Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 05:18:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cai bet no one can answer my question?  (Read 18439 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 09:35:49 pm »

NEW ZEALAND

Why EnZed Peter??

Winsford is in either Cheshire or Somerset - which one Viper fan??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
viper900dodge

who sed a viper cannot handle!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 09:38:02 pm »

cheshire i am thirteen from winsford i do karting at tarporley and i have never been to le mans but going in 2 years

the viper won GT2 class at le man's in 1998!!!! beat that people who say vipers only go in a straight lines
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 10:32:45 pm »

cheshire i am thirteen from winsford i do karting at tarporley and i have never been to le mans but going in 2 years

Hi Viper fan

Small world - I lived for 10 years in Swanlow Park, and spent many an hour (and lots of money) in the Plough at Whitegate, but you're too young to know where that is, aren't you   Wink Wink

Anyway, welcome to CA, and we should arrange to meet up in 2008.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 11:36:53 pm »

thanks mate!!!!! now i have proof dodge vipers can race!!!!
There were a couple of Vipers at Gurston Down the other weekend.  Lovely cars, blue with white stripes.  His and hers number plates, and one had a towbar - to carry a trailer full of slicks.  The engine looks tiny for 8 litres.

Not too quick I'm afraid.  I think the Morris Minor was quicker.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 06:21:53 pm »

del boy my stepdad george westlake

You mean Del Boy isnt his real name?!!  Shocked
Fax
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05:43 pm »

Viper Guy,
No overall wins at the Sarthe for the snake, but as mentioned on another thread, one of the ORECA Vipers won the 2000 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. Very memorable race largely because it was so damn cold at night Dave H and I were convinced it was going to fricking snow by morning.
If you want a souvenir from the Viper's finest hour, I'll send you the program from the 2000 Rolex 24.  Just PM me with your address.
Fax
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 08:11:51 pm by Fax » Logged
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 11:31:52 pm »

If you want a souvenir from the Viper's finest hour, I'll send you the program from the 2000 Rolex 24.  Just PM me with your address.
Fax

Nice touch John - I've kinda been metaphorically biting my tongue (and I do not expect I'm alone on this one) since the emergence of this enthusiastic, but semi-literate Dodgemeister. I even thought of suggesting to the nipper that he start sending private messages about his love for the marque to A Zarse. How sweet would that be?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
viper900dodge

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 11:33:41 pm »

fax i have sent u my address

the viper won GT2 class at le man's in 1998!!!! beat that people who say vipers only go in a straight lines
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 11:34:50 am »

Viperboy, welcome to Club Arnage, don't worry we all had to start somewhere.

It's true to say that I have no great love or admiration for the road going Viper/SRT10, frankly the joke wore off years ago. It's about as subtle as a sladgehammer and I would hope as you get older you'll learn to admire and be passionate about true engineering brilliance and design, rather than be a fan of slightly childish brute force and ignorance.

Please don't listen to Matt Harper, he's a very naughty man. He's also a purist when it comes to American muscle cars and consequently gets very narked when I make a little subjective criticism of them. Admittedly, I can see why the purists might get annoyed by this, but since purists (in any field) have never achieved anything other than to get on the nerves of those of us with a sense of perspective, I can't bring myself to particularly care.

The Viper race car was another matter altogether however, as it had really very little in common with the road going version. It was pretty sucessful too and I recall it being brilliantly driven at Le Mans by Justin (son of Derek) Bell. But the comments on here from people like Fax and Dave H are absolutely correct, it was completely outclassed as a competitive racecar years ago and if you want to see one at Le Mans you'll have to wait until you're about 35 and it's eligible for the Le Mans Classic.

Finally, hope you learn something from all the nonsense and teasing of and by fellow members of Club Arnage, but you'd do well to try and stop using silly TXT SPK on here. You've got the whole English language to go at, learn to use it and it's a wonderful tool that will stand you in good stead for your whole life.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
viper900dodge

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 11:44:46 am »

well to be honest i like the dbr9 as much as the viper but if you look at the argos magizine they have a le mans set which includes two vipers which i find weird.

the new viper is not outclassed it is just that dodge wont race it factory prepared. its all privateers who own it which is stupid.

viper boy

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 12:09:56 pm »

well to be honest i like the dbr9 as much as the viper but if you look at the argos magizine they have a le mans set which includes two vipers which i find weird.

the new viper is not outclassed it is just that dodge wont race it factory prepared. its all privateers who own it which is stupid.

viper boy

The Argos catalogue? Ah yes, the little laminated book of dreams...

Points very well made VB, but my own feeling is that Daimler-Chrysler won't race it because under the skin the so-called "new" Viper is actually little different to the ten years old original car. That in itself was never a great technological masterpiece. No matter how much money they throw at it, I think Chrysler management know it just wouldn't be competitive against the C6 Vette and DBR9 which are absolutely light years ahead in technology and design. It's days are over, it remains a 90's icon and I suggest you remember it warmly as such, rather than hoping against hope that it makes a return.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 12:17:57 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
viper900dodge

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 12:15:47 pm »

well i like the old gts more than the new one

but i guess if i want to see one racing they have meetings at tracks at britain so i will take ur advice and not get my hopes up for one a le mans   Sad
(by the way the viper is so so much better than the corvette .but i guess its no match for the dbr9's when they dont break down  laugh)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 03:42:29 pm by viper900dodge » Logged

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 12:45:06 am »

Fax etc, strike me down if I'm wrong (or was feeling worse the wear for falling over water), but I recall a Viper running in GT1 at Sebring in 2005.

Arhh yes, it's all coming back to me, JPC got a hand full of carbon fibre splinters trying to throw a scrap panel from the car over the pit lane fence  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

viper900dodge

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 05:38:39 pm »

what happend to it!!!

Fax
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 06:05:06 pm »

The CA guys ran onto the track fours hours into the race, stopped the car and threw the driver out, hijacked the car, drove it to turn 10, and cut it up in little peices to take home with them.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: