Club Arnage
May 29, 2024, 02:56:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 3492 times)
Catchpole

Lets Go Racing

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:04:42 am »

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:20:46 am by Catchpole » Logged
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:52:07 am »

Indeed, it looks like a really nice car. But us Dutch are even more eager to find out about the 2008-season for Jan Lammers than the ACO-camping outcome for ourselfves.

Here's a small outtake from an article by ProjectLeMans.de on September 10th:
What now for Racing for Holland and the Dome? „This year we will definately not race in the Dome anymore, neither in Silverstone nor in Interlagos“ says Lammers. „The car is owned by Dome and is already on it's way back to Japan. Dome wants to do some testing on the car.“ Since 2001, Lammers has had a partnership with Dome, will he work together with the Japanese again in 2008? „I do not yet know. I made Dome an offer, but so far I haven't heard from them. Dome is building a completely new car for next year. It will be a Coupe, made by a completely new designteam. Of course I would love to compete with that car. But Dome is also negotiating with a car manufacturer.“

Fingers crossed in this corner of the continent - but the last line of the quote above, together with the arrival of the Equipe Verschuur - Porsche Spyder makes me fear the worst. Jan's 20th Le Mans this year could have been the last one Embarrassed
The only small light in the dark tunnel is that -as you're stating- the car will be powered by a Judd. That will give Jan a better chance compared to a Japanese engine-powered Dome.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:57:48 am by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 10:15:10 am »

Although mostly in Japanese, the Dome web site has some specs for the car down this page http://www.dome.co.jp/column/column_suzuki_13.html in engrish (scroll down).

Steve East Anglian cobras

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:32:11 am »

Now using Google page translation facility - http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.dome.co.jp/column/column_suzuki_13.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=7&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddome%2Bs102%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2004-11,GGLD:en%26sa%3DN

Still doesn't make much sense  Undecided

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 10:43:45 am »

Still no news about this situation. I had Jan on the phone a couple of days ago and he said he expected Dome to put in more effort than previous years. He doesn't want another year like this and last year with an uncompetitive car and poor funding. I fear the worst, because it's November already. If you want to be competitive with a new car, you would expect the business bit to be sorted by now. This year, they made the deal in January and as a consequence, sponsors had already signed other deals.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 10:59:45 am »

Still doesn't make much sense  Undecided

Indeed, why install a Judd engine and keep going on about a diesel? Huh

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 02:21:59 pm »

Let us pray that RFH will be able to get their hands on that car, it looks stunning, now let's hope it also runs fast!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: