Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:49:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarkets  (Read 2554 times)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2007, 07:38:08 pm »

One for our beloved Termietermite, methinks.

I should be arriving on the Wednesday morning on foot and I'll need to go food shopping on the Wednesday or Thursday.

I'll be staying on the Beausejour campsite (tickets and permit have been despatched) and I was wondering what cashpoints are at either Carrefour or the Super U at Arnage.

Also, which of the two is a shorter walk from the BSJ site. Looking at the map, I'd assume it's the Super U.

Can anyone help me with this?

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 10:21:05 pm »

Beloved, eh? Aw, shucks. Kiss
Both Carrefour and Super U have cash points and will take pretty much any card with a Visa or MasterCard connection!  The supermarkets themselves will also take plastic, no probs. These days they will ask you if you want to pay in euros or sterling with your card - opt for the latter if your card provider charges a fee for continental transactions. Pick euros if you have a Nationwide card as they give a much better rate than you'll be offered and charge no fee.

I've never stayed on BSJ so can't help you re the walk, but I'd say Super U.  If you're arriving on foot from the station, you can also get cash out at the bank opposite the building site which is now the North entrance!!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 06:27:48 am »

Howdy Pilgrim,
                   I would opt for Arnage village from BSJ. There is a bank machine at the roundabout in Arnage. If you already have Euro's; from Porsche curves walk toward Arnage after crossing the railwayline you come to an imitation roundabout. Turn left and a short distance on the right is a small supermarket.
Phil
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:46:57 am »

its a long walk with a few crates of beer Shocked

Im sure if you ask nicely one of us in here can give you a ride to the Local Super Beer dispenser.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: