Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 07:59:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News from the Centre of the Universe  (Read 59558 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2007, 12:12:46 pm »

I've looked back on the site and it's still saying that the stadium will be ready by Jan '09, which does not bode well for H/A.  However, I suspect this is an update problem, as last time I looked there was no sign of any work going on and as I said, I had heard that there was a delay.  We'll have a decco next weekend when we try the tramway out.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2007, 11:13:40 pm »

Looking at the official ACO ticketing and planning form on the other thread, as hard as I keep looking I cannot see any or much difference on the plan for HA. No apparent changes yet I think. and long may it be so...

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/calendrier/pdf/24h2008_plaquette_billetterie.pdf

CAn anyone else see owt that I'm missing. To me "Home On The Range" is looking reasonable so far.

The verdant pastures etcetera ecetera... Smiley

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
nickliv
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2007, 11:30:00 pm »

Perd

Sorry to dissapoint, but HA will only be half as big as previously. From the roundabout out to tertre rouge isn't showing on the plan as a campsite for mext year.

Desole'
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2007, 09:30:39 pm »

I see what you are saying but it is still showing as grass and trackways. I (optimism switched on here) think we'll get at least next year out of  them...
 Sad

Bloomin' hope so, at least.

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
nickliv
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2007, 11:25:36 pm »

Ah, I forgot about the good old optimism mode.

And the French reputation for organisation and adherence to deadlines. (The origin of the gallic shrug I believe) Wink

Fingers crossed indeed.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2007, 08:44:34 pm »

Lots of JCBs digging up bits of Houx Annexe today.  I reckon it will be a bit smaller next year.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2007, 02:09:56 pm »

And what have they done to Maison Blanche?  21 years on the trot and we've been bounced out.  Apparently there's loads more tarmac for the test track - it looks like the circuit comes through MB now, and an enormous gravel trap.

Anyone know anymore?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2007, 04:47:57 pm »

I have it on very good authority that HA will actually now be "full size", despite the plans..enjoy it one last time in its full scale.  Wink

I have a feeling MB will be a fair bit smaller though.. Undecided

Happy Xmas to all at CA from BM, with a ying and a yang and a zippedy doo.

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2007, 05:24:11 pm »

Hi Termie,

any pics of the new welcome area at the end of the pits? Wink

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2007, 05:50:40 pm »

New pics
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/actu/2007-12-24_NC_2507_fr.html

rcutler
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2007, 05:53:42 pm »

What the hell has happened to MB, looks like the banking and trees have gone where we have been camping for years! Bet there will be no grass either!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2007, 07:07:32 pm »

This bit gives details of the Garage Vert mods http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/actu/2007-12-24_NC_2506_fr.html

Mr Babel gives a stab at it thus -
"From November 2007 at at the end of February 2008, the layout of the circuit Bugatti U level of the turn of the Garage-green will be the subject of important work. The objective being to always better answer the safety requirements imposed by the International Federation Motorcylcist, this turn neither more nor will be moved less to be able to offer a broad release on the left side of the track. That amounts entirely shifting the entry of the turn, the loop and the exit towards the line of a score of meters. Financed by the Mixed Trade union of the 24 Hour old circuit of Mans, owner of the circuit, at the request of the ACO, at a total cost of 4,8 million euros, this work will have the originality to preserve at identical the drawing out of U so particular of this turn. 750 m of track thus "will move" towards the east, and the linear length of the layout of the Bugatti circuit will be slightly changed. In against part, this zone of the circuit will pass to 12 m broad, and the entry of the turn will profit from a bituminous mix extra width from 5 m, including 2 m covered of synthetic grass, and 15 m gravel vat. In the curve, the external gravel vat will pass from 52,50 m to 75 m, with 20 m of release out of bituminous mix. In addition, this new Garage-green falls under a total project of creation, side is Bugatti circuit, of a new entry éponyme, with some steps of the terminus of the tram. The spectators will be able to thus come directly to the entry from the circuit by public transport. An access for the people to reduced mobility is envisaged, as well as the possibility of establishment of a provisional platform of more than 2 000 places, and the startup of a new tunnel which will make it possible to pass under the track to go up to the Dunlop footbridge via the two already existing tunnels."

Steve East Anglian cobras

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2007, 12:46:45 am »

This bit gives details of the Garage Vert mods http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/actu/2007-12-24_NC_2506_fr.html

Mr Babel gives a stab at it thus -
"From November 2007 at at the end of February 2008, the layout of the circuit Bugatti U level of the turn of the Garage-green will be the subject of important work. The objective being to always better answer the safety requirements imposed by the International Federation Motorcylcist, this turn neither more nor will be moved less to be able to offer a broad release on the left side of the track. That amounts entirely shifting the entry of the turn, the loop and the exit towards the line of a score of meters. Financed by the Mixed Trade union of the 24 Hour old circuit of Mans, owner of the circuit, at the request of the ACO, at a total cost of 4,8 million euros, this work will have the originality to preserve at identical the drawing out of U so particular of this turn. 750 m of track thus "will move" towards the east, and the linear length of the layout of the Bugatti circuit will be slightly changed. In against part, this zone of the circuit will pass to 12 m broad, and the entry of the turn will profit from a bituminous mix extra width from 5 m, including 2 m covered of synthetic grass, and 15 m gravel vat. In the curve, the external gravel vat will pass from 52,50 m to 75 m, with 20 m of release out of bituminous mix. In addition, this new Garage-green falls under a total project of creation, side is Bugatti circuit, of a new entry éponyme, with some steps of the terminus of the tram. The spectators will be able to thus come directly to the entry from the circuit by public transport. An access for the people to reduced mobility is envisaged, as well as the possibility of establishment of a provisional platform of more than 2 000 places, and the startup of a new tunnel which will make it possible to pass under the track to go up to the Dunlop footbridge via the two already existing tunnels."

Gobbledebuke, not as good as NuLab though. But it aint far short.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2007, 12:15:59 pm »

Mmm, looks like wellies and hard hats required for June, what have they done to MB. Angry

* mb.jpg (76.64 KB, 450x299 - viewed 282 times.)

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2007, 03:34:28 pm »

Try this..thanks to BM for the link....

http://lemans.org/sport/sport/dossiers/travaux_2006_2007/liste.php?dir=photos

Did I just say that out loud?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: