Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 09:40:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Classic Radio  (Read 7225 times)
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 03:04:35 pm »

yup its working now !!!!!
 Grin Grin Grin

been there done that doing it again !
delaney64

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 04:36:58 pm »

They've just admitted no actual race commentary.... Roll Eyes
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 08:02:35 pm »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy why dat?Huh?? just been looking thro the sky tv guide nothing on motors tv either wosgoinon?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh? Huh Huh Huh Cry

been there done that doing it again !
Truckosaurus
CA Veteran

Ahoy-hoy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 01:58:52 pm »

I forgot to take my small portable radio with me this weekend, but found out that Paul Truswell was providing the English commentary over the main tannoy at the circuit so it wasn't needed.  The 'RLM' service was ok for the little of it I listened to, but they didn't seem to be providing (much?) commentary of the track action.

Got to see the fragrent Ms Samos in person as she was eating in the same establishment on Saturday evening.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 02:13:54 pm »

Didn't think RLM was providing the service?  The info I had it was our chums at Autosport.
Truckosaurus
CA Veteran

Ahoy-hoy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 02:44:25 pm »

Didn't think RLM was providing the service?  The info I had it was our chums at Autosport.

Hence the use of "RLM" in quotes... Smiley 
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 02:56:51 pm »

Hence the use of "RLM" in quotes... Smiley 

and that 'means'  "means"? Huh
delaney64

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 03:14:49 pm »

If you had Paul Trusswell on the PA then you had a better service than the rest of us stuck at home.

The Fragrant Ms Samos - who does have a great voice - hadn't taken the time to work out how to pronounce anyone's names or the names of the cars. She was barely up to hosting the music bits. I don't care how easy on the ear (and the eye) she might be.

As to the rest, I thought Graham Tyler was his usual efficient self. Who was that other bloke?
No commentary - couldn't they have gone back to using spotters? and inexplicably off they air when they should have been on.   Why did they bother going - I assume Castrol was paying?!? judging by all the ads and what not.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 03:38:07 pm »

I assume Castrol was paying?!? judging by all the ads and what not.

I don't know who was talking on RLM at the time, but they displayed a surprising level of ignorance about Castrol.

First Commentator: I love the smell of Castro R...

Second Comm : Oh yes so do I. Does anyone still use it?

Fist Comm: Yes, sixty cars (plat 1) have just gone past you chucking it out the back. (smog haze and chip shop smell hangs heavy in the air)

Second Comm: Oh...

Twit!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Cobra Andy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 10:40:00 pm »

Motors TV were present during the weekend so hopefully something will be shown soon.
Rob LM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 02:02:29 pm »

The radio coverage was of the actual races was abysmal - although the interview pieces added a touch of colour. The trackside PA was far more informative - though nowhere near as funny as Holly trying to pronounce Nic Minassian  Smiley
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 02:23:07 pm »

If you had Paul Trusswell on the PA then you had a better service than the rest of us stuck at home.

The Fragrant Ms Samos - who does have a great voice - hadn't taken the time to work out how to pronounce anyone's names or the names of the cars. She was barely up to hosting the music bits. I don't care how easy on the ear (and the eye) she might be.

As to the rest, I thought Graham Tyler was his usual efficient self. Who was that other bloke?
No commentary - couldn't they have gone back to using spotters? and inexplicably off they air when they should have been on.   Why did they bother going - I assume Castrol was paying?!? judging by all the ads and what not.
"That other bloke" is a neighbour of mine.  Found him running round the paddock on several occasions, admitting he knew very little about some of the cars! Good eh? Roll Eyes

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: