Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 09:45:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 - Not sure if I will bother  (Read 32447 times)
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2008, 04:35:05 pm »

This happens everywhere in the world. Pathetic people who are jealous of other peoples belongings! Or just plain vandals with to much time on their hands. Ask Floris,his car was severely keyed in Breda, not one of the most dangerous cities in Holland. To bad it happened to numerous people on this forum, but I am affraid there is very little we can do about it.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2008, 05:20:06 pm »

Do you know what I did when I saw my car had been keyed?  I called nameless, faceless people horrible words, took a few photos (including one of the sign on the merc window Wink), then went and had a beer.  I then spent the rest of the LM weekend thoroughly enjoying myself.  Yes it's a pain in the @rse, but it's just a bit of paint at the end of the day, and no way am I going to let a scratch in a bit of paint ruin what was an excellent holiday spent with some of the best people I know.

I could have got really pi$$ed off about it but instead I chose to go out and enjoy myself, and do you know what?  I had one of the best weekends of my life.  The great memories I have of great times spent with great friends are worth every penny it will cost me to get the scratch repaired.  Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2008, 05:39:58 pm »

See, that's the spirit!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2008, 05:41:18 pm »

Here here!  Grin

It might have been fun to catch them in the act too.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2008, 06:20:09 pm »

Yeah, that's exactly the spirit I had spending the night to monday sitting in my car as it was fully loaded and I had to wait for a new tyre from Point S monday monring. And that was after spending € 163,50 for towing and another 200 on monday for a Michelin. And another 160€ at home for a Continental as you're not allowed to run different tyres on one axle...

Anyone heard about people stabbing tyres on HA? Mine was damaged on the inside flank, I looked around and saw nothing harmful on the campground. Also the damage itself looked much like done by a screwdriver. Though it's hard to reach the inside with 8" wide wheels and being pretty low with the ride height.

Not to speak about the faulty german genny for a hundred (got that back) or 300 for an overpriced french genny...
It's Le Mans and as already said, if you're a regular you know where to go and where not to go on friday. And btw, we turned our genny off over night as we had a real fridge and temperatures were not that high overnight. Beer was still cold in the morning.

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2008, 08:11:55 pm »

Yea it is the spirit.

Even after I got me genny nicked, my view was sh*t happens. I was just happy it was mine and not borrowed or hired.

Easy answer was just open another beer, even if it was a bit warm.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2008, 12:14:39 am »

Mr Zarse.

I have a kitten you can practise with... He's currently known as hell boy.

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2008, 10:10:16 am »

Hell, even after nearly killing myself on the way there, did any of us think about turning round and going home???

I just hope for 2009 that all the groups are near each other. MB to HAN is too far to stagger to often!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2008, 10:15:15 am »

Your LM spirit was very much in evidence, JPC.  I'm with you, although thus far (hand firmly gripping wood) I've been lucky.  I have even given Paul and my o/h strict instructions to dump my ashes on the Hunaudieres straight when I pop 'em so I'm going to be around forever, come what may.

Seconded about the painful walks - hopefully our dear Dutch friends will pull off the mass booking next year. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2008, 10:21:33 am »

Its good to read the LM spirit aint dead, I for another had the best CA LM, blody excellents freinds met over the years, excellent time spent with them, also a few more faces put to names this year.
Don't let the buggers grind you down, some of us have the good sense to come back for more. Grin

Andy
Brake Later

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2008, 12:24:27 pm »

Classic next month after a detour to Silverstone for some go-kart race!

Then that's it no Le Mans, or any "overseas" races next year(2009).

2010 maybe Sebring, LM classic with the Monte Carlo classic GP as an option along with Pau classic with WTCC a week later. All the normal UK stuff unless we don't run it (WTCC, A1GP, DTM) and assorted club meetings! 
nickliv
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2008, 11:12:55 pm »

Do you know what I did when I saw my car had been keyed?  I called nameless, faceless people horrible words, took a few photos (including one of the sign on the merc window Wink), then went and had a beer.  I then spent the rest of the LM weekend thoroughly enjoying myself.  Yes it's a pain in the @rse, but it's just a bit of paint at the end of the day, and no way am I going to let a scratch in a bit of paint ruin what was an excellent holiday spent with some of the best people I know.

I could have got really pi$$ed off about it but instead I chose to go out and enjoy myself, and do you know what?  I had one of the best weekends of my life.  The great memories I have of great times spent with great friends are worth every penny it will cost me to get the scratch repaired.  Grin

Dx

Well said Doris. Spoken like a true Alfa owner <insert lame gag about the electrics giving up before the rust shows through here>

I do wonder whether we should all be together, it could get very insular and clannish. Much as I enjoyed my time in Stalag Catchpole in HAS, it was great to wander over to other deposits of CA ers round the campsites over the weekend.

And even after the Gimp, the thermite and the barbecues, I still have a job. WIld horses couldn't keep me away next year (Unless I can't get leave, in which case I shall sulk in a marked manner.

And Termie, Do be careful posting about firmly gripping wood, someone might spot an oportunity for mirth.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2008, 12:26:45 am »

Dx

Well said Doris. Spoken like a true Alfa owner <insert lame gag about the electrics giving up before the rust shows through here>

I do wonder whether we should all be together, it could get very insular and clannish. Much as I enjoyed my time in Stalag Catchpole in HAS, it was great to wander over to other deposits of CA ers round the campsites over the weekend.

And even after the Gimp, the thermite and the barbecues, I still have a job. WIld horses couldn't keep me away next year (Unless I can't get leave, in which case I shall sulk in a marked manner.

And Termie, Do be careful posting about firmly gripping wood, someone might spot an oportunity for mirth.

Agreed Nik, I enjoy the eclectic nature of the various sites and their occupants and the tours thereof. Do we really want to be like the Danes in their rows of identical Quechua pop up tents? It's not a pleasant thought, it would be too big and regimented. Team Zarse will continue to plough it's own unique furrow regardless. And I doubt it'll be on the newly souless Maison Blanch.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2008, 10:13:46 am »

I admit it's different for me as I'm not around a lot when there's no racing on so I don't have much free time to wander the other sites (especially as I have my two encumberances to think about Roll Eyes) and visit everybody.  But I do take the CA ghetto point - we had really good neighbours on BN this year - French and English - and it is good to meet and chat to some different people.  There are upsides and downsides to everything, I guess.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2008, 08:39:53 pm »

Eleventh visit this year and I'll definitely be coming back. Sure, there are some idiots about, but fewer I think than a couple of years ago. I dont know anything in the Uk that compares. Give me a few beers, some charred meat, a muddy field and plenty of entertainment on and off track - I'll even forgive the b'stards on BSJ who played 1980s "classics" at 2000 watts until 5am on the last night. It would be too much like hard work not to come back!

Sorry to hear about the damaged cars - there are w**k*rs everywhere. But at least yours were still running. We lost one of our "British classics" about 1/2 hour out of calais on the way to the race.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: