Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 07:34:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new camera time - need help  (Read 25685 times)
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 02:01:31 pm »

What do you mean exactly Kev? Are they charging you for the use of a creditcard or so?

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 02:06:28 pm »

What do you mean exactly Kev? Are they charging you for the use of a creditcard or so?
They start the price’s off at £130 ish and you put that as your bid but as there all 1 day listings they bump the bids up to around the £180-190 mark so that’s what you pay IF you bid again.

The card payments are made via a secure site Smiley just see when the one ive bidded on bloody ends!

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 02:11:27 pm »

They start the price’s off at £130 ish and you put that as your bid but as there all 1 day listings they bump the bids up to around the £180-190 mark so that’s what you pay IF you bid again.

It's an auction Kev. That's how they work  Roll Eyes

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 02:35:26 pm »

Kev, do you know what these cost in normal stores? A 400D with the 18-55 lens has a going price of 609 euro's over here. The highest up 400D at this time on the site is 280 quid, which makes 355 euro's. If you think that is to much because it's 'refurbished', go buy a ccamera somewhere else.

I'll be very happy with a 350D+18-55 for the 200 quid they went for today, even if it's in silver. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 03:19:29 pm »

Also, there's the thing with last second bidders, they wait till the very last second to place their bid, thus leaving others without the possibility of bidding higher. You can try that yourself as well, just wait till the bidding is almost over, see what the highest bid is and decide if you want to go any higher. Or, alternatively, you can put in a maximum bid and then autobid. Whenever a bid is placed, you will automatically raise your bid. Until someone decides to bid more than your maximum bid (wich they cannot see beforehand) then you are out of the game.

Example: if you start an automatic bid to a maximum of 200, and the lowest possible bid is 130, then 130 will be your bid. If someone comes along and bids 140, your bid will be automatically raised to 150. Maybe this person tries again and bids 160. Your new bid will then be 170. If nobody bids more than 170 you win the auction with a bid of 170, and you won't have to pay your set maximum of 200. Try not to accidentally place a 'normal' bid of 200, if that wins the auction, that's the money you will have to pay regardless of other bids.

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 03:40:53 pm »

as you may of guessed my week isnt going to plan  Cry ill go and RE bid once ive had a nice cup of tea. thanks guys!

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 04:13:52 pm »

Kev

Just keep watching, this site shifts a lot of camera's

The one you want will come up, set your price  (max) you want to pay, bid slowly and wait. If you miss it, another one will come up.

As for referb cond, - look on the site to see a description.

Like I said I may buy a video camera from this site, depends on the cash. As I have just signed up a college and need to buy a special megger meter, so thats a £1000 spoke for already!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 04:17:45 pm »

Also, there's the thing with last second bidders, they wait till the very last second to place their bid, thus leaving others without the possibility of bidding higher.

Oh yes.... thats my favourite trick - sometimes I actually win - most often I forget I am watching and it ends before I actually bid at all  Roll Eyes

F
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 04:45:18 pm »

It's called spooning - happens all the time on E**y

So when in Rome.......

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 04:51:06 pm »

It's called spooning - happens all the time on E**y

So when in Rome.......

Del

I think you mean sniping!

Unless you spoon regularly on Ebay  Shocked

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 05:55:36 pm »

Kev

Just keep watching, this site shifts a lot of camera's

The one you want will come up, set your price  (max) you want to pay, bid slowly and wait. If you miss it, another one will come up.
i know funny how ive been out bid on the one i was bidding on so ive put a bid up to £190 if i get out bid ill leave it till next week as they seem to be getting more expensive towards the weekend  Huh

still cant believe the silver ones are going alot cheaper  Roll Eyes

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2008, 12:22:26 am »

Cos' nobody (well almost nobody) want's one Kev. Grin

I don't care whether it's silver or black, the Konica I've got right now is silver to.

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 01:41:13 pm »

I got a camera from them a few years ago. I think they are called digital river and are just selling the returns and older models they buy in baulk from Canon.

If its the same people my camera was brand new and the box was sealed and has been perfect. I got a printer of them as well last year and that was also brand new.

Like you I bid a few before I got one. just watch, say the next 5 that come up, and see what price they go for. If thats within you range then put you maxium bid at that level. Even if someone trys to snipe it in the last seconds it will go to the highest bidder.

When you win you then go thru to a page that takes your payment, I just put in the credit card number. the camera arrived a few days later and could be tracked durning shipment as well.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 10:52:18 am »

well as of saturday - ive done it -
Canon Outlet: Digital EOS 350D BLK

get in in the next day or 2 i cant wait Cheesy

The original one I was bidding on I gave up on as that was going for over £250!! So I started on another. I won it at £240 + postage. Bit more than I wanted but sod it Smiley last night tho I got a email for a second chance offer on the original one I was bidding on for my max offer of £167 + postage. I was gutted as id already paid for mine!!

Oh well its on its way and I cant wait to get using it now Smiley

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2008, 01:28:40 pm »

Well done Kev, welcome to the canon club Grin

Oulton Park here you come....Easter Monday for th first round of the British GT Championship!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: