Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 06:59:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Le Mans Guide 2007: Your input is needed - New editorial team  (Read 115658 times)
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 03:44:57 pm »

How about, included in the camping section, a bit about etiquette on the camp sites.

Not so much "these are the rules", but some common sense do and don'ts to show consideration for your neighbours.

Not necessarily aimed at those already on CA but more for new comers that get told about the download.

It might help to stop the spread of offensive and bad behaviour, and make the whole camping experience pleasurable for everyone.

Obvious things about litter, vandalism, keeping an eye out for each other, etc.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 03:50:10 pm »

How about, included in the camping section, a bit about etiquette on the camp sites.

Not so much "these are the rules", but some common sense do and don'ts to show consideration for your neighbours.

Not necessarily aimed at those already on CA but more for new comers that get told about the download.

It might help to stop the spread of offensive and bad behaviour, and make the whole camping experience pleasurable for everyone.

Hi 135sport,

Good idea for the introductory part for the campsite description: Could you come up with a draft for a few lines about this topic?

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »

Hi 135sport,

Good idea for the introductory part for the campsite description: Could you come up with a draft for a few lines about this topic?

Cheers

Werner

Sure I'll have a go, and send it to you.

The last six years have been spent on Karting Nord, so I'll add anything I can think of specifically relating to that also.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 04:06:32 pm »

Andy

Don't forget the basic rule:  What goes on tour stays on tour.

Del

Or indeed stays down the lavatory (or at least near it...)  Sad Shocked

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 06:33:45 pm »

CA Guide Feedback

If you come across a web forum which has feedback on it, IE Porsche club of GB, 10/10ths could you let Werner and myself know so we can take account of it.

many thanks FS
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 07:23:33 pm »

Another idea would be to include a section on driving into Le Mans town centre for the parade, how to drive in and out, where to park, the best routes out for a quick exit etc.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 10:36:02 pm »

CA Guide Feedback

If you come across a web forum which has feedback on it, IE Porsche club of GB, 10/10ths could you let Werner and myself know so we can take account of it.

many thanks FS

I have requested this (via a friend) from the Aston Martin site

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 10:53:33 pm »

WERNER

I'll have a crack at adding a page or two of stuff

And wuill include details on CA mercahndise....... You never know.

I'' also send a return set of directions to Caen and CHerbourg after making a few mistakes this year.

What time period do you want them ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 10:59:58 pm »

WERNER

I'' also send a return set of directions to Caen and CHerbourg after making a few mistakes this year.

Thanks Robbo, somewhen until end of this year is OK

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 11:14:20 pm »

WERNER

Thanks Robbo, somewhen until end of this year is OK

Cheers

Werner

Merchandise info would be good, Saturday morning in the village, had people coming up to us wanting to know if we were selling the CA shirts, they were upset that each one is made to order!!
rcutler
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 11:24:38 pm »

Merchandise info would be good, Saturday morning in the village, had people coming up to us wanting to know if we were selling the CA shirts, they were upset that each one is made to order!!

I was asked several times where I got the shirt, Most people said that the Steve McQueen Logo on the back was excellent!
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 09:23:35 am »

FS

I have contacted valerie at jet systems to email/send info on the heli rides.. and also to try and wangle a bit of discount for next year Grin... will keep you informed Wink

Andy

* proto_le_mans_helico.jpg (29.29 KB, 200x134 - viewed 299 times.)

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 09:27:47 am »

Well done Mr FS on joining the editorial team.  Looks like this years guide will be bigger and better  Grin.

I'm not sure what I can add to it, but again I'm happy to proof read and hopefully might manage to read the last few chapters unlike this year!  The earlier we can get it sorted the better really.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 09:38:19 am »

The earlier we can get it sorted the better really.

Although I suspect you might have to hang fire a bit on some of the "how to get there" stuff as the tramway works could be doing anything by then! Undecided

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 10:52:42 am »

I found the guide to be at its most useful on the drive down and on the campsite; the foreword, history, war of the classes and regulations making a great read during the lazy afternoons in the sun with obligatory beer in hand! I think it will be a challenge to come up with something fresh each year so perhaps the history section could involve a ‘focus on’ one particular decade each year? I think the entrants list was excellent (particularly the incredibly good quality and up to date pictures!). However, I think this section along with the equally important schedule could be bettered. To reiterate on what a few others have said I think it would be particularly handy to condense these sections so they could be easily transported to the circuit. I was thinking along the lines of the guide being an A5 booklet and these important sections forming the central pages so they could be removed as and when. Adding a section on campsite etiquette is a fantastic idea! Just my opinion on some minor points. This year’s effort was tremendous; well done and good luck Werner and FS!

Finally I am quite happy to update the map and where to watch if they were found to be useful??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: