Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 04:20:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Piglet....can you please tell him....  (Read 4116 times)
amanda

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2007, 06:50:41 pm »

Hi Piglet

I appreciate your efforts. However I am quite upset still he has not phoned as he said he would phone upon arrival in France and would still like to speak to him. If you could please tell him to call me ASAP that would be great as I have spent all last night with his friends on the phone with Foreign Affairs Canada and the Canadian Embassy in Paris trying to locate him and now they are involved. I would just like to speak to him to confirm he actually is OK.

Thanks

Amanda
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 12:33:20 pm »

bloody hell, you must be worried!

best assured i am sure its just a communication thing - mobile phone networks are different outside of Americas..   he's probably had a few beers, found that the public pay phones have been vandalised and spending every spare minute trying to find a working one.   as he's been spotted, guess there is a perfectly legitimate reason for being phone-absent. 

best wishes.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 04:20:23 pm »

As an update, we got a message to Craig via Barry in the end and by the time I got to the 'Poo bar at 11pm Saturday Craig had phoned Amanda using Barry's mobile so all's well. 

As predicted, he had discovered that his cell phone wouldn't work in Europe and had also discovered that working payphones are about as rare as hen's teeth, especially ones that allow you to call internationally.   As I understand it he spent a good amount of time trying to find a phone and then tried to find an internet cafe.  The reality of being stuck out on a circuit like LM is that finding these kind of things is pretty tricky. 
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:40:59 pm »

As an update, we got a message to Craig via Barry in the end and by the time I got to the 'Poo bar at 11pm Saturday Craig had phoned Amanda using Barry's mobile so all's well. 

I bet he still got a bollocking though  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

nickliv
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 02:30:12 pm »

Have you seen the similar threads on BM?  Shocked
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:36:01 pm »

Have you seen the similar threads on BM?  Shocked
Yup.  I think he got more than a b*ll*cking, Steve.  By the look of it, the relationship was doomed anyway.... Blimey, I'd think Mr T was ill if he phoned me up all the time when he was away.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 07:32:01 pm »

Blimey I wasn't going to post on this but having seen the Beermountain thread I can't resist! 

I felt sorry for Craig initially, at the point the first thread was on here he'd been in France about 36 hours hardly cause for an all points alert.  I guess it hadn't really occured to Amanda that in the Le Mans type environment it might be difficult for him to make contact with her immediately.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: