Club Arnage
May 01, 2024, 08:28:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Sets Of Rules?  (Read 3155 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:04:23 pm »

Not being able to make the trip to Le Mans this year, gave me an unusual opportunity to actually observe what was going on during the race, as opposed to drinking myself into oblivion. I noted a couple of "inconsistencies" in the way that the rules were interepretted.
Example - the rules tacitly state that the car's chassis may not be replaced once qualifying has commenced. It would seem that this rule does not apply to French teams, who have a chance at a class win. The #76 IMSA Performance Porsche 911 GT3 was totalled after it had taken LMGT2 pole, but this was considered 'force majeure' (act of God) by the ACO and a new bodyshell was allowed. WTF? It wasn't an act of God, moreover
Similarly, several teams were given stop/go penalties for putting a wheel on the solid white line at pit-out. The Pescarolo's did it routinely and were not once called to book.
The 63 Corvette was stop/goed for driving too close to a flag marshall, who was standing on the track. The Luc Alpand C5 (French entry) actually clipped a marshall during the same incident but repreived, because the marshall didn't complain.
I'm I being over-picky here - or are the ACO a bunch of retard cheats?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 04:24:50 pm »

Quite right, also Welter use to get an quasi auto entry despite failing to finish the race for ages. There are more examples...

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:38:39 pm »

Le fix?

A ferrari can't run on glue
Fax
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:49:40 pm »

Nothing new here with the ACO, I remember back in '83 when the Mirage was thrown out of the race on race morning over a little ticky-tacky radiator placement issue. This being AFTER the car had passed scrutineering and been allowed to go through qualifying with no problems.  The ACO have always been bunch of A-holes when it comes to trying to engineer a French win.
Fax
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 05:20:17 pm »

Hey Matt, even the Speedtv commentators noticed this.  Two sets of rules indeed.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 05:24:19 pm »

They once black-balled a Morgan for "Looking old-fashioned" (not that I'd have complained, you understand)

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 12:01:24 pm »

They called it a force majure apparently and stated that the damage that was caused to the car wasnt their fault so thats why it could be replaced with a new chassis....

NOT THEIR FAULT?Huh

They crashed it, who else's fault is it!!!!!
bigredbus
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 01:53:50 pm »

The ACO did miss an opportunity to engineer a french win though. The #8 Audi did it's last lap in over 6 minutes which I think would have made it ineligible for classification under the new rules
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 01:56:23 pm »

The ACO did miss an opportunity to engineer a french win though. The #8 Audi did it's last lap in over 6 minutes which I think would have made it ineligible for classification under the new rules

I thought too. Something about 5 min lap ??

Lets see next year with ther french factory team of diesel pugs.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: