Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 04:20:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STILL SUFFERING COLD TURKEY AFTER 2 YEARS  (Read 4950 times)
HOOKED146

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:24:04 am »

About 40 years ago I saw a GT40 in a local Ford garage.  After 40 odd years of yearning managed to get to LM 2003 and just about got to 2004.  Due to personal circumstances have not been since and probably will not get there this year.  It is forums like this that help me through those 2 weeks in june, + last year the motors tv coverage in the uk.  I would also like to give my thanks to radio lm and all the people who post video to youtube, google etc.  I have only just found CA but will be back regularly.  It is so good to read the outpourings of fellow lunatics.   Keep up the good work
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 10:14:18 am »

Thank you and welcome to our little corner of Le Mans cyberspace.

Steve East Anglian cobras

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 11:05:39 am »

Yup, plenty of lunatics here..  Welcome, Hooked.  I suffered withdrawal symptoms so badly between races that I moved here... now I can drive up and down the N138 (sorry, D338 Sad) whenever I want to, and dream of June.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
HOOKED146

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:12:53 pm »

???Thanks for reply.  I am trying to persuade my partner to move, probably Aude or Languedoc.  Still a long way but all by road.  It wont be this year, maybe next, hope springs eternal.  If I make it I will be in the BRG TR2 on whatever N or D, give me a flash or a wave. 
I am trying to convince her that Le Mans is the French equivalent of Bluewater, not that I have been to Bluewater.  Does the LM Carrefour measure up.
I will take some time next weekend to have a good look round CA site.  Once again thanks
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:50:41 pm »

Hi Hooked146, and welcome to the madhouse of CA.

What you say brings back fond memories - I had a TR2 (not BRG though).  Modded it slightly with short doors and TR3a front apron.  Many of my mates also had similar motors, and I spent many an hour trying to extract the 'removeable' wet liners.  Eventually dismantled it after being hit badly by some twat, and went on to an XK150 DHC.

I've never been to Bluewater either, but I have not found anything that Carrefour cannot provide - and I have been going to LM for more years than I would like to admit, but as a clue, I did see the GT40s running before they won!!

Get you act together, and make the trip again asap, even if you have to bring SWMBO.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:36:59 am »

If Carrefour doesn't measure up, there are two or three huge shopping estates (the ZI Nord and Sud) - plus the centre of Le Mans of course with lots of shops full of stuff you can't get in the UK.  Also, take her to "Vieux Mans" (the Old Town) - a real delight and full of great restaurants where you can play "spot the driver" while she enjoys the nosh.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 10:06:33 pm »

If you can't persaude her of the delights of the Le Mans experience, it sounds like an ideal scenario for going with some friends, staying somehwere a little away from the circuit - girls go shopping, boys watch racing  Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 11:19:10 pm »

I always found "its not a matter of whether I go, its a matter of whether I come back" seems to work, but it can be a bit risky.  I've only had the locks chaged once in 22 years.

If you don't go you'll only live to regret it.  And its not a lot more difficult than going to Bluewater (whatever that may be)

Go on go on go on go on go on

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 12:24:33 am »

You really have to...

I first went in '03, saw the Bentley Boys own the dream and have been unable to miss it ever since.

Spending recklessly the remains of my pension lump (very small remains too!) to ensure my annual return.

When there's nowt left I'll have to sell up here and move to the Loire, taking the Midget though too.

as Lorry says:

and pop in and see us on Houx Annexe and I'll spring you a cool one!

bill

Cool

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 12:36:09 am »

Don't worry when the pensions gone we will always get you there Bill. I still owe you one for rescuing me from your mate when he tried to bounce me off the plot that you had been saving for me anyway.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 10:20:09 am »

On the subject of somewhere away from the circuit which is suitable for none petrol head o/h's see
http://www.chateau-de-chanteloup.com/
Lots of good facilities (pool etc) and I believe, good nosh.  I have friends who have stayed here a couple of times.  Teams often stay there too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: