Holy sh*t! (Fax pissing himself laughing)
The word RAPE springs to mind.
That's about 300 dollars...and mind boggling!
Christ you could fly over here and pick up a ticket for the race at Indy for that kind of highway robbery.  They can't give away tickets for the USGP.  I wouldn't pay three hundred bucks to see a GP if Jim Clark himself rose from the dead and was driving.
Fax
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 08:56:41 pm »

You can hear the screaming F1 engines for a lot less than £150.

Try going to one of the national Hillclimb meetings.,

Graham-White junior has built his own chassis with a little help from Adrian Newey and is running an ex Arrows V10 lump to boot!!!! ..........the sound on the hills is absolutely awesome,and it only costs about £15.00 to get in and spectate.

Wishy
Fax
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 09:12:05 pm »

Using the currency converter 150 pounds works out to $279.
The phrase "A sucker born every minute" pops into my head.
In a couple of weeks the Mid-Ohio ALMS round will set me back $60 for a weekend superticket (including grandstand seat and paddock admission) plus $15 for a infield parking pass for the Volksmonster.
Fax
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: