Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 01:41:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katherine Legge Is One Lucky Lady, British Champ Car driver walks away from 180  (Read 14762 times)
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 02:55:12 pm »

As a side comment I think it was Katherine who flipped her F3 car at Rockingham the last year that F3 went there using the chicane (which tended to launch them if they got it wrong) - so poss 2002 or 3?   

She flipped the car end over end and it came down on it's gearbox.  She hadn't been in a car that long IIRC and was pretty cool about that - it looked scary as f**k from the pictures  Shocked

You're correct.  There's video on youtube.com, though I don't have time to look it up right now because I'm packing for...uh...nevermind.  Wink

And Ms. Piglet - my pride went the way of the dinosaur a long time ago.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Big_M

I am a gay man trapped in a women's body

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 09:57:37 pm »

As a side comment I think it was Katherine who flipped her F3 car at Rockingham the last year that F3 went there using the chicane (which tended to launch them if they got it wrong) - so poss 2002 or 3?   

She flipped the car end over end and it came down on it's gearbox.  She hadn't been in a car that long IIRC and was pretty cool about that - it looked scary as f**k from the pictures  Shocked

Gosh yes - well remembered.  I was there for that race - think it was 2003 - as we were supporting the Tuscans who were one of the support races.  I was sitting in the grandstand by the chicane when it happened.

We were in France watching the TV in our hotel room and saw the crash live on Eurosport.  I was certain that she was dead - especially when they transported all the car parts in covers.  It was so frustrating as my French is very basic and we couldn't work out what was happening.  I had to wait until we got home and read CA to find out the outcome.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 05:05:08 am »

Well, as long as we're [sort of] talking about the Champ Car race at Road America, here's our completed project from the weekend.

And yes, Piglet - we used mastic.  Grin

Hi Chop,
              Impressive. Twin peaks in thre colours top marks for artistic impression.
Canada Phil
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 08:06:14 pm »

Jeez that's the first time I've managed to see the clip, it's incredible that she walked away virtually uninjured  Shocked

Chop - don't tell me someone had to drink coke to get those clear bottles  Grin
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 11:58:10 am »

No,  not Coke.  It was Miller High Life which is considerably more disgusting.  Grin  If given my choice, the clear bottles would have been Newcastle, but I wasn't in charge of that phase of the engineering.

Here's a more artistic shot:

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 01:58:01 pm »

Hi Chop, another even more impressive Bottle structure, but how long did it take to build? did you actually manage to see any racing?
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 02:06:08 pm »

It was started Friday afternoon and finished Saturday evening.  We had a fairly large group so we didn't have to hurt ourselves too badly to finish it.  The weather was crap, so a good portion of Saturday was spent standing under canopies and "working".  Wink

I actually did see a good bit of racing, all things considered.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 02:48:23 pm »

Top Job.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 08:45:37 pm »

Top bottles should have been Smirnoff vodka  Grin Grin

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 09:16:13 pm »

Top beermountain. One hell of a challenge to beat that

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 09:31:11 pm »

No,  not Coke.  It was Miller High Life which is considerably more disgusting.  Grin  If given my choice, the clear bottles would have been Newcastle, but I wasn't in charge of that phase of the engineering.

Chop - instead of swanning around drinking disgusting alcoholic beverages, you could have packed and sent my lighter back to me - my other one has just run out of gas  Cry Cry Cry

I suppose, though,  I am going to have to wait till June next year to get it back

Grin Grin

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 09:32:23 pm »

Top beermountain. One hell of a challenge to beat that

Is that a challenge for next June   Grin

Gentlemen I give you....the Club Arnage Beermountain challenge  Grin

I get to set the rules so mastic is banned  Grin
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 11:09:02 pm »

i'll get chewing on the chewing gum then Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 09:07:28 am »

Chop - instead of swanning around drinking disgusting alcoholic beverages, you could have packed and sent my lighter back to me - my other one has just run out of gas  Cry Cry Cry

I suppose, though,  I am going to have to wait till June next year to get it back

Grin Grin

Del

I returned your lighter to your tent on Saturday morning after walking away with it Friday night.  You weren't around, so I left it in a bowl atop a table inside your tent.  When I saw you Saturday afternoon, you told me you'd found it.  I know we discussed this, but certain conditions might have made for less than perfect recall.   Wink

I won't be back next year, but am shooting for 2010 as are a bunch of my cohorts and fellow thieves.  Grin

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 09:32:13 pm »

I returned your lighter to your tent on Saturday morning after walking away with it Friday night.  You weren't around, so I left it in a bowl atop a table inside your tent.  When I saw you Saturday afternoon, you told me you'd found it.  I know we discussed this, but certain conditions might have made for less than perfect recall.   Wink

I won't be back next year, but am shooting for 2010 as are a bunch of my cohorts and fellow thieves.  Grin

Only joking, Chop.  I'm not getting fractious about a 15 pence lighter.  It is just that I have only recently seen your 'signature' on your postings.  And yes, by saturday afternoon, I was probably well into the JPC (the wine, not the person), so no problem.

Pity you can't make it back to the Sarthe before 2010 - save up those quarters and dimes, and you could get back again before that.  Nice to have met you and your 'crew'.  See you again sometime.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: