Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 08:54:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping beer cool  (Read 26847 times)
Andy Z
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2003, 01:10:08 am »

Gentlemen,

I have only one word to say on the subject and that word is Normandy Cider. Well, it's two words actually but let's not be pedantic. It really is MARVELLOUS STUFF. As I think I have mentioned on this forum before, you will soon find out what attracts tramps and homeless people to strong apple-based beverages. They are not really mentally ill, it's just the cider.

The advantage of this so called cidre is that it places you in a nether word of surrealism and wonder. I find it is best drunk chilled for breakfast and jolly refreshing and delicious it is too. Plus, I absolutely guarantee that within the hour you'll be staggering down the race  track in middle of the Porsche Curves, bottle in hand, ranting at the cars going by... "Yahhhh, ya fakkahhhh Herbert, Bentley me arse, ya bastahhh, yer me best mate so ye are... etc".

But a small word of warning. It's easy to buy the wrong stuff. Stuff that could strip the enamel from your teeth at ten paces. So what you do is go down the supermarche and buy a selection of bottles. Open them all and comsume them in the car park (just to get you into this tramp thing). Then when you have selected your favourites, nip back in and buy a few crates. Game on!

Honk Honk! Has anyone seen my Llama?

Andy Z

PS. H, Junior Member???

« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 01:11:38 am by Andy Z » Logged
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2003, 03:43:01 pm »

PS. H, Junior Member???

Is that something to do with appendage size.

Stu
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2003, 05:02:34 pm »

I'm starting to get a little nervous about this year in that 02's all night Tribune-based Champers throughie rendered me near death on Sunday... And I know we've got another one coming this year.  I spent most of the morning in the women's thunder trap in Houx sleeping on the shitter (there were only squat-downs in the men's).  I was only vaguely aware of the ranting and bangings on the door for the hours I spent in there throughout the morning.  When I finally and delicately arrived at the Champers bar, all other members of the all-night crew were STILL consuming that f**k*ng acid.  Christ, I would have retched or sh*t if I'd had anything left.

In '00, my downfall was red wine after a fantastic barbie in Houx.  Everything was going so well until I decided to lie-down in the early evening sun and listen to the sound of motoracing and partying - only to wake-up several hours later with a brain tumor (vino collapso baked into my cerebellum).

But I think Andy Z has struck the nail when it comes to being physicially present but mentally absent from the event.  Local Cider.  Also helps ignite the campfire if necessary.
yowl
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2003, 10:24:30 am »

You could also try freezing the beer (I've only tried lager) before you go, putting it in coolboxes with frozen ice packs, and being religious about opening the boxes in order.  We've had good success with Stella, freezing around 60 cans, leaves about 2 "splits" and some cans can be used to keep your meat cold.  If you leave on Thursday night you should still have cold beer on Sunday afternoon.
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2003, 10:59:27 am »

What buy the Stella in the Uk?
You've gotta be joking?  Think I'm made of money?

Plus there is the weight to consider.  With 8 people, drinking like a fish, say 10 cans a day per person gives 80 cans a day  gives 400 cans. (about 34 cases)
Can you imagine the number of cool boxes!?

Plus the expense!
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2003, 11:50:00 am »

I saw a sencond-hand gas-powered Camping Gaz fridge, for only 30 euros (without he gas bottle) ...

... is someone interested in?

So I could buy it and keep it safely at home until june

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: