Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 01:02:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tata Motors to buy Jaguar  (Read 9859 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

Why hasn't anyone posted anything for nearly two hours?
Ha!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 05:55:32 pm »

Busy day then Piggers?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
nickliv
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 05:57:19 pm »

Aww Rob. We were playing forum stare - out. You lost!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 06:03:19 pm »

Busy day then Piggers?
Relativly... for me anyway... amd I am in the office after 5!! Now thats unusual Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 12:56:38 am »

Aww Rob. We were playing forum stare - out. You lost!

Get back up North you snow covered gypsy  Wink

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
nickliv
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 01:03:03 am »

Wanna buy some lucky heather - there's some under this snow somewhere, now, where did I leave my pegs and filthy children? Grin
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 01:30:49 am »

Am I reading this in the wrong way?

As an english based welshman, I have been brought up to believe that 'tata' was a farewell, like goodbye. As in TTFN etc.

So, in about 5 years, the name Jaguar will only relate to classic cars and a very fast wild cat in Africa.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 04:02:28 am »

Am I reading this in the wrong way?

As an english based welshman, I have been brought up to believe that 'tata' was a farewell, like goodbye. As in TTFN etc.

So, in about 5 years, the name Jaguar will only relate to classic cars and a very fast wild cat in Africa.
Hi Leftie,
            Jaguars ,the cat, live in South America  Shocked
Phil
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 09:17:37 am »

Talking to someone from Ford Europe Management in summer last year he told me that all these sales (Aston, Jaguar, Land Rover) have just one simple reason: Ford Motor Company is in big trouble and in urgent need of cash - so now they sell everything that generates money (AM, Land Rover) or try to get rid of everything that looses too much money (Jag). My bet is that Volvo is next on the table.

This has been widely publicised, and Ford have made it clear that this is the reason!

I guess as an American Company they can't be seen to be investing (ie throwing away) good money in Jag whilst the American arm of Ford is losing soooo much money.  The revenue from the sales won't cover the losses for long, a few months probably, the bigger benefit is not having to put another billion or 2 into Jag!

Well as Volvo now becomes the only member of PAG then I'm sure they will be next to go, but will anyone want them?Huh  Would the main manufacturers rather see them closed down?Huh  Time will tell!

There is no doubting that in time to come that even as a minimum components (body panels, drive train, etc)  for Jag and LR will be made at Indian plants, it remains to be seen if they would move production there, maybe for a larger volume Jag?

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Big G

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 11:57:53 am »

Volvo would be a very attractive proposition for buyers. I believe that it is the division of PAG that made the most money, closely followed by LR. The two may have swaped places since my last info, however it's swings & roundabouts stuff. Either way, Jag & Aston were both money loosers. I don't believe Ford wanted to sell LR but the only way they could shift Jag was to bundle it up with LR and end up with a net gain.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 01:59:48 pm »

Without having access to a set of Ford accounts it's almost impossible to know the real figures!

Like most big corporates they will have been "adjusting" figures as they saw fit,  but it is probably true to say that LR and Volvo made money, AM probably broke even (maybe even a small profit towards the end) and Jag was nothing but a bottomless pit!  I wonder how they attributed the shared technology and development costs around the group? 

The problem with Volvo is that they are pretty much a competitor for all of the manufacturers, so would they want to buy them?  Or will they join the VAG group and just produce another set of variants on the family platform?  Or will they head East to where the money seems to be these days???  Or will they stay Ford owned???  Probably not the last option, unless they can contribute loads and loads of profit!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 12:14:32 am »

Having seen an 08 plate today model Huh... let  them buy Jag. It looked like all the other shite on the road these days.
Jags used to have an image that went with them.... That has now gone in my view.
Bring back the XJ12 or Daimler Double Six...
Colours should be the Lilac with vinyl roof or limeflower, turquoise etc
The new ones are dogsihte in my opinion... would rather have the chavalier! Cool

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 12:28:29 am »

Having seen an 08 plate today model Huh... let  them buy Jag. It looked like all the other shite on the road these days.
Jags used to have an image that went with them.... That has now gone in my view.
Bring back the XJ12 or Daimler Double Six...
Colours should be the Lilac with vinyl roof or limeflower, turquoise etc
The new ones are dogsihte in my opinion... would rather have the chavalier! Cool

Rosso Red and the Jag version of Electric Blue were good.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 01:01:39 am »

Chocolate Brown and Mustard vinyl roof looks awesome too... am I sad? Grin

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 08:02:14 pm »

Talking to someone from Ford Europe Management in summer last year he told me that all these sales (Aston, Jaguar, Land Rover) have just one simple reason: Ford Motor Company is in big trouble and in urgent need of cash - so now they sell everything that generates money (AM, Land Rover) or try to get rid of everything that looses too much money (Jag). My bet is that Volvo is next on the table.

Not unlike HMG selling off the valuable bits of UK PLC then. Wonder what they'll do when they've nothing left to sell?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: