Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 02:07:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champagne Bar  (Read 5889 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2003, 02:17:09 am »

I am new to this , and cant ever get a decent camp site space , would love MB or my old spot back in the blue , but ......

so i have never walked around MB , and ......... getting to the point ,

What or where is this champagne bar , is it for the old trickells or new blood .

p.s. Is it good shampoo or cheap "Eastenders Special - Lubbly Bubbly" at 90p per bottle .

Take life by the horns and live it.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 08:44:33 am »

Cheesy Yes Champagne bar is open to virgin people  Cheesy

Concerning the quality of the drink, it's a middle-rank champagne (rating according French standard, so it could be a good one over the Channel  Tongue ) It was Mumm Cordon Rouge for people who know this producer. (it's not really a producer but it's a detail when you're drunk !!!)

And you drink it in plastic flutes...

The meeting is at 9PM so don't come before 10.30 if you want to meet anyone interesting...

PS: Beware some will offer you some drink akas champagne out of rolling plastic boxes full of ice !

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 02:52:28 pm »

I guess its in MB at your little spot !!!

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 02:58:47 pm »

Robbo, it's not on MB, if you come over the Dunlop bridge into the village it is on your left. You can't miss it full of CA's around 2100 onwards all in strange polo shirts with various statements emblazened on.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 03:48:39 pm »

I may have to come visit , with my own emblazened polo shirt. Grin

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 05:56:37 pm »

Robbo, it's not on MB, if you come over the Dunlop bridge into the village it is on your left. You can't miss it full of CA's around 2100 onwards all in strange polo shirts with various statements emblazened on.
Brian.

Brian,

Wishywashyman and I know where it is. Problem was we couldn't see any CA'er's when we turned up this year at the allotted hour. Mind you it was a bit busy and it was difficult to pick out specific Polo shirts without the wearer wondering what the hell we were looking at, and we're not too practised at meeting up with other men in public places Wink

Maybe as we'd announced our intention to turn up everybody scarpered at 21:00 as a practical joke?

Next year we will also be wearing our own custom polos too to make the meeting up a little easier.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 06:06:37 pm »

Mind you it was a bit busy and it was difficult to pick out specific Polo shirts without the wearer wondering what the hell we were looking at,

As in "Are you looking at my glass of chamagne pal??"

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 07:30:08 pm »

Brian.

Brian,

Wishywashyman and I know where it is. Problem was we couldn't see any CA'er's when we turned up this year at the allotted hour. Mind you it was a bit busy and it was difficult to pick out specific Polo shirts without the wearer wondering what the hell we were looking at, and we're not too practised at meeting up with other men in public places Wink

Maybe as we'd announced our intention to turn up everybody scarpered at 21:00 as a practical joke?

Next year we will also be wearing our own custom polos too to make the meeting up a little easier.

You mistaken!!! when we say "meet at 21:00" it means "we start to arrive at 22:00". especially this year with the "Run out of Gas" team free concert....  Tongue

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 10:49:52 pm »

As in "Are you looking at my glass of chamagne pal??"

That's the one.....

We did come back a little later also but by that time anybody could have been anybody, still that's the nature of the beast.

I suppose CA polo shirts would help here.  Any more news on this front guys? Other than that we will all have to resort to wearing roses in our lapels (or, heaven forbid somewhere else Wink)

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2003, 06:22:05 pm »

Why dont we all wear Caps at a funny angle ( like Murdoch from the 1980's classic The A Team )

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: