Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 04:33:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How far can you get around the circuit  (Read 4905 times)
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2003, 02:31:37 pm »

How far can you walk around the circuit? The Autosport guide shows spectator areas from the Ford chicane to Tetre Rouge, plus the bits at Arnage and Mulsanne. But can you walk any further? My 2002 DVD shows tents by the Porsche curves etc., with no obvious barriers.

mdh-photography.co.uk
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 06:28:20 pm »

Friday you can walk the whole circuit.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 07:13:53 pm »

Hi - During the qualifying/race, you can:

Walk on the inside of the circuit from the Karting Nord campsite through to Tetre Rouge, although once past Karting nord, you can see nothing until you spit out of the other side of the pit village, and then you can walk up to Tetre Rouge with a few minor diversions.  

Walk on the inside of the circuit from Masion Blanche all the way (including the start/finish straight opposite the pits) up to just short of Tetre Rouge corner, where there is a pedestrian tunnel to get onto the inside of the circuit.  

Take your pick, but we normally walk up one side and back down the other.   Porshce curves is a separate spectator area in its own right, but is walkable from the Karting Nord or Maison Blanche.   Arnage and Mulsanne are separate
spectator areas best accessed by vehicle.

Enjoy and take comfortable walking shoes!

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 02:28:39 am »

Sounds good, I noticed there is a seperate area at the Porsche curves, but if you walk to it, is there a view of the track along the way?

Also, I've heard that it's best to get the bus to Arnage, but is it walkable? Or by taking a stealthy route through the fields and trees under cover of darkness? Cheesy

mdh-photography.co.uk
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 11:00:02 am »

Mike,
Arnage is definately worth a visit, although whether or not it's walkable depends on how good a walker you are. It's quite a hike, but as the weather was good last year, it was total gridlock on Saturday night, walking would have been quicker. Take some whiskey.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 11:26:06 am »

Mike,
Arnage is definately worth a visit, although whether or not it's walkable depends on how good a walker you are. It's quite a hike, but as the weather was good last year, it was total gridlock on Saturday night, walking would have been quicker. Take some whiskey.
H

Take a bike is best. Not much more than 10 mins from Maison Blanche.

Viewing at outside of Porsche curves is excellent. Access via public road - so no cars within sight along the way.

Don't mix whisky and bike, though. I did once, and ended up with a broken collar bone.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 11:27:41 am »

Maybe you should have just mixed the Whiskey with water or Ice?? How did you get the bike in the glass?? Or is that why H suggests taking the vaseline??  Grin
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2003, 03:20:03 pm »

Last time i went by coach i walked to  the hunuderies straight on the saturday, back to the coach at expo sunday morning. Then onto arnage and back for the finish.
When the coach stopped for a break that evening me and my brother had to help each other off it hurt so much. Well worth it though!!!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2003, 05:25:00 pm »

Last time i went by coach i walked to  the hunuderies straight on the saturday, back to the coach at expo sunday morning. Then onto arnage and back for the finish.
When the coach stopped for a break that evening me and my brother had to help each other off it hurt so much. Well worth it though!!!

Which straight is that? And how did you get there?

I like a good walk, so no problems there.

mdh-photography.co.uk
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 05:26:57 pm »

That's the French name for what we lovingly refer to as the Mulsanne Straight  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: