Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 09:55:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speeding fines  (Read 10918 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 05:48:03 am »

Jem - Not all coppers should be tarred with the same brush. In some courts, Police are questioned in a manner you'd want to see criminals subjected to.
Most traffic issues are heard with no attendance, so they were probably annoyed you even turned up, and didnt plead guilty by post !

If youre really upset, contact their "freedom of information" officer and ask what the result was.

Take life by the horns and live it.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 12:27:22 pm »

Seems that justice has been done: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7128548.stm
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 11:09:25 pm »

Seems that justice has been done: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7128548.stm

i did say.

Take life by the horns and live it.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 11:18:39 pm »

Well nice to see justice being done, but spoke to a magistrate the other day, fine about right, but they said that they would have expected about a 90 day driving ban.

I can't say much, waiting to see if I have been done for speeding in sunny north Wales the other day, doing 56-60 in 50 limit,

oh well wot goes around comes around.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:20:10 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 12:52:05 am »

On a lighter note Grin, i got a parking ticket earlier today in Pompey as someone had parked in my office spot so I blocked em in for 4 hours with the super cav... half on double yellows and half on the office spot tarmac.
I went out to get lady PP's crimbo prezzie out of the car to find the traffic gestapo taking a pic of the car with the ticket stuck to the window.
A polite conversation ensued.... but what the f**k wit didnt know is that the chav is not registered to me... the docs are still in the glove box from the last owner, a mate ....... so another failure for the Pompey parking plod! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin FUR KEM!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 11:00:32 am »

From 'Sniffpetrol'

There was huge embarrassment for the police this week as Meredydd Hughes’s conviction for speeding accidentally revealed that one of their senior officers might be a ‘normal person’.

As the Chief Constable of South Yorkshire received his 42 day driving ban for doing 90mph in a 60mph zone, many top police officers were said to be humiliated and furious that such a high ranking law enforcer might accidentally have allowed the general public to relate to him in some way.

“This matter is proceeding in an extremely difficult direction,” said one speaking policeman. “My colleagues and I are worried that Meredydd Hughes might have been experiencing puny human emotions like being able to assess road and traffic conditions and realising that you can go faster than 60mph on an A-road early on a Monday morning without killing anyone”.

“That’s not all,” our copper gob continued. “We are also extremely concerned that, whilst the Chief Constable clearly committed a crime, it is a crime that ‘the normals’ commit every day and this simply won’t do. How are we supposed to maintain a rabid, binary and unrealistic outlook on speeding when one of our own is behaving like the untermensch? The police simply cannot break the law in this way because it proves that the law is flawed. We must only break the law in ways the humans cannot relate to nor excuse at all. For example, murdering a man at a Tube station. We’re bloody good at that one”.

Did I just say that out loud?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 02:18:36 pm »

Not sure if this should be a new thread.

A while ago now I collected a Fixed Penalty for Speeding.  But since it was 36 in a 30 I had the choice of 3 points and a Fine or Pay a bit more and take a half day Training course.   So I took the training course.  On the course it was stated that the "Zero Tollerance" speed is 35.  That is 10% plus 2 Mph. 30 + 3 + 2 = 35.  So
as long as you are doing less than 36 your not going to get fined.

I now know someone who recently received a Fixed Penalty for 35 in a 30.

I really feel like asking for my money back.     I paid for training and advice.   The advice was bad advice.  It's probably explained by the fact the young chap leading the course had been done three times. 

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 07:41:58 pm »

Are most speedos not set 4 or 5 mph faster than actual speed anyway  Huh

They have lumps of what round the back???
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 11:40:34 pm »

I regularly passs two,
I pass one at 28/29 and it reads 30/31
T'other I pass at 36/37/38 and it reads 38/39/40.

There is the odd ocasion where I think it reads 3 over but to be honest it is more often than not 2

BMW 5 series if that matters

.......and under the influence when originally posting!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:01:40 pm by Dangermouse » Logged

Did I just say that out loud?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 11:46:30 pm »

Are most speedos not set 4 or 5 mph faster than actual speed anyway  Huh

Well I was under the impression that a speedometer should be accurate  to 10%.   
A quick google suggests that a Speedometer should not under read and should not over read by more than 10%

Really all I ask is that we know where the limits are.  I personally don't care if the have a Zero "Zero Tolerance" and if your doing 30.000000000001 MPH they are going to issue a ticket.    I just want to know where the limit is.

Lets face it you judge your speed by the rate the world goes by.  Glancing at the Speedo from time to time confirm your speed.     Your bound to stray over the limit from time to time. 

I more upset by the fact I was told they will not issue tickets at 35 only to discover they do. Basically the guy lied.   I really don't see why I should pay to be lied to.

Note: on edit,  I have found more information.  he didn't lie just didn't really make it clear what he was saying.  Please see my later post.

t.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:49:55 am by Lawnmower Man » Logged

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 12:01:31 am »

I really don't see why I should pay to be lied to.

I would have thought you paid a bit extra and took the course in order to avoid the penalty points, which in turn will have saved you money on future increased insurance premiums!

My insurance went up by £50 when I got some points...  Embarrassed

F

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 12:18:10 am »

Well I was under the impression that a speedometer should be accurate  to 10%.   
A quick google suggests that a Speedometer should not under read and should not over read by more than 10%
And then you change tires, and it will all be different again Roll Eyes

I think getting caught speeding in access of a few miles is just bad luck. Can happen to anybody any day, you just happen to drive there were the police check was. The Gatsos are pretty obvious nowadays.
What I completely dissaprove with is the insurance companies (in the UK) thinking it's a ligitamite (spelling?) excuse to raise the insurance after you got some points, like Fran says. That's just pure theft! Angry

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 12:46:17 am »

I really don't see why I should pay to be lied to.

I would have thought you paid a bit extra and took the course in order to avoid the penalty points, which in turn will have saved you money on future increased insurance premiums!

My insurance went up by £50 when I got some points...  Embarrassed

F

Yes I took the course to avoid the points,

t.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 12:49:12 am »

Money well spent in that case - I wish it had been an option when I got done!

F
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 12:56:26 am »

I found a couple of interesting things.

First speedo readings see item 7 on :-

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/roads/about/speeding.htm

The ACPO information here:-  http://www.acpo.police.uk/asp/policies/Data/speed_enforcement_guidelines_web_v7_foi.doc

t.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: