Club Arnage
June 17, 2024, 02:29:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: late night french petrol  (Read 2758 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2006, 12:35:17 pm »

covered before no doubt but.............

24hr french petrol take credit cards, but only french ones, not english pig dog cards and no cash as far as i am aware.

This buggers me right up.

I reckon i can make it to Rouen on a tank from the boat, and then from Roeun to LM on a tank if i use cruise control and turn all power sapping appliances such as the a/c off, so my question is does anyone know of a manned 24hr petrol station in or near Rouen who would happily accept english cards or cash in exchange for fuel.

Anyone else know a way round this other than asking a french person to card it and pay them the cash as i reckon my chances of that happening in the wee hours are minimal.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 12:43:38 pm »

Petrol stations on the motorway take cash and are open all night.  Fuel up before Rouen though as it's a desert after that. 

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »

c'est magnifique  Grin

there is one before Rouen on the motorway then? just checked teh RAC routeplanner and there is a cup of tea sign just before and its just over a hundred miles so look to be OK.

Then its 130 miles to LM so should be OK

SIMONR
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 01:54:27 pm »

Anyone else know a way round this other than asking a french person to card it and pay them the cash as i reckon my chances of that happening in the wee hours are minimal.

The way round it for us is to fill up a load of petrol cans in the UK and hope for the best!

In the past we have left Le Mans on Sunday night, and then slept the night wherever the first car ran out of petrol! With a full tank, and about 15l in cans, we can make it up to the Rouen area.

Simon
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 02:25:03 pm »

c'est magnifique  Grin

there is one before Rouen on the motorway then? just checked teh RAC routeplanner and there is a cup of tea sign just before and its just over a hundred miles so look to be OK.

Then its 130 miles to LM so should be OK
Baye de la Somme is always open and I'm sure there's one after that - forget the name.  However, as you approach each service area, you'll see a distance in k's how far to the next one.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 02:50:01 pm »

Fuel up before Rouen though as it's a desert after that. 

Is there no fuel stop on the new bit of motorway? 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 02:55:18 pm »

NO

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: