Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 12:35:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: november?  (Read 13835 times)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2003, 08:48:39 pm »

Ok guys.....now we've all had a rest from the June weekend.......who is considering an excursion in november then?
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 10:22:57 pm »

Well, to say I wasnt thinking about it, would be a lie

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 10:40:05 pm »

Ok guys.....now we've all had a rest from the June weekend.......who is considering an excursion in november then?

Hi Wishy,

Definitely up for it if we can find some reasonable accommodation nearby. Saw your other posting re: hotels so await responses there. The place we normally stay at doesn't vary their room rates at all so probably a bit expensive for this (potential) trip.

Tried Brittany for crossing prices but none yet published on their site for dates this far out. Will let you know soon as I have more info.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 11:39:44 am »

There's a few of our group planning on going.

BTW Pretzel, the Brittany Ferries web site has got prices published. Try http://www.brittanyferries.co.uk/index.cfm?ArticleID=351
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 11:40:45 am »

From the ACO Site. I take it this means no Bentleys!!  Sad

"LE MANS 1 000 KM" - SUNDAY, 9TH NOVEMBER, 2003

In accordance with the announcement made on 13th June prior to the " 24 Heures du Mans ", the ASA ACO of the " 24 Heures du Mans " will be organising a qualifying race for the 2004 " 24 Heures ", which will take place on the Bugatti circuit on the 9th November 2003.

This exceptional and unique race will be run in compliance with the ACO's 2003 specifications, and will be open to the LMP 900, LMP 675, LM GTS et LM GT categories.

" Le Mans 1 000 km " will present the 2004 " 24 Heures du Mans " with the " 12 automatic selections " " on the track " (provisional dates : 12th and 13th June) ; i.e. : 3 per category, subject to there being at least 9 entrants in each of the categories.

According to the provisional calendar, the administrative checks and scrutineering will take place on Friday 7th November, the free practice and qualifying practice sessions on Saturday 8th November, and the race itself will be on Sunday 9th November, with the start fixed 12 noon.

Entries will be open between 1st and 30th September.

This " Le Mans 1 000 km " will be the official launch of the new European series : " Le Mans Endurance Series ".

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 01:20:07 pm »

Just had another thought. November could be our last chance to bid farewell to the Stella Bar!!  Anyone know when it is due to close??

Could be a poignant place to meet?? Also, do they fill the village with the normal bars/shops etc and bring in the funfair for other races or just the 24 Hours??
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 01:30:18 pm »

That's a good idea to choose the Stella Bar as a meeting point for November. I guess there wont be any funfair. I recon they want to test how many people turn up for the first LMES race and apply minimal effort.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 02:20:06 pm »

BTW Pretzel, the Brittany Ferries web site has got prices published. Try http://www.brittanyferries.co.uk/index.cfm?ArticleID=351

Oops.... Meant to say that I'd tried to check out ferry prices for June 2004 as well.

Thanks anyway JP for the pointer.

Just for info a return via Brittany Pompey/StMalo, Fri 7th Nov, returning Caen/Pompey Monday 10th, 4 persons + car + 2 X 2 berth cabins = £287!! Cheaper than June but still pretty steep. Will definitely be researching alternatives  Smiley

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 08:26:00 pm »

Its only polite to give this weekend some serious thought.I see that the race starts at 12 noon,so roughly what time would it likeley finish??
I can see it now...Friday ferry,saturday Le Flambadou,Sunday race,Monday home.oh go on then!!!
PM
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2003, 10:03:56 pm »

Think the race should last about 6 hours.
PM, your planning looks immaculate - can't wait for another Flambadou evening, followed by some racing!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 10:09:26 pm »

Sure thing KP.Are you and Gilles definate for Goodwood this weekend
PM
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2003, 10:38:35 pm »

Sure thing KP.Are you and Gilles definate for Goodwood this weekend
PM

I am - stand 140 all weekend, have to do some interviews etc, but that's my base.  Will keep trying to get Gilles involved. Which day(s) are you there? Sorry there's no Flambadou equivalent locally (to my knowledge)!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2003, 10:58:57 pm »

Saturday for us KP.Ive hired a minibus for 6 of us.We'll have to make do with a little chef on the way

cheers

PM
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2003, 11:00:53 pm »

Le Mans? November?? What's going on???
This sounds interesting, I have to say.
Has anyone seen prototypes and the like on the Bugatti? Has anything like it been done before? What are the viewing areas on the Bugatti going to be like? Will the Lister make it off the ferry? How to you get rid of embarrassing itching once and for all without telling your friends? So many questions...
In the past I've had trouble staying on the Bugatti tarmac just walking around it, never mind balls out in an LM spec car. I need a little local advice on this, will it turn out to be a second gear, no overtaking event?
I've come over all confused now. First, they alter the main track to suit the bikes racing on the Bugatti, then we have the cars going round the Bugatti. Where's my tent? Mam!
It still sounds damn interesting though, in a hmmm, stroking the pointy beard fashion.
Yours,
Confused of Andromeda.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2003, 11:03:38 pm »

Overtaking?the view??When has that ever bothered you H

PM
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: