Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:14:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 28164 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 07:19:26 pm »

What I find so incredibly distasteful is that it implys that there is a case to answer. To think it has come to this....

I can't help wondering what someone like Gilles Villeneuve or James Hunt would have made of all this?  Huh I'm fairly sure they'd have punched Alonso's lights out.

I would have been prepared to pay good money to see that - unlike F1 which I gave up on many years ago
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 09:06:40 pm »

What absolute b*11*cks.  If I were Ron or one of the mechanics, I'd tie the Spaniard's shoelaces together

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 03:02:53 am »

The spanish one would claim his shoe laces were shorter anyway Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 06:49:29 pm »

Hi Rhino, they always said those two were the patron saints of hell raisers & girl chasers.  Grin
Fax
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 11:09:54 pm »

I have to say the thought had crossed my mind that British Team, British Driver, Moaning Spaniard, Alonso leads into last lap, engineers "accidentally" hit the STOP button to bring hamilton home as champ...

Cynical? No- Fair....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 11:57:14 pm »

Alonso can win if Hamilton is second or third, no need to press the 'stop button'. Hamilton will still be champ Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 12:01:58 am »

I have to say the thought had crossed my mind that British Team, British Driver, Moaning Spaniard, Alonso leads into last lap, engineers "accidentally" hit the STOP button to bring hamilton home as champ...

Cynical? No- Fair....

I dare say this was a 'technology rumour' but;  many drivers and commentators about 10 years ago said that a monkey could drive the McClaren. It was even muted that a driverless car completed laps at about 3 secs off the pace. This was when telemetry was the 'be all and end all'.

Now that level of technology is against the rules, the only stop button is in the car unless connected to the computer. Bluetooth is very local and takes time to acquire. Broadband possible but doubtfull.

We beat them in 1588 when hopelessly outnumbered.

British Grit WILL prevail.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:03:59 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 12:22:58 am »

Watch for people being brought into the pits so that they come out in traffic. Unexpected requirements for splash and dash. Problems removing the refuelling rig. Wrong tyres. Then of course the marshals might randomly select one of the top cars to be weighed during practice and jeopardise it's chances.

And while team orders might be out of order, I bet Massa would do his level best to act as rear gunner for Kimi if the situation arises.

Oddly enough though, I feel MacLaren will play it straight down the line and won't show favoritism to either driver. If Hamilton wins, I can quite see Alonso making himself out to be a martyr and boasting how he helped Lewis win at his own expense. I hope I'm wrong. I liked Alonso last year...
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 09:20:57 pm »

All teams to get 'fair play Tsar' at Interlagos.

The appointment of a 'fair play tsar' to the McLaren team for the Brazilian Grand Prix to ensure that neither driver has an advantage over the other has turned up several irregularities. For instance, he found that one driver has been using different tyre pressures to the other, and at one point, he noted that Lewis Hamilton was given more fuel than Fernando Alonso.

Full report here : http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=33201

Fears that FIA's Alonso fair play concern has gone too far

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=33188

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 10:13:09 pm »

My hope is that Alonso and Hamilton take each other off at the first corner, resort to physical violence, and Raikkonen steals the title.  I couldn't give a rats ass about Mclaren, or Ferrari, the F1 community is a bunch of pissing & moaning jerks, right down to the janitors.
Fax
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 09:49:55 am »

My hope is that Alonso and Hamilton take each other off at the first corner

That'll be a Senna/Prost revival then.....only now they don't really race like they did then.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 10:46:26 pm »

To be honest, I don't have any fond memories of the Prost-Senna wars at all.  It was at the best of times juvenile and pathetic.  At its worst it bordered on homicidal.  The bad blood between team-mates that was truly comical was the Mansell-Piquet debacle.  The way Nelson used to get under Nigel's skin was fricking hilarious!  But they didn't take it to the track, they behaved themselves there.  This stuff today between Alonso and Hamilton is plain stupid...Whining, spoiled, immature, prima donna's.
Fax
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 09:39:39 am »

The bad blood between team-mates that was truly comical was the Mansell-Piquet debacle.  The way Nelson used to get under Nigel's skin was fricking hilarious!  Fax

Now that is quite true - I had forgotten quite how funny that one was!  As for the children spitting their dummies out today, I think I said somewhere else that I wished that they would "just shut the fu** up and race"

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 11:06:49 am »

I think I said somewhere else that I wished that they would "just shut the fu** up and race"

To be fair, I think Lewis wishes the same thing!

F
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 12:24:15 pm »

This stuff today between Alonso and Hamilton is plain stupid...Whining, spoiled, immature, prima donna's.
Fax

Fax IMO that's not really fair, Lewis has been pretty moderate in his behaviour. On one level you could say that he is playing the role of Piquet to Alonso's over-emotional Mansell and getting right under his skin. Having said that, Lewis has conducted himself pretty well, just about all the bleating has come from the Spaniard. You simply have to admire his maturity. I also like the way that Lewis couldn't give a rats ass that Alonso is a double world champion, it was always a Senna trait that mere mortals should bow down on one knee to him and show due respect, and Mansell used to get right up his nose when he didn't. Result; bent Lotus.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: