Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 04:48:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Le Mans 2007  (Read 28358 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2007, 05:36:36 pm »

Oh yes, one final, final thing.  Are you absolutely sure you had a respresentative sample when asking about the number or name thing?  Surely without a programme to hand it is easier for the spectator to spot a number on a the side of a car than a driver's name.  (Sorry my market research background has started to come to the fore.  I will go now)

I appreciate a little more than just the number, my poor old brain cells have trouble memorizing a list of 55 entrants, especially with the weeks alcohol consumption having it's effect. Smiley
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2007, 05:38:59 pm »

I always have a notebook and pen and write down the numbers then look them up again afterwards.  We Saga types need to be resourceful to compensate for memory loss.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2007, 05:42:25 pm »

I always have a notebook and pen and write down the numbers then look them up again afterwards.  We Saga types need to be resourceful to compensate for memory loss.

Trouble is I'd lose the notebook.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2007, 05:46:24 pm »

You can get a little basket to go on the front of your zimmer frame Barry and keep your notebook, several pairs of spectacles (and a selection of dust covered boiled sweets) in there .
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2007, 05:48:52 pm »

You can get a little basket to go on the front of your zimmer frame Barry and keep your notebook, several pairs of spectacles (and a selection of dust covered boiled sweets) in there .

You mean you've found my zimmer frame? Wink
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

You mean you've found my zimmer frame? Wink

Cheeky!!!  I assumed that was why you had to move to MB, cos you arent up to the walk from Bleu!!! 

Cool

On that note, its Friday 5 pm and I am off to the pub!

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2007, 06:26:54 pm »

.......... but I do find it difficult to get nice T-Shirts at Le Mans or even a nice sweatshirt or similar.......

Polite cough......see http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6502.msg85169#msg85169

Del

I thought they were sold out!  Wasn't alert earlier enough in the year!  Have several from previous years.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2007, 09:18:48 pm »

Many thanks for your response John.

First class job as always.

Here's a link to the RLM website - http://www.radiolemans.com/

Steve East Anglian cobras

htbast
CA Veteran

Well done 'Shorty'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2007, 12:04:53 pm »

For me, the weekend would not be the same without RLM. It is what makes the event special. A big thank you to all who are involved.

On the subject of race bullitins, I am not going to try and tell the radio professionals how to do thier job, but I would just ask that when you start a rundown, you finish it.  Nothing more fustrating than waiting to hear about your lower order team, and realising after 10 minutes that the presenters are not going to return to the rundown.

RLM is a great effort. I will be clicking the sponsors adverts as soon as they appear.

HTB!
badgered1
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2007, 01:25:30 pm »

I enjoyed listening to RLM when I attended in 2004 and the only problem I had was when the cars went by it got difficult to hear my own radio (must get earphones). Now I listen to it all week long on the web while I am at work (during ALMS/ 24 LM).  I feel as if my shop is just down the road and after work I can drive to the circuit and party with DFM/ CA. I love it especially during qualifying! I miss Holly though. Cry

Sew on and sew forth.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2007, 02:24:51 pm »

OK my contribution...

Firstly, Hello Hindy - that's for coming to contribute, it is very much appreciated.

I possibly fall into a different category to a lot of you guys.  Given my usual role at race meetings I'm quite used to not knowing what is going on out on track and it doesn't really bother me.  I LOVE RLM and I especially love the banter and the chatting which is probably the stuff that pisses off the more "academic" race fans (I mean that nicely!).   

I do like to hear an update though and I like to know when I can hear it so if I've been away from the radio I can tune to to catch up - I do like to hear about the whole field so that I know where some of the "also rans" who I often know are running. 

I like the service as it is but then I'm a Radio 2 listener and I like the chat and the banter and the atmosphere stuff.

You guys do a fab job and we'd be lost without you (anyone ever done the Spa 24?  The commentator is very excitable but you'd be pushed to know what is going on (changed now as I think Addison does some updates))

Can we sponsor RLM in anyway?  Personally the service means so much to me, that I'd happily contribute and I'm sure that lots of other people would too.  Clearly we can click the sponsors ads but perhaps there is some scope for something a little more direct?

Guys - can we add anything about the sponsors links to the CA Guide?  Perhaps in the content of the guide and/or on the download page?    I think we're heading for a huge audience for the Guide and might be able to help a little. 

One last point - please mention me when I text in - you never do  Cry   I know you might get quite a lot of texts but if you'd just keep a special look out for me that would be fab  Grin

Piglet

PS - I miss Neville Hay - any chance of a spot from him again?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 06:50:29 pm »

I have just read on 10/10ths that RLM, once again will not be covering the support race. Angry

I think that is a huge shame and I really cannot think of anything more important than to cover what is going happeing on the track. I am sure it would also be relevant to the internet listeners.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
nickliv
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 10:01:47 pm »

This year RLM will be all I've got, and I'm grateful that they exist.

I've listened to last years LM coverage a couple of times since, and, although it has its faults, it's really very good indeed.
DIRK BROWNFINGER

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2007, 12:43:47 am »

I am attending for the first time since 2002, and I admit I wouldnt have a clue what was going on without RLM, and I quite enjoy the rambling nature of the commentary?

No Autosport supplememt this year? Anybody know why?

Dirk. Just joined today.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2007, 01:57:54 am »

No Autosport supplememt this year? Anybody know why?

Coz CA did it better!!!

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: