Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 08:49:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB Layout?  (Read 20684 times)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 12:23:20 pm »

We may have an additional problem, a nice lady drove into the back of my Saab this morning  Roll Eyes  As I have a fairly substantial tow bar so she did considerably more obvious damage to her car but I've got to take mine in later to see if the impact has warped the boot floor!  If it has we may be stuffed for LM as we won't have a vehicle to tow with.  Fingers crossed...
Firstly, hope you are OK - may be worth getting yourself checked as well as the Saab! ......

Doh! you must have replied while I was typing!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 12:27:48 pm »

More importantly Anita, are you OK??

Cars can be repaired or replaced!

Totally agree,

sounds like you need a stiff drink,

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 12:32:39 pm »

Thanks guys, you're all so nice!   Fingers crossed Sven will be OK and there won't be a problem.  Chappy at the garage reckoned that more likely than not it will be fine as it's a pretty substantial construction!  I can't get out there until after I've been to the Chiro so I'll know later.

I'll update later. 
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 01:41:52 pm »

Towbars are quite effective!  Someone nicked the cover of mine last week so KK had stuck an old tennis ball on it to avoid us walking into the greasy bit - she had to remove it from in her bumper! 

Thanks JP, I've had an ongoing neck problem for the last couple of years, it has been fine for the last month or so, it was a bit problematic first thing (before the accident) and is a bit painful now so I'm off to see the Chiropractor at 2, I can't really tell if this is the same old problem or if it's down to the impact. 

Typically my colleague is on holiday this week so time off is a bit tricky - I could just do with a week home with daytime TV and icepack! 

I'm sure that any twinges are new and that a substantial claim for compensation is in order that will cover the cost of yourself and KK getting out to Sebring in March 2009!!   Wink

Do you know a good lawyer?  Grin Grin Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 02:51:50 pm »

Grin Grin  I don't know how you could suggest that JP  Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 09:24:58 pm »

Well to continue my hijacking of my own thread  Grin

Sven the Saab has fared better than me!   The bike rack that is bolted to the tow bar is bent and will need to be replaced but other than that Sven is entirely fine, no creasing of the boot, no damage to the bumper, nothing.  I knew I bought a Saab for a reason.  I can highly recommend having a tow bar as well!

I on the other hand have whiplash (I can't help but think of Max Mosely when using that word!  Grin), only a 1 on a scale of 0 to 3 but my cheerful Chiro tells me I should expect it to get worse over the next 24 to 48 hours!   
Cobra Andy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 10:06:23 pm »

Will the pitches be allocated for the Classic or is it a free for all?
 It will be my first time on MB so keep it nice and tidy you lot!
I am organising the cobra club trip to this years classic and the ACO have told me that the site will be zoned but not numbered.
All I need from them now is where they are planning to put 70 of us !!!!!!
SO in answer to your question if what the ACO say is correct then its a free for all in the zone you get allocated. If that makes sense.
To be honest in previous years at the classic it hasnt mattered as there has been plenty of space, however I am led to believe that this years event is going to be much better attended, by about another 30,000 so they say, MB, KN are both full and they are apparently allocating BJ for the latecomers. HA is reserved for the Triumph owners club.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 11:33:59 pm »

I on the other hand have whiplash (I can't help but think of Max Mosely when using that word!  Grin), only a 1 on a scale of 0 to 3 but my cheerful Chiro tells me I should expect it to get worse over the next 24 to 48 hours!   

Sue, Sue, Sue, Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

Sebring here we come!!  Wink
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 11:25:44 am »

Sue, Sue, Sue, Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

Sebring here we come!!  Wink

LOL!  We won't make 2009 whatever, we have a house move planned for then.  Fingers crossed for 2010  Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 09:47:06 pm »

I am organising the cobra club trip to this years classic and the ACO have told me that the site will be zoned but not numbered.

etc.

Andy, unlike the Classic, June's 24 Hours will have numbered pitches in MB (and Bleu Nord for that matter).  The major part of people's concerns this year is to how this will be marked out / policed.
Last year, when it was just zoned, the ACO's security made a rather spirited attempt to enforce the zoning from about Monday to Wednesday but kind of lost interest as the site filled up.

Why aren't you pussies coming down for the real Le Mans 24 hours rather than that garden party in July?  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 09:32:26 am »

I rather like tea parties!
 Seriously- would love to do both but I've a house to do up and we are renting at the moment which with the mortgage on top is costing a fortune. Need to get it finished before end of month and get in.  Tis a shame as 4 VIP tickets and invitations for Aston martin's hospitality landed on my doorstep on Tues from my friends at Gulf. Bugger!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 09:44:05 am »

I rather like tea parties!
 Seriously- would love to do both but I've a house to do up and we are renting at the moment which with the mortgage on top is costing a fortune. Need to get it finished before end of month and get in.  Tis a shame as 4 VIP tickets and invitations for Aston martin's hospitality landed on my doorstep on Tues from my friends at Gulf. Bugger!

Make sure you post a link to the eBay auction on here then Si  Grin
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 01:16:22 pm »

Actually Mark i'm going to mail the gaffer at Gulf to see if its alright to put a pair in the CA / DfH charity auction. Could you PM me some details on the charities we are supporting, links etc and I'll get on the case. I also owe you a few bob for a T shirt if my memory serves me well so include your PP address too matey.
 S

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
xflowrich

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 08:56:10 pm »

I guess this pales into insignificance against bent cars (sorry to read that), but...

I've just received notification from the UK ticket agency that the ACO have informed them that the MB layout is somewhat squiffy.  Specifically, the trackside pitches are, indeed, as far from trackside as can be.  As a "proud owner" of one... disappointment is an understatement...  Sad
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2008, 09:12:34 pm »

But on the positive side you do have a good solid barrier behind you ( the wall ) this adds greatly to the security of your pitch.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: