Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 08:05:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: swimming pools  (Read 12214 times)
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 04:32:40 pm »

I think you have all missed a trick here why not just fill the pools with lager???

Bring on the low flyers
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 04:36:02 pm »

Now that is what i call lateral thinking, you could then add ice for a cooling effect

hmmm you would then have to drink the beer before it gets to watered down

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 04:38:58 pm »

Lets be honest it's probably safer than drinking the water. Anyway I dont care cause there no hosepipe ban in my backyard so i'll have a pool with water

Bring on the low flyers
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 04:42:41 pm »

We are not to worried as our residence has showers and baths a plenty but i can imagine the dissappointment of the people camping

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 04:58:06 pm »

I have to admit the last couple of years the pools have been a god send and I suspect rescued a few people from the effects of heat exhaustion and sun stroke but hey ho if theres no water then thats that i suppose

Bring on the low flyers
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 05:00:39 pm »

maybe thats the tack they should be taking "they are not for pleasure but for medicinal purposes"   Grin

Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 05:04:25 pm »

It's certainly worth a try  Grin Grin Grin

Bring on the low flyers
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 05:15:00 pm »

Angry Just surfed in here to see if the ban applies to swimmingpools only, or little paddling pools as well.... and it seems that even a tiny paddling pool is going to be a problem  Sad

I understand they don't want people wasting thousends of liters of water for just a few days cooling down in large temporary swimmingpools. But if you're allowed to take a bath indoors, why not take a bath outdoors?  Huh

Maybe I can use my paddling pool as a basis for the shower we have at DfH, then people can take lots of showers, and offcourse we will be way to lazy to throw the water away afterwards Grin

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 05:38:14 pm »

Hi ho Petra, hopefully the water police won't be turning down the pressure in the shower blocks - otherwise we'll all go back home stinking.  Hang on ........... no change there then!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 06:15:43 pm »

Water restrictions apply
In order to preserve the water reserves and apply the water restrictions currently in force, the use of temporary swimming pools will be forbidden during the week of the ’24 Heures du Mans’ on all of the sites and camping areas dedicated to the event. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
means.

If I read this correctly, the ban is only imposed on the grounds dedicated to the 24 hours of Le Mans, because otherwise they will not be able to stay within certain limits during the week of the 24 hours race. This is something I can understand, but then ofcourse a paddling pool should be no problem. Let's just hope it's going to work out so that small paddling pools intended for use by children are going to be allowed.

Please please please please please please  Lips Sealed

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: