Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 05:14:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you accept DfH charging entrance for the Friday night party?  (Voting closed: November 01, 2007, 12:03:51 pm)
Yes, general entrance covering costs will do me fine. - 8 (17.4%)
Yes, like above - but with an additional amount for charity. - 35 (76.1%)
No, I'd rather have people sponsor a barrel of beer. - 2 (4.3%)
No, if you start charging money I'm not coming anymore. - 0 (0%)
I wasn't planning on coming anyway. - 1 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LM'08, DfH's Friday night party - question for all...  (Read 29288 times)
nickliv
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 03:27:57 pm »

Orange ink of course.

How about the lion?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 03:38:56 pm »

Being a nightclubber of the 80's what about using an old fashioned hand stamp? 

Then I'd rather get that special blanc ink for a stamp on the cheek , and an ultra violet light at the bar. Makes life easier for the people behind the bar.
Having a stamp made costs next to nothing. And like Nick says, a lion of course! Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 03:53:34 pm »

However, as Paddy said, if mother nature puts on a tantrum again, people start wearing other items of clothing, hiding the shirt from view. If everyone weares the same shirt, it becomes obvious to outsiders (freeloaders) that it is a private party and then everyone wearing shirts can tell people without shirts to sod off, in the best way possible of course

You want free beer, you wear the shirt come rain or shine  police

I'd be happy, indeed privileged, to wear an orange shirt but as previously mentioned cost might be a factor. Although if you can't be bothered to pay for a shirt then piss off and drink your own warm beer.

It's the free aspect that seems to cause most problems. A lot of unknown people turn up asking how much is the beer and when told it's not for sale they call their mates over to the "free bar"

If there's a fire lane bang through the middle again then it makes it impossible to police effectively, maybe think about putting the bar where it can be more easily roped off? I'm thinking razor wire and gun turrets  Grin

I'll be travelling in a separate group from JPC next year so more than happy to sponsor a few barrels on behalf of our group.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 03:56:42 pm »

Being a nightclubber of the 80's what about using an old fashioned hand stamp? 

Then I'd rather get that special blanc ink for a stamp on the cheek , and an ultra violet light at the bar. Makes life easier for the people behind the bar.
Having a stamp made costs next to nothing. And like Nick says, a lion of course! Grin

My things have moved on from my clubbing days  Grin   Could you then have someone wandering around with a UV light checking people?  It might act as a decent deterrent to the freeloaders?   

I love the idea of the lion - I hope it doesn't mean that when the sun shines we'll all get a nice permanent lion mark on our cheeks  Grin
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 04:00:08 pm »

I think the problem with this would be How would DfH get their cut?  If the Paypal 'donation' scheme is similar to the 'Just Giving' one, the mone would go directly to the named charity(ies).
No, the donation scheme can also go to the 'vendor' - I use the 'Donate Now' button on a website I run so that the members can donate towards the costs of hosting etc. we have various buttons (on which we set the price) and a blank one (where the member chooses what they want to donate). It's no different to a 'buy it now' button, but say's donate on it. Paypal take their standard cut and the rest goes to our account and used for running the site, the important bit is that throughout the process we are not asking them to 'buy' membership but 'donate' to the running costs, that way we are not a commercial enterprise etc.
nickliv
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 04:01:04 pm »

Quote from: Piglet link=topic=
 I love the idea of the lion - I hope it doesn't mean that when the sun shines we'll all get a nice permanent lion mark on our cheeks  Grin
[/quote

And what would be wrong with that? I want mine on my forehead. Grin
htbast
CA Veteran

Well done 'Shorty'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 04:25:13 pm »

More than happy to pay for wristband & extra to charity. I had a great time last year, although I missed the Auction (sleeping after Friday afternoon drinking session. Schoolboy error I know!)

As mentioned before, this is your party, and I am happy to do whatever you decide works best. However I love the idea of the ultra violet lion stamp on your cheek!

Slightly off topic I know, but I would be happy to work on the bar for an hour or so during the evening. Your guys worked very hard, and deserve a break. If enough CA members offer the same, we could maybe give your staff a break for an hour, and run it on your behalf as a thank you for your efforts.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 05:00:27 pm »

that would be great, ht!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 05:16:39 pm »

Willing to give a hand on the bar next year, think I did 10min this year.

Another idea for identifying people for the Friday night party, simple - What about a plastic (for safety) mug, marked up with the correct logo, could be collector item in years to come. - Also helps with any clearing up the next day.

But very simple to handle gate crashers, no mug, no beer - you can even get glow in the dark mugs a then you can see them all night.

Or even a ORANGE mug.

Went to beer fetival in Portland Oregon, this year, they sold the mugs and that was the only way served the beer, agin with the correct tokens.

They had ones that changed colour once they pour beer in, which look good.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:30:40 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 05:27:44 pm »

Money plus charity contribution before the event, with collection of bands/id's when at LM, seems the most sensible, keeps the amount of cash on site down, postage costs at zero, and cannot be mistaken by the ACO as a commercial exercise.

Fairer than sponsering a barrel, for the smaller groups of people.

However you id the contributers, I would not let them know how, till they collect it at LM, unless it's very unique, otherwise the freeloaders will come prepared.

UV idea good, as are the unique mugs, which would solve the problem of someone going to the bar to get drinks for a few people. 

I'm sure there is enough CA's (I'm one) who would be willing to take a turn behind the bar to give the DfH guys and girls a break, there are so many of us, a 1/2 hour stint, (if there are enough volunteers) would probably be sufficient, although you might want DfH there towards the end on the evening Smiley

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 05:28:14 pm »

Nopanic: I think tokens would be a little over the top for us Grin

Anything can be copied, except for a t-shirt (if we keep the design a secret). It sounds more and more tempting to me. Bloody risk the weather! Cool

Drinking for Holland
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 05:34:26 pm »

Nopanic: I think tokens would be a little over the top for us Grin

Sorry was not suggesting tokens, just mentioned that how they did it over there. Agree tokens would be a nightmare.

Just the mug could be a good idea, just checked, you can get a colour change mug - goes orange went beer poured in.

nickliv
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 05:34:52 pm »

Paddy.

Your last post got me thinking.

Over the top.

So, if it pisses down, you wear the T shirt over your waterproof.

I still want a UV lion on my forehead though.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 05:35:36 pm »

How about orange falling over trousers  Grin Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 05:37:18 pm »

Paddy.

Your last post got me thinking.

Over the top.

So, if it pisses down, you wear the T shirt over your waterproof.

I still want a UV lion on my forehead though.

Why is that I read it as " Wet T shirt night"  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: