Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 06:19:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring - it looks like they're having a great time...  (Read 46972 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 06:38:58 pm »

I'm glad not to disappoint Del  Grin

It's beautifully warm here,almost tropical....

(...inside with the heating on  Grin )
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 06:43:33 pm »

Whoooo hooo (again!) we got a mention on Globecast!

Hindy mentioned Flying Lizard Racing, Team JPC, Drinking for Holland and Club Arnage on their coverage - they all said "hello" to the rest of us left behind!   Grin
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 06:46:51 pm »

nice Cheesy
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 11:33:32 pm »

gonna have to do this race one year, shocking weather before though.... at least it turned out nice again!

Just feels like its missing something with the AMR boys.

Roll on June Smiley
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 12:19:54 am »

Hindy mentioned Flying Lizard Racing, Team JPC, Drinking for Holland and Club Arnage on their coverage - they all said "hello" to the rest of us left behind!   Grin

Didn't hear the mentions of CA etc. on Globecast earlier but still good to just listen and hear Hindhaugh et. al. Makes June seem just a little bit closer.... Now just off to pour another glass of wine and settle down to listen to the end of the race.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 10:46:56 am »

I hope our CA brethren over the otherside of the pond were not too pissed come the last lap, otherwise they will have missed quite possibly the most exciting end to the GT2 race ever. Melo and Bergmeister door to door round turn 17.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 01:20:23 pm »

Didn't hear the mentions of CA etc. on Globecast earlier but still good to just listen and hear Hindhaugh et. al. Makes June seem just a little bit closer.... Now just off to pour another glass of wine and settle down to listen to the end of the race.

I realised that I've typed Flying Lizard Racing when what I think I meant was Team Impala - sorry, slightly too much Stella was consumed  Grin
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 03:55:57 pm »

What a finish.  I literally came up off the couch when Bergie passed Melo just before turn 17.  Bergie had position and Melo bumped him and it wasn't unavoidable contact.  NASCAR has invaded our sport.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 05:32:27 pm »

I got home from the track at about 2.00am this morning. I think it is safe to say that a jolly good time was had by one and all. Despite some inclement weather on Thursday/Friday, which caused some tent aviating, flooding and the (could-have-been) catastrophic collapse of the Turn Ten "Grandstand" - everyone was in good shape, by the time I arrived at Hendrick Field, at about 8.30am Saturday. Well I say everyone..... apparently Mark Every (JPC) had been singing again and was still in his pit, according to Steve Brown, recovering from yet another rousing performance of 'Mustang Sally'.
It was great to see the familiar faces at Pigeon's Breakfast ('Santa' Phil, Pidge, Steve, Gab, Gab's brother, Smokey, Bob U and Chris). I figured the race was going to start at 10.00am sharp, but was laughed-at and scorned. So I was still standing in the detritis of Camp Pigeon, enjoying my breakfast (4 cans of Nigerian Lager - well, it was St Paddy's) when the grid howled away, at, erm, 10 o' the clock.
I had my manservant/son-in-law, Seth in tow, to take care of coolbox dragging and driving duties, and this allowed me to waft around the spectator enclosures with grace and ease. We spent a couple of hours at the hairpin, before the inevitable trudge to Turn 10 (Abandon hope, all ye who enter here). The place had a very orange feel to it. After courting favor of presence to Turn 10 head-honcho, the venerable Jupiter John, who is one of the nicest guys I ever met, who should pop-up off the sofa, but old baldy himself, Andrew Zarse! He was clearly tired of the "What the f*ck are you doing here?" greeting - and had clearly partaken of an alcoholic breakfast himself, but it was a special surprise that he had made it after all.
I think I bumped-into just about everyone on the forum, who made the trip - it was a pleasure to meet them for the first time - or to renew past acquaintences.
The weather stayed fine, I didn't quite run out of beer, though had to rely on my cache of 'Safety Bud' towards the end and I didn't incur the wrath of 'er indoors for coming home burned to a crisp as I usually do.
I want to say a special thankyou to The Amazing Randy Prewett - who makes all of us so welcome, in his role of Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Turn 10/Team Impala. And thanks again to Jupiter John and Lee Self for the hospitality and friendship. Also a special mention has to go to Paddy Slabberkoorn and his orange army - JLU's all of 'em! I am fearful of another jumbo boozing session tonight, as a farewell until June - it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.
What a great weekend - and to all of you's who couldn't make it (US based or from Europe), we missed you, had a few beers in your honour - and will hopefully see you in Florida next year (or maybe in Georgia for the Petit Le Mans, later this year).
Matt

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2007, 12:16:08 am »

Glad you made it home safe and sound.  Thanks for the report, surely wish that I could have been there.  We are expecting grandbaby #2 any day now so it would have been a bit risky to try and I would have certainly caught hell from the family if I had missed the birth.  and she didn't have the baby this weekend, so there...
Anyway, I will be in Houston on April 20th so if any one is down that way, let me know, otherwise I guess I'll be the only CAer there.  Petite may be a possibility, just don't know yet.  Stay tuned....
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2007, 10:30:07 am »

Thanks for the update, it sounds like it's been a ball.

Can't wait for the pictures and video  Grin
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2007, 04:13:48 pm »

Oh my god, what a week...

It's really nice to see that shot of the scaffolding. Because in the storm on thursday it came down!

first lightning, then HAIL, then I said to the dutch "y'now what usually happens next? a tornado"
then we had 60 mph winds for about 45 minutes...

You should have seen Sponge Bob on top of the Party barge just up the track from T10. He was laid out backwards riding the storm out. I was just like a Stevie Ray Vaughn video where he plays in the driving rain. When the wind and water stopped the scaffolding had been lifted off of its supports and went over backwards. needless to say when we put it back up for raceday it had a few less banners on it, no tarps for shade and all 3 flagpoles had been snapped like twigs...

Saw the Audi wreck, awsome. I got a big piece and brought it home, you see I'm making a racecar...

the race was good, really good.  Congrats to the Acura guys, they really did there homework.

I get my slides back this afternoon at 5:00. We'll see what I got

Cheers to all, what a great crowd we had HUP HOLLAND. Keep Drinking!
And as a full member of Club Arnage, we were very well represented.

When you see No Panic, ask to see the head of my Golf Club which he snapped off
at the Driving Range Sunday Morning...

-Lee

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 08:06:04 pm »

severe lack of CA banner noted police not that I'm jealous or anything angel

As last year I took two 7 foot banners, one for T10 one for Pidge, I think this shot was a bit early.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2007, 08:21:27 pm »

you are absolutely right there Martini,

the shot was taken to early, we were still putting all the stuff on the scaffold, of course by the time you guys got to see it, the storm had blown most of it away. However the CA banner you made was salvaged and is probably hanging in Micarr's warehouse right know.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 09:57:23 pm »

You've seen the "before" now here's  the "after"

but, Don't Panic

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: