Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:08:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No pic - but who, and when?  (Read 19952 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 09:13:15 pm »

You should be ashamed to say such things. Rillettes are okay I suppose, but a greatly inferior to Chichester's finest. As for Super U rillettes, you can shove them up your bum!

Ahhh, Shippams, I worked there in the school hols in the '60's.

I could tell you a few stories about what went into the famous Fish Paste, but I wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble Wink

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 10:21:51 am »

Super U had three different Rillettes on offer last week so all three were purchased and we settled down for a Rillette world cup. The own brand product was pretty poor indeed and was used in a childish catapulting game reminissant of the classic game 'sh*tty shotty' a game which, had it reached olympic status, I would have excelled at and won several golds for the independent state of Yorksestershire!   
 The best Rillette was the one in the glass jar that is a bastard to open. Very nice indeed.
 S

Perhaps they could get Shippams to sponsor the British World Shitty-Shotty Team. Beijing here you come!

I can see replica sports tops on sale...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 05:35:13 am »

By gad, sir - you're a genius! Chris Amon, one of the unluckiest men in top level motorsport, in terms of the manure that surrounded him time after time. That said, I believe him to be hale and hearty in his 60s, which many contemporaries never reached for the usual tragic reason. I assume you'd read the Eoin Young (also a Kiwi, I think?) biography?

This was, for the benefit of anyone still awake, 1967, and Chris was sharing a Ferrari 330P4 with Nino Vaccarella. The retirement was before 11 p.m. I found the story in the new book "Ferrari au Mans 1961-67" by Francois Hurel, which follows on from the same author's series on Ford, Porsche & Matra (at least). Natch it's in French, but the pics are superb, and technical details are international in their nature. The interjections with little tales like this one make it a very good read if you have even basic French, like wot I have got. I bought it during the 24 hrs, and I think the (English-speaking) seller said they were going really fast. But then a Ferrari book would!

Eoin is indeed a Kiwi. I have a glass of lunch with him at least once a week. Chris. Amon is still hale and hearty, has retired from farming and is living a relaxing life on the northern shores of Lake Taupo, enjoying his boat "Can-am"
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 09:06:44 am »

Hey Kiwi - long time no see!   I have been wondering how you got on with your broken foot at LM in June?  Did you make it after all?

F
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 09:15:00 am »

Eion is indeed a Kiwi- I've just finished reading his book on Bruce McLaren- a great read.
 I got the story from my journo pal who navigates for me on historic road rallies. Lucky bugger went out to interview him last year. I get to hear some great stories from Nige, he really has the best job getting to meet all those guys and gets to drive some amazing cars. He offered me a staffers job on a mag last year doing technical bits and bobs but the mag folded after four editions so that was that. Shame really.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 10:20:07 am »

Hey Kiwi - long time no see!   I have been wondering how you got on with your broken foot at LM in June?  Did you make it after all?

F

Yes - we made it - thanks to the CA team for camping and grandstand passes. Had an amazing time of it. Foot was a hassle but I managed.

Don't think I will make it back next year, but aiming for 2010.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 10:49:26 am »

If you're coming over in 2010 Mr Kiwi you need to come over for a month and catch the Classic, fantastic weekend (but don't tell anyone else!) Shame to come all that way and miss it ;-)
 S

Dick Dasterdly was right
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 01:53:34 am »

If you're coming over in 2010 Mr Kiwi you need to come over for a month and catch the Classic, fantastic weekend (but don't tell anyone else!) Shame to come all that way and miss it ;-)
 S

If the bank balance can handle it, that is what I would like to do.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 07:20:56 am »

Well if the bank manager says yes there will be several cold ones awaiting your attention. ;-)

Dick Dasterdly was right
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 06:59:12 am »

Well if the bank manager says yes there will be several cold ones awaiting your attention. ;-)

I am looking forward to it already!

A mate who was at the classic this year dropped off a programme for me today... Damn that looks good
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: