Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 03:21:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twickenham for Concerts - Any advice  (Read 5859 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2007, 01:36:21 pm »

Hi,

Considering booking tickets for the Iron Maiden concert at Twickenham next July.

I can get standing for £50 or seated for between £37.50 and £50

Has anyone any experience of concerts at Twickenham, and what the view would be like of the stage from the £37.50 seats. I would prefer standing but think its a rip off at £50.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 02:16:05 pm »

Chris,
You'll need Jodrell Bank to see little fellas on the stage, and I'm not talking about cranking a quick one out in the queue for the turnstiles. Best bet is to book a flight with BA to somewhere, anywhere, and chances are you'll get locked in a holding pattern over Isleworth and see the whole thing.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:31:35 pm »

Went to see the Stones there a few years back, seated about halfway along the side. View was pretty good, the acoustics were only passable at best. People seemed to have paid good money to sit and text their mates, or wander to the bar and back during the concert - anything other than watch the band!!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 02:56:40 pm »

I would have thought that the accoustice will have improved since your visit Smokester.

The stadium is now finished, and therefore, noise/sound doesn't shoot out the end of the place. It doesn't seem to bounce too badly in the stadium either. This is only judged by band music and the occasional PA by some dodgy pop outfit, prior to rugby matches.

Viewing will depend on how the stage is configured - either rotating stage; "in the round", alternatively, at one end, with viewing as a horseshoe set up.

If it's in the round, my seats on the half way line will be superb. PM me if you want me to see if I can get them for this event.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 03:07:18 pm »

I went to see the Police (her in doors idea honest) in September. Our tickets were quite a long way back in the corner and to be honest we could see virtually nothing ( I know most will think I was lucky) But being an old bloke and having paid lots of money I decided to have a friendly word with one of the officials. Without hesitation he introduced me to another official who was holding a pile of 'on the night exchanges.' This resulted in us being moved to within a few metres of the stage and we noticed the tickets were £30.00 each more expensive face value at no cost to us. They are obviously used to people being disappointed with the not so good seats and have an efficient mechanism to deal with it as the block that we arrived at was empty when we got there and eventually filled up as more people caught on  to the idea of complaining. So advice number one, if you don't like the seat for any reason, complain, they will relocate you.

Having said all of that, the acoustics were appalling. Now, like them or loath them, technically the Police are pretty accomplished. They sounded worse than a pub band playing in an empty swimming pool. It might be that there set up was poor, but based on my single experience of watching that show at Twicker’s, I have vowed never to return.

Sorry to be so negative, but it was advice you were seeking.

By the way is anyone else going to see Led Zep in a couple of weeks?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:10:08 pm by monkey » Logged
htbast
CA Veteran

Well done 'Shorty'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 04:03:20 pm »

Standing is almost always at the front, so will provide the better view. I think the sound is also better as it has not yet bounced off the side of the stadium. In my experience, everyone in the standing section is much more 'up for it' than those in the seats.  Also the sound should be better as it will not have bounced off the sides of the stadium before getting to your ears. Just save a little harder and have a good night.

Hope this helps.

HTBast
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 08:04:40 pm »

Get in the standing area Chris, you never know who you might rub up against.... nudge, nudge, wink wink  Wink

Might be the highlight of the concert - no pole vaulting onto the stage though...

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 01:34:41 pm »

Don't bother.  Nothing to do with Twickenham - on which I cannot comment having only ever been there to watch rugby - but I saw Iron Maiden when they headlined at Reading a few years back and it was so effing boring that my friends and I wanted to slit our wrists.  Went to the bar instead....

Save your money for the over priced botulism burgers at Wembley when you go to the ROC.   Wink

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 01:39:58 pm »

Too late Doris, ticket booked done and dusted this morning, not impressed by the £10.45 fee for booking one ticket and postage though, Robbing MF's

Depends on how much you like Maiden really and since they are just doing all their old stuff that i love, on this tour, then I can't wait as I got into the band just after that period was around the first time.

Regards
Chris
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 03:24:16 pm »

I'm waiting for the tourdates on shore for that show, have you seen something somewhere maybe Chris?

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
paulydee
CA Veteran

D'Oh!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 10:30:04 am »

Chris,

Saw Genesis there this year, a good show but was seriously disappointed with the venue. It's a bugger to get to by public transport on the off-chance you don't live in South-West London; however, getting TO Twix seems like a breeze compared to getting AWAY from the damn place afterwards. We were there on a Sunday night, which may not have helped, but the tubes had stopped running before we could get back to North London and ended up completing our journey by taxi - the day seemed like a condensed version of Planes, trains & automobiles! Courtesy buses run to / from the nearest tube station to the stadium but take an age as they get caught up in general traffic the whole route. A friend trained in from Staines as an alternative, seemed like a good idea on the way in but after the show there must have been 10,000+ trying to get through the station onto the train - god forbid there should be an emergency at a time like that, he was genuinely concerned for his & mrs' safety..... Shocked

The accoustics were not good - we were seated only about 11-12 rows from the front so got the full brunt of the stage PA, but the echoing around the stadium really detracted from the experience once you noticed it. Given the choice between Twix & another stadium i would not return. I was surprised to read a certain Dr Brian May commenting what an excellent venue he thought it was after watching the same concert - though he did view it from the mixing desk, and i don't suppose he waited until the end before trying to catch a tube home.... Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: