Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 07:08:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking Rouge  (Read 3804 times)
sjwright944

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2008, 11:41:34 pm »

Hi all,
I'm after some advice please.
Me and my mate usually book a 'numbered' parking space in Expo, but this year have been caught out by online booking, and now Expo is sold out online.
We've bought a Rouge parking permit online as a back up, with the intention of getting a space in Expo using the usual booking form, but now wondering if we should just stick with Rouge.

What's the parking like at Rouge, in particular are we going to be able to get in ok on Sunday morning, as we are staying just out of town, or is it likely to be difficult to find a space, what with alot of people parking up on Sat morning and leaving their cars there all weekend?

Just a bit concerned that the ACO will sell more permits than there are spaces.

Thanks

Simon
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:16 am »

Hi Simon

Firstly, welcome to CA. I hope you enjoy the friendly banter as well as obtain some useful information to help make your trip to Le Mans that little bit better!!  Smiley

As far as I am aware, if you purchase a place in Parking Rouge you are guaranteed a place so you shouldn't have any problems there. If however you leave you place during the day, you may not get the same place back when you return, but you should get somewhere. The major difference obviously to Expo is that you get the same, numbered, space every time which helps when you need to remember where your car is late on Saturday night when you've maybe had a Grand Marnier Crepe too many!  Grin

Don't forget to order your Club Arnage limited edition t-shirt, and hope to see you at the CA gathering at the Champagne Bar in the village at 9pm on the Saturday night!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:10:49 am »

Hi Simon

Firstly, welcome to CA. I hope you enjoy the friendly banter as well as obtain some useful information to help make your trip to Le Mans that little bit better!!  Smiley

As far as I am aware, if you purchase a place in Parking Rouge you are guaranteed a place so you shouldn't have any problems there. If however you leave you place during the day, you may not get the same place back when you return, but you should get somewhere. The major difference obviously to Expo is that you get the same, numbered, space every time which helps when you need to remember where your car is late on Saturday night when you've maybe had a Grand Marnier Crepe too many!  Grin

Don't forget to order your Club Arnage limited edition t-shirt, and hope to see you at the CA gathering at the Champagne Bar in the village at 9pm on the Saturday night!

What's this coherent useful babble?

Honestly, you disappear for ages then turn up giving useful advice.

You're not the man I used to know!

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 07:32:05 am »

Hi Simon

What's this coherent useful babble?

Honestly, you disappear for ages then turn up giving useful advice.

You're not the man I used to know!

Sorry!!  Embarrassed  Normal service will be resumed.

Pencil, Halibut, Goat Herd.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 10:36:45 am »

Goat Herd.

Ohhhhh nooooo now I've got that bleeding song on the brain and all I can picture is you with puppet strings, in lederhosen trilling "high on a hill, lived a lonely goat herd....."   Shocked Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:22:55 am »

I can picture is you with puppet strings, in lederhosen

I'll see what I can find for the DfH party then!!  Grin
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:36:18 pm »

OMG Mark, NO!!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 02:51:27 pm »

Let's hope it's not cold this year  Grin
sjwright944

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:40:57 pm »

Hi Simon

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.
I've been to Le Mans about 6 times now since '96, and think I'm hooked on it. Done the camping thing, and over the last couple of years have been staying out of town but have a really good time.

Parking Rouge sounds ok, I'm not bothered about having the same place, just want to make sure I've got the car off the road.

We'll try to get to the CA gathering, when you say 'the village', do you mean the village in the middle of the circuit, or Anarge village?

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 12:12:26 am »

We'll try to get to the CA gathering, when you say 'the village', do you mean the village in the middle of the circuit, or Anarge village?

In the circuit 'village'.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: