Club Arnage
May 01, 2024, 03:30:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evening Standard  (Read 5259 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2007, 03:03:05 pm »

Not in the least bit motor racing related!

Our little lobby group (French Health Issues) has been in touch with the London Evening Standard.  They are running a piece about us in the next day or two.  Could I ask anybody who's around London to keep an eye out for it for me please?

Thanks. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:35:55 pm »

There is a 1/4 page piece on the paper today written by Nicholas Cecil.

I have a copy if yoy want it posted to you or I can scan it let me know.

Just read it and I spotted a name I know!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:39:58 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:03:04 pm »

Grin
Thanks for that.  In fact, somebody sent me a scan so I'm covered, but thanks very much for looking out for it.  It's been a good day all in all as the guy mentioned who has cancer has managed to stir up his local medics into helping persuade the local authorities to carry on with his treatment so it's been worth all the work so far.

Cheers.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:50:08 pm »

Debs

There's a special Jeremy Vine show on radio2 tomorrow between 12 and 2, focusing on the UK and France, and the encumbent problems of the respective countries, including the health services

Might be worth a shot
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 01:42:18 pm »

Debs

There's a special Jeremy Vine show on radio2 tomorrow between 12 and 2, focusing on the UK and France, and the encumbent problems of the respective countries, including the health services

Might be worth a shot
It was!  We didn't get on the Paris prog but I am on there in about 20 minutes.  Thanks for the idea, Nick.

nickliv
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 01:53:29 pm »

Just heard it, you came across very well. Good reasoned points made by you and your co - protestors.

But it seems the nutters have come out of the woodwork a bit now.

Listen again via here, will probably go up sometime later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:31:46 pm by nickliv » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 02:38:57 pm »

Typical phone in audience, I guess. But hey, any publicity is good publicity...

nickliv
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 02:40:43 pm »

Also, they probably only choose the cranks comments, and people generally don't ring up if they're ambivalent about something.

Onwards and upwards  Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 04:57:19 pm »

Got back home to discover that the French have backed down for people who are already paying into the French system - so relief for us - we will not have to sell the house and move into a hovel in the UK now - we can stay in our French hovel.  Still a lot of problems for some other people but it's a start.

nickliv
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 08:19:37 pm »

How about the other people who appeared on the show with you? Are they in luck as well?

Am I right in thinking the problem goes away when you reach normal retirement age?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 01:13:10 pm »

We got our way today and the French Health Minister climbed down and has now let all current residents stay in the state system.  Thanks to all of those CAers who signed the petition. 
I've been very bad at keeping the calendar up to date for the last few months but hopefully soon will have a bit more time to devote to the really important things in life...
Cheers to all who supported us, in their small ways - every little helped!
www.frenchhealthissues.eu

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: