Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 12:43:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNDRAISING IDEAS  (Read 82483 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 03:25:41 pm »

How about using that airtime to announce a fund raising event then? Have an auction at the Poo bar meeting on the sat night for example  and split all proceeds 50-50 between the CA fund and BigH's noble cause. I'm sure everyone on here can find something to donate.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 03:41:57 pm »

Have an auction at the Poo bar meeting on the sat night for example  and split all proceeds 50-50 between the CA fund and BigH's noble cause. I'm sure everyone on here can find something to donate.
Anyone care to donate a new liver?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 03:53:50 pm »

I think these posts all indicate why we need a fundraising committee! 

There are lots of good ideas but they need to be harnessed properly and moved along so that they work well, give a good impression of CA and reflect the "branding" that we want.

An auction on the day is a good idea but most of us have enough today over the next four weeks to get ourselves to the circuit.  It's a great plan for another year but I doubt it could be pulled together successfully for this year.

The immediate problem is solved, now we need solid plans for the future.

One other factor we must remember is the difficulty in trading off the name of the ACO and the 24 hour event - the ACO hate this being done and have taken pretty draconian action against those making money out of them in the past.  Given GF's media status he will be very keen to avoid getting on the wrong side of the ACO. 

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 03:59:52 pm »

Have an auction at the Poo bar meeting on the sat night for example  and split all proceeds 50-50 between the CA fund and BigH's noble cause. I'm sure everyone on here can find something to donate.
Anyone care to donate a new liver?
I'd donate mine but I've no doubt it will be shot by then.   Grin Grin

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 04:08:57 pm »

Well how about starting an auction section as a sticky in Sell or swop. CA might be safe for now but the big fella on the bike deserves all the help we can give him!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 08:12:25 pm »

I was thinking more along the lines of getting the CA name out and what we're about - getting the web address on air etc.  I think if we go in guns blazing asking for money this could be fatal.  We can leave that to the fundraising committee to address that later - but swelling our membership numbers on here has to be key - more members, more money from whatever ventures are agreed upon in the future.

I did rather assume that one wasn't going to be asking for money on-air, but I think the problem is explaining to the audience why they need to go to this site in the first place.  Those listening at the circuit will hear the site name, and then forget it about 60 seconds later.  Those listening on the internet may access the site, but will then find its all quiet as most of us are at the race!

Promotion on-air needs to be supported by promotion in the campsites, so people hear the plug on the radio see people wearing TShirts, Polo Shirts and see the flags flying too.

I think that if the immediate problem is solved there needs to be a long term approach, as I say possibly in association with RLM.  Rather than emailing the studio perhaps those watching online could be encouraged to post here, or maybe the site could be made easy to use with a mobile (if it isn't already - haven't tried) so regulars could access it from the race?  Combinened merchandise?  Who knows!

Club Arnage – Awareness - " Getting the name out"

I agree totally with the above,  it is important to make people aware of the Club.

Last year I was asked a lot about the club, I even tore off the front cover of my CA Le Mans guide to hand to some guys.

May I suggest a flyer, A5 size, to promote the club and site. It can be easily done, by someone designing one and we each print out 3 x A4 sheets. – Giving 6 x flyers.

If everyone gave out at least 4 over the weekend then that would mean

4 x a bloody lot = a bit more awareness and a web site people may visit and join.

Worth a try, I think. - Simple and quick

Views please..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:14:32 pm by nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 08:17:24 pm »

Oh a form to design, it's like Christmas come early.

Good idea though

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 08:18:52 pm »

Good idea though

Why, oh why when i said a form to be designed - did I instantly think of Robspot   Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 08:27:57 pm »

Obviously the discovery of our little financial problem has come at a bad time, given that our best marketing opportunity (to put it broadly) is just a month away.  Some of the suggestions (like nopanic's) are very time sensitive.  Personally, as this idea is not directly money-generating, I'd say we should go ahead but without anybody being able to take responsibilty at the moment it's problematical.  How about producing a draft of something along these lines for committee approval once it's formed?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 08:33:17 pm »

Good idea though

Why, oh why when i said a form to be designed - did I instantly think of Robspot   Grin

Doris (where the hell is she BTW?) has had some CA business cards done. They simply have the website address on them and say "See you at the Poo Bar 9pm saturday". They're cheap to make, easy to keep about your person and we could all buy some to give out.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
rcutler
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 08:51:22 pm »

I have just used VistaPrint. You can have business cards made for free. 250 are made to a pre defined design but you can have blank ones. the only cost is £3.95 for posting them. Main problem is they take about a month to arrive.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 09:49:40 pm »

Doris (where the hell is she BTW?) has had some CA business cards done. They simply have the website address on them and say "See you at the Poo Bar 9pm saturday". They're cheap to make, easy to keep about your person and we could all buy some to give out.

She is without interweb access at the moment.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 09:55:06 pm »

I have just used VistaPrint. You can have business cards made for free. 250 are made to a pre defined design but you can have blank ones. the only cost is £3.95 for posting them. Main problem is they take about a month to arrive.

I'm not sure blank ones will be much use, probably better to have something printed on them, even if it costs a little more.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:19 am »

I didn't notice that I'd volunteered, jpc... Smiley

A DFH representative would be really great....
I happen to be the DfH treasurer, and will have a safe place (as in a fixed safe in a car) for cash in Le Mans....

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 08:42:55 am »

I think the small flyer / business card idea is good, considering the time and cost it would require to get in place for June.

(But please lets not create an eyesore or 'litter' like the T.W.A.T.S stickers everywhere......sorry T.W.A.T.S, but it is great you manage to get them onto the race cars.......but on all the signs and posts, etc round the circuit does you no favours!)

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: