Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:53:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: advise please...(LM package-can't go)  (Read 3086 times)
SDGLM

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:54:56 pm »

....One of our gang has dropped out of our trip to LM due to his fathers ill health. He has fully paid up for a package from Motoracing Int'l which covers Chunnel crossing (2 in a car), Houx Annex pitch and general entry.

I have advised MRI of the above situation and they have advised that they need to ammend the booking and would like the unused entry ticket and hospitality pass returned.

Is this regular form. Not sure why they need to have items returned when in reality they now belong to the member of our party now not travelling.

If he withdrew on the morning of travel then surely nothing could be amended in time for my crossing and we would be unable to return the tickets belonging to the guy who dropped out..

If this had not been reported to MRI could it have caused problems with my crossing on my own minus my passenger???

Bit confused by their request which I have duly asked for clarification on.

Cheers,

Bruce
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 12:05:55 am »

I assume it has something to do with Insurance, I suspect that if you were to claim on travel insurance then MRI would expect to have been notified. They might even be offering a refund however I think that is unlikly
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 01:52:08 am »

Well,  If they want the tickets back. that's not a problem.    You give them the tickets and they  give you back the drinking vouchers paid for the tickets.  Otherwise you sell them to someone and it's up to MRI to prove they are not the owner.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:09:19 am »

I haven't used MRI for a few years but I seem to remember that unless you specified otherwise, then their insurance package is included in the price.  Therefore, to get the money back via the insurance agents, they would naturally want the tickets back if you're getting a refund.  Assure yourself that they're coughing up and if they are, I'd comply.  From memory, the terms of the insurance are in their brochure but that might have changed.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 04:42:07 pm »

Not sure how to advise but I have to say that in my experience MRI can be intransigent buggers if you want to make any changes to your booking. anyone else had this experience?

I tested negative for patience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: