Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 08:30:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2007 - BA Flights sale  (Read 21694 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:46:57 am »

For anyone thinking of going to Sebring, BA have just started a flight sale. Miami, Tampa or Orlando "from £299" - which wouldn't be too bad a price (late bookings this year were over £400). I haven't looked thoroughly The weekday flights are mostly showing ay £150 each way and weekend are £165 (these include tax - approx £131).

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/septwoffers/public/en_gb?redirect=rd_septemberoffers

You can get another £10 off by signing up.

Book by 26 September.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:10:04 am »

Mr & Mrs Termite are seriously tempted.  Can anybody confirm the date please before we part with any euros?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 10:16:48 am »

Forget the above - had the amazing idea of looking at the Sebring website!  However, would apreciate anybody's views on how to do this, camp (how to take gear across the pond etc), stay in local hotel?  Is a grandstand seat worth the $200 price-tag etc. Ta.
Has anybody ever hired a camper to do this?  Would anybody be interested in sharing the cost of one with two ageing reprobates?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 11:22:40 am by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 02:15:02 pm »

I've checked it and can get £288 from Gatwick... just got to confirm dates with the boss.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 02:45:07 pm »

Forget the above - had the amazing idea of looking at the Sebring website!  However, would apreciate anybody's views on how to do this, camp (how to take gear across the pond etc), stay in local hotel?  Is a grandstand seat worth the $200 price-tag etc. Ta.
Has anybody ever hired a camper to do this?  Would anybody be interested in sharing the cost of one with two ageing reprobates?
Well, this year I went for the first time and I was helped by the American friends from Turn 10 with camping gear. Saves money and trouble. Don't consider a hotel, you want to be right in the middle of this one. Forget about the grandstand tickets as well. The view is great everywhere you go.
A word of advice: download the fan guide on the track's website, it's full of useful info. And you might want to consider registering at Sebringfans.com, although the forum will be picking up around January. It's very quiet during the rest of the year.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 08:13:46 pm »

You make the plans,and your gear will be taken care of.We have tents, air mattresses,cooler etc..You are welcome to stay in Turn 10,or you can use my gear to stay anywhere you would like.Most of the Brits prefer to stay with one of the nicest people I have ever met "Pidge",but you will need to contact him.His campsite is ALOT closer to the paddock and Midway.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 10:29:27 pm »

You make the plans,and your gear will be taken care of.We have tents, air mattresses,cooler etc..You are welcome to stay in Turn 10,or you can use my gear to stay anywhere you would like.Most of the Brits prefer to stay with one of the nicest people I have ever met "Pidge",but you will need to contact him.His campsite is ALOT closer to the paddock and Midway.
Woh, this is so kind of you.  We'll book the flight and take it from there.  Coo, roll on March Grin.  Can reciprocate if ever you're here in the Sarthe!

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 11:07:25 pm »

You cluld have done that this year termie, but DfH already did the honours. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 02:23:34 am »

That they did what a time. Grin Sorry I missed meeting you and the misses.Maybe again in upcoming years,I am sure I will be back.

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 09:28:09 am »

That they did what a time. Grin Sorry I missed meeting you and the misses.Maybe again in upcoming years,I am sure I will be back.
Actually me and the mister.  See you in March.

amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 02:47:27 pm »

Actually me and the mister.  See you in March.

Sorry.
Weare looking forward to meeting you.

ps check it out we have the same post count!  500 posts

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 06:39:27 pm »

Yeah "b*gger me" we're Gods now.  Is this good or does it make us saddos?  In my case maybe it's 'cos I don't have to earn a living these days (well that's my excuse.)

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 11:15:26 am »

Thanks for all the usual CA help and generosity guys, we have booked our flight!  Have also hired a car from Orlando airport on  13th of March, staying at Lake Hamilton that night.  Going back to Orlando on the Sunday to stay the night and flying back the next day.  Any Brits coming who'd like a lift, please me know.
Wahay! Grin
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 12:40:48 pm by termietermite » Logged

chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 12:28:19 pm »

See you there!  Wish I could offer help other than advice, but this is a flyaway race for me, too.   I hope the TSA doesn't ban tents or sleeping bags in the next few months.  Roll Eyes

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 12:43:56 am »

Which is the best airport to fly to Miami or Orlando?
I'm considering the trip in 2007 and could possibly use it as an excuse to recce Orlando for when the kids are a bit older!
I'd need to fly via Amsterdam or Paris as I have some "airmiles" to use for air France/KLM.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: