Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 02:55:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB Camping Pitch Markings  (Read 10688 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 09:16:12 pm »

Last year Bleu nord was marked out in pitches when I arrived 5am on wednesday morning.
Controllers were being very strict, even at this time of the morning, where you could camp, with threats to remove camping passes if you did not conform to requirements, ie next available space with no gaps to the previous arrival. You could not pick your spot in the field.
I had my ACO invoice with me to prove that I had 4 passes, and had a big arguement before they let me stake out x 4 space, had to threaten to get the ACO office involved.

I would suggest to be safe that the first arrival takes all the camping passes, so that you can prove you have paid for the space, even if this produces some hassles when later arrivals turn up.
I don't know how the scanning will work, but I would avoid them scanning tickets (if that's what they are doing) except for the one you are entering the site with.

Look forward to the early reports as to what's actually happening. Grin
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:19:14 pm by Barry » Logged
ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 09:21:20 pm »

Last year Bleu nord was marked out in pitches when I arrived 5am on wednesday morning.
Interesting: maybe when we arrived on Thursday, they were just re-inforcing the markings cos the fat controller had a car of spray paint and was happily spraying crosses on the floor to mark the edge of the pitch.
I had my ACO invoice with me to prove that I had 4 passes, and had a big arguement before they let me stake out x 4 space, had to threaten to get the ACO office involved.
Now that's not a bad idea: I'll take the invoice with me as well as the photocopy of all the passes. It's going to be too hard to get everyone's pass there for the first arrival (won't they want to scan the pass on entry to the field anyway?)
Look forward to the early reports as to what's actually happening. Grin
Indeed Smiley

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 09:26:25 pm »

It may be that when I arrived they had only marked the next section they wanted to fill, and not the whole field, I was to busy wondering whether my 18' flagpole would fit up the jobsworths ar*e Grin

I've arranged to meet Andy at the gate when he arrives, and can give him his camping permit then.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: