Club Arnage
May 01, 2024, 03:49:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Le Mans Guide 2007 ready for download now!!!  (Read 52233 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2007, 10:31:40 am »

How does the number of downloads compare to last year?

Pretty much the same

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2007, 01:06:53 pm »

I have just sent my payment and would like to add  that In 25 years I have never seen a more definitive guide to Le Mans. It puts the likes of the Autosport guide, The Official Le Mans programme and all the other guides for the great race to shame. This should be in print and everyone who is at Le mans should have copy.

Joe flay

24hourman

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2007, 01:27:07 pm »

Werner

I have been happily carrying on with the occasional glance at the only definitive Le Mans guide until I innocently stumbled across a PH thread which correctly points out that there is no camping section for Technoparc! On closer inspection it appears that you deny the very existence of the aforementioned site by omitting it from the map!

Is this the best you can do? Lame excuses about not having the information will not wash with me matey. I would suggest, at the very least, that one of the committee members switches to Technoparc immediately to ensure that this blunder is not repeated next year.

Bob Underwood spings to mind  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2007, 01:33:30 pm »

Just for you Rob I will take a wander over there and reccy the place. After all when us HAers move over to MB next year you might want to try Technoparc for yourself Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2007, 02:30:25 pm »

... sounds like Technoparc is a refugee camp - or will become one next year for homeless ex-HA-residents Grin
Yes, simply forgot that site when compiling the guide - too much beer, wine and other fun in the last year & I'm only getting older...

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2007, 10:46:46 pm »

Just for you Rob I will take a wander over there and reccy the place. After all when us HAers move over to MB next year you might want to try Technoparc for yourself Grin

Now hang on just a minute Bob.  With all this zone police stuff going on there, I think I'd rather camp at Butlins!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2007, 10:23:31 am »

I just checked the Pay Pal and the Guide raised £369.35.   Sadly no donations after 14 June.   I gave away my copy to a guy in the Champion on the N138 Noth of Le Mans.   I asked him to make a donation on return.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2007, 12:13:01 am »

I'll need to rewrite the public transport info for next year as some has changed and I'll add a few more lines about CDG and Le Mans Gare. I'll try later this week before the memory fades.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2007, 12:19:34 am »

as mentioned in the thieving-at-LeMans-thread I think it might be wise to put tips and local information (how to report stolen property etc) in the Le Mans Guide next year about camping theft

maybe someone who has actually experienced to complete hassle can work on this?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2007, 08:53:48 am »

I'll need to rewrite the public transport info for next year as some has changed and I'll add a few more lines about CDG and Le Mans Gare. I'll try later this week before the memory fades.

Wow, that would be great. If you pm me your e-mail-adress I could send you the editable MS-Word-version so you can place your chnages directly in there

Cheers

Werner

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2007, 08:59:55 am »

as mentioned in the thieving-at-LeMans-thread I think it might be wise to put tips and local information (how to report stolen property etc) in the Le Mans Guide next year about camping theft

maybe someone who has actually experienced to complete hassle can work on this?

Yes, unfortunately it looks like we need to extend the paragraph about this topic  Angry. hgb has already send me adresses of police stations in LM and MGmark's info in the other thread should also go in next years guide. It would be also quite good to have all the emergency phone numbers of e.g. the major credit card corporations in the guide in case someone needs to cancel / report a stolen credit card or bank card. Any more ideas?

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2007, 09:34:03 am »

Hopefully Trevor can give some feedback on the guide when he gets back to Canada in a week or so but I think he and Sean used it very much as their "bible" which was great to see.

I think Trevor said there was no detail about the busses that run out to Arnage/Mulsanne etc. over the race, if that's the case that might be worth adding. 
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2007, 10:22:48 am »

I think Trevor said there was no detail about the busses that run out to Arnage/Mulsanne etc. over the race, if that's the case that might be worth adding. 

Yes, if someone knows details about these buses, that would be great. I was already trying last year but found nothing on the web. Only thing I learned last year was that they don't go Wednesday and Thursday, I had to walk to Arnage Angry

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2007, 10:48:40 am »

bus details appered in the official programme, 5 euros, page 18.

"Shuttles"
shuttles between the main entrance for the Mulsanne and Arnage and Porsche corners are available for all general enclosure ticket holders.  These shuttles (every hour approx) will run on the 16th and 17th June only.

... well, in 21 years I never bought an official programme, spent everything on beer... Grin , thanks Peter

jd sltv

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2007, 06:14:45 pm »

you might want to update the inforamation about the Fireworks shop, it's now moved from the town center to the new shopping village (Family Village) & it can be found tucked away in the far left hand corner of the complex right next to the track,

although the road trip to town & the subsiquent fun trying to find out from locals where it was was really fun Smiley so it wasn;t a complete wasted trip, kudos to the guy in the PC shop for pointing us in the right direction

Also worth adding that there are two new resturants in that same complex, a tapas/steak bar, very very trendy & the food is awsome & opposite is a very nice Pizza place (That also sells steak) both come highly recomended by the 26+ that-way.co.uk members who attened this year + the rest of the shops would be worth a look

also would be good to add in the mini moto/pit bike/ lawnmower shop inear the Family Village, they kindy re colied my pull start for nothing on 2 occasions, great service if you need any replacement parts for motor powered transport of the non car varity, i'm not sure of the full address but it is Here (pic 61mb - nice high res)

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, made such a adifferance, i'll stick some money in the donations box in the next 48 hours as it was most defianlty worth it's weight in gold this year for me
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: